• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear UO - Colored Dragons

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this new fluffy cutesy my little pony age.........the next colour added will be Pink.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I believe that they were going to add dragon coloring, back when they came out with modsain's legacy, however the art work(everything one solid color) made them look worse, and nobody liked. I think the hair dye was originally supposed to be dragon coloring(not sure though).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe that they were going to add dragon coloring, back when they came out with modsain's legacy, however the art work(everything one solid color) made them look worse, and nobody liked. I think the hair dye was originally supposed to be dragon coloring(not sure though).
The lack of definition yes made everything look "dipped in paint" and until they can "fix" that by making it layered or whatever so that only "parts" color... I personally would prefer if they took the classic red dragon in the EC and made it to where only the red colored... that would be perfect... but that seems unlikely. Sadly many things in UO get "dipped" in paint... try coloring the Throne... classic one with the brown wood and red... now one would believe that only the RED part should color but no... the whole thing becomes colored and just looks hideous... Over the years artists in UO have gotten better and made things partial hue... really like this and wish this were the norm. But sadly no...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd just be happy if I could see both orange and brown dragons in EC instead of all orange.

EC and pets don't seem to get along, a lot of the pets cannot be seen in their CC colors - why???????????

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
TC The same Jove that used to play on AOL Legends when it was AOL Legends?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I think the best way to add this is to make them spawn with the special hue. Then add a special hued scale to the corpse if it is killed and cut up. The scale can be used to create a pet hue dye that could be used on existing pets.

Then you could either tame the new hued critter and have a new pet, or kill it to apply that hue to an existing pet. Everyone is happy and has a reason to hunt critters for the new hues.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They added 55 new tamable dragon colors with the patch... shadow wyrms and the 54 different hues of frost dragons/drakes ranging in shades from various blues, teals, lilacs, lavenders and grey blues. The variety is large and wide...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They added 55 new tamable dragon colors with the patch... shadow wyrms and the 54 different hues of frost dragons/drakes ranging in shades from various blues, teals, lilacs, lavenders and grey blues. The variety is large and wide...
But unfortunately for us EC users we don't see but a few toned down colors of any of the new colors in any pet. The Crimsons are beautiful to us, Stygians are sorta meh, frost dragons/drakes are same old one color or almost one color.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
EC can see about 20 shades of the frost dragons, in fact, it could be argued the hues are more vibrant in ec

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Frost Dragon.png

It is pretty... but not pink or purple... but pretty.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the reasons I don't play the EC is any color pet makes me want to rip my eyeballs out....

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmm, guess I must have a graphics problem.
It could be graphic settings, but it could just be similar colors. A lot of the hues are really close to each other and you need to see them side by side to distinguish them sometimes. See here for a screenshot of some of the Frosties we've seen: Frost Dragons