• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Death and Decay

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

"... Do you have any idea de men who watch you, wish they could be by your side ... you walk into a room and heads turn, voices hush and all eyes are on you... "

Her fingernail lightly dragged itself along the surface of the rose petal. Her thoughts were on the one who spoke those words, his hand had been clasped over hers. Her eyes were unreadable as she gently stroked the velvet surface, remembering fragments of the last few days.

"... ye do realize ah' just told ye ah've been admirin' ye from afar for months now ... long before either of us thought o'me runnin' for Yew... "

Arkon standing at the foot of her stairs, turning to look up at her. Standing in her evening gown, the moonlight shining down upon them both as time stood still. His mouth slightly open before the corners curling into his signature rogueish grin.

"... this is a lot for ye to take in, I know... an its a lot for me to speak... "

It wasn't that she doubted his sincerity in his proposed affection for her. She knew he believed he cared for her. In a way, she was grateful for that attraction as it had saved her life. However, she knew one thing he didn't...

He didn't know her, not the real her.

The Duchess had intelligence, money, beauty and her influence in the lands was growing. She held herself elegantly, a living sculpture of perfection and breeding. She walked the world of politics and intrigue with wisdom well beyond her mortal appearance. The Duchess was all he saw and she was all of these things, a prize in the world of arranged marriages.

The truth was that below the facade was the horrific truth that lay festering underneath the flawless exterior. Behind those pale blue eyes lay a cold-blooded predator. He had seen glimpses, perhaps believing the moments as mere nightmares beyond her control.

He was a fool to think of her as a mortal or a frail human.

It was only a matter of time before he saw the danger she was. In time, his infatuation would pass and fade as all those before.

She would watch... and wait... for the inevitable decay.

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Still in her evening gown from the Infirmary fundraiser, she made her down to her private chamber to change and prepare for dawn's approach. She stepped over to her vanity, removing her diamond jewelry with her back to the rest of the bedroom.

An amused voice broke the silence, "Holy ****. You dress up nice!"

Alira's fingers dropped the earrings, spinning around to the voice, "How'd ye get in 'ere?" she snapped at the man.

"You left the door open, how else? Seriously you should invest in locks." Adonias tilted his head and looked her up and down, not making any effort to hide it, "Any maniac could come in your house. An when you're changing even, Oh my!"

Adonias. She took a step backwards, pressing against the wall. Her room was locked and in fact, locked by blood. He should not have been able to enter. She swore his grin grew, "Oh whatever. You know I ain't going to hurt you. ****. Ain't no reason to."

"Yer 'ere for a reason... out wit' it." she said as she began to recover from the shock.

"Of course I am. I hear you're hiring mercs. Figured I'd make an offer. Cause, well, sort of in that line of work. Sort of, " his face still holding that rogueish grin.

"W'at's your price?, " She said as she watching him closely. His disrespect starting to fester in her core as she felt the hairs on the back of her neck lift. She stared at him intently, eyes narrowed.

"Depends. You still a cold hearted vampire monster who will wafflestomp anyone who crosses you into a floor drain if given half the chance?"

She replied coldly, "Indeed."

"Then perhaps... mmm... " he started. She started to stalk towards him, pausing a few feet away, "I make enough gold. Perhaps just toss me a bit of fun on ocassion. Honestly I've been doing stuff for funsies lately. Killin' just isn't fun unless someone's getting jollies out of it. "

She smirked, her hand planting itself on one of her hips, "I'm not for sale."

"I don't want you. Seriously, you're a deadite that takes being undead way too serious. I mean, what the **** good is immortality if you spend it with a stick up your ass?"

"Charmed. Who do ye want? A flavor o' the month?" she asked. "An' what the **** do I get out o' it?"

"I stab people a lot who get in your face? Oh an will generally cause any sort of mayhem or shennanigans you might need done without asking pesky questions... " his voice raised an octave, "Oh noez, I don't wanna kill that cart full of puppies and babies. That's wroooong." His voice dropped again, once again dangerous in its emphasis, "Pfft... I'll light 'em up if you say so. You know, not giving a **** is a bonus in my line of work."

"An ye always excelled at it." she said, her voice even.

"And you know I won't **** you over. I don't work for anyone who won't tell me to murder babies to get their way." She took another deliberate step towards him, now standing in front of him, "Seriously I'm just out for a laugh. So long as you keep me entertained, your part of the bargain is fulfilled."

She studied him for a long moment. Her pale eyes cold and unreadable as she internally debated the logic of the offer. She finally spoke, "Fair enough. So as long as I keep ye amused, ye'll keep murdering all the babies..."

"All those tasty, tasty babies, " he said, interjecting.

"... an' puppies I can find, aye?"

"But not baby goats. Too cute. You ever seen one of those things in a sweater? ****."

She smirked at him, "I'm goin' t'assume a contract would be worthless on t'is. Verbal agreement then?"

"You're so ****ing complicated. I'm not a god damn demon or one of you deadies. You give me **** to do and people to ****, I'll do the **** and **** the people. That simple."

She glared at him as he was turning to leave before he piped up, spinning on his heels, "Oh!"

Alira gritted her teeth slighty, "W'at?"

"I gotta say..." pointing a finger at her and gesturing to the length of her figure, "you look great in that dress. If'n you weren't as cold as a white wyrm's ****, I'd be swooning a bit." She blinked once as he continued, "I hate how the vampire curse makes good looking women all cold. It's annoying as ****."

She recovered and put back on her 'resting pancake face' as he called it, "Indeed. Too bad ye can't just light us on fire o' somethin' t'warm us up, eh?"

"He waved a hand at her dismissively, "Nah, still good as eye candy. Plus deadie women are ****ing crazy."

"Hey pot. Meet kettle, " she said flatly.

"Naaah, I'm not a woman, you silly neck biter." he said, grinning.

"I meant the ****ing crazy part." she clarified.

Adonias turned back around again, "I'm not crazy. It's the rest of the world and it's collective stick up the ass syndrome" Alira watched him begin to fade into the shadows as he laughed a bit. The clock chimed upstairs as she stared at nothing, her body motionless.

Why is unlife so ****ing complicated?