• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Mesanna, "Reward the players that pay the FULL Year" ? HALLO ?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From a European perspective, that stuff is really hard to understand. Why would anybody pay to visit so much manifest sillyness? Does it have a satirical aspect? ;-P

No offense, my dear American friends! Luv ya!
Think of it as soap opera for men.

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If it wasn't for my Shard Shields, I wouldn't have houses on 13 shards and wouldn't be running 16 accounts and they would lose the revenue from 12 of them....

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont remember if someone pointed out for Poo that prople pay full year for multiple accounts without being 15 + vet? I pay full year for my 3 accounts now at 16+ years as I did all the other years.. I dont feel I need special gifts theese days. I have specilal memories and friends and have been around for so much fun that the newer people missed. Ppl around 30 now were too young to play and have money to do so around 97-98.. Why punish them? We dont need to discourage the biggest group of players , we need them to pay their accounts and so do we. Or we might end up with no UO at all.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe she did say something about adding a 20 year reward when we hit that mark.

And not to burst your bubble but honestly that sort of thing discourages players from starting feeling that they are "WAY behind" and will never catch up. Already how many players are butt hurt over not being able to get shard shields? And you want to add to that more grumbling and feelings of never being able to get anywhere?

I honestly think Mesanna has the right idea. I would welcome more rewards for all my years of devotion. I often don't want to "waste" a pick since I only get two on most things that I would like because I feel they are such "low" rewards and it just burns me to waste a 15+ year pick on some 1st to 5th year reward... but when I was 1 to 5 years new we didn't have such awesome picks..... we actually thought that the hideous robes were "awesome" picks. If I could take them back I would.

I really wish they would update the robes to actually be something worth wearing. I mean honestly who the heck wants a 3 physical resist robe or cloak??? No ONE. No one wants resists. They want things they can't normally put on things... SSI would be nice, SDI would be great... MR would be excellent... And a combination of some of that maybe even HCI, DCI, Increased Stamina, Mana, etc... Damage Increase. NO one is going to ever pick them again with what they have now.
Your points here are contradictory. You say people complain because they are too far behind - then suggest adding mods to vet rewards you can't get elsewhere in game.

I'd prefer all vet rewards be things that are NOT directly tied to combat. Decoration, ridables, house add ons, shard shields are all good because if you have them they are nice to haves but you don't have a distinct advantage over someone who doesn't. Remember all the crying about ethy's that made them introduce the Charger of the Fallen for younger players so they wouldn't have to wait 3 years to ride an ethy?

I would like to see more interesting add ons or having accounts with higher years have more house storage for example. Add 5% more storage for every year over 12 or something. At 20 you have 40% more storage. Thats a pretty easy thing to implement.

I'd also like to see them 'sell' veteran status - $10/year or $30 for 5. How many players would buy up a few years to get to those rewards they want to claim/use like shard shields? It would be an added amount of revenue in their pockets. Waiting is annoying and this would be a perfect 'power up' that affects no one negatively.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 max age accounts, three 3-4 year old accounts and the rest somewhere between 8 and 12 years Some accounts I pay Monthly and cancel and renew as the urge strikes me or B.S. whizzes me off Anything over 10 years old I pretty much pay for in 6 month blocks that auto renew. Don't see that changing based on a few more reward choices based on whether I was paid up a full year at a time. I don't let my main and older accounts lapse just because, even when I am gone from the game 5-6 months at a shot they are still paid and aging. Don't see why folks that pay 3 months here and there and age those 3months while paid should not get the same benefit as those of us who stay consistently paid. I don't like or agree with the 90 day rule but it is there and it is what it is. But the account itself is only getting older when the subs are paid. LOL I logged in the other day to an account I placed a house with shortly after AOS and never logged into that account again until yesterday, looked kind of funny getting the 30 hours of young status left message with the vet reward window popping up at the same time. Since the account was paid consistently all of those years, should that account not qualify for vet rewards since it does nothing but sit there and hold a very active house on a very inactive account? I mean seriously in like 11 months an account with 10 hours on it, zero skills, will have LOTs of shard shields available as picks. Personally I think it is kind of Cheezy but hey its my Cheez so not going to complain.