• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear UHall, I am searching for something.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People have said that there exists somewhere an image of a crazy item that possessed every property in UO that speedman or some other dev team member made on a Test Center a long while ago.

Some have said that this image may even exist somewhere in the Stratics archives, which means that it is lost for all time behind the worst search function in the history of creation.

On the off chance that someone has it, or can find it, or knows where to get it, I am looking for it.

Thanks.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said that it happened on TEST CENTER. I fail to see how the existance of an image of such a thing could be construed as some unbelievable April Fools prank.

G

No, alas there is some truth in the legend and it was not on the test center. Pictures of the offending item still exist on the net, but I'll not link to them.

G

You are probably talking about that ring given out at an Asian shard event. It was apparently deleted and another prize given. There is also an item that a developer created on Test Sosasia which had every item property imaginable.

G

Oops, my apologies then - I've not heard of that one before.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

No, alas there is some truth in the legend and it was not on the test center. Pictures of the offending item still exist on the net, but I'll not link to them.

[/ QUOTE ]You might be thinking of the items that were being illegally created on the Japanese shards a few years ago.

Also: I have no idea why you seem to imply that linking to a picture of an item would be a morally corrupt activity.

Edit: JC beat me to it.

G

Not morally corrupt, just a topic that I didn't think was good of me to drudge up ... which makes my making a post at all look rather silly and self-defeating I realize.

*exits stage left*