• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear EC users we need your help

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have noticed that after returning that it is extremely hard to view inventory from vendors that have been stocked while using the EC. Please understand that UO uses two clients and when viewed with the CC it is hard to find items as most items are all at the top of the containers. I know that you have lost lots of sells from me as I can not find the item I am looking for to buy. Please restock/stock your vendors with this in mind. TY

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is a button that is an option in EC. It allows you to change containers to classic format and back again. I keep it on a hotbar for stocking vendors. I wouldn't want to miss out on a sale from a CC customer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And it's right ON the container to boot...

I don't do vendors so I don't worry about it... (save the ones that hold my containers... which you shouldn't be shopping there anyway they are all set to not for sale and are opted out of vendor search)... But anyway...

I gues I'm in the EC so stuff is never hidden to me either... though I will say it makes all those artsy vendors look "weird" when you look at their items in the EC and they have decorated the vendor pack...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-4-16_10-30-35.png

And for EC users that don't know where the 'toggle' icon is it is under 'Actions' 'Other' , just drag it to a hotbar and when you go to stock click it to open the legacy backpack, boxes etc, if you need to stock from another EC set container just toggle it again to open then toggle back. Pictured is my normal backpack, the Action menu showing the icon to drag over, and one of my vendors pack open with the gift box open to show the view.

Happy vendoring.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No idea. Had this issue with Third Dawn as well, when stocking vendors.

You're probably gonna hear that its jumbled code, small team, etc etc. Either way, I have actually paid more for something on a different vendor just to keep from having to log and relog into EC to see the pack.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have noticed that after returning that it is extremely hard to view inventory from vendors that have been stocked while using the EC. Please understand that UO uses two clients and when viewed with the CC it is hard to find items as most items are all at the top of the containers. I know that you have lost lots of sells from me as I can not find the item I am looking for to buy. Please restock/stock your vendors with this in mind. TY
Just ask around. There are lots of EC players willing to help out buying the stuff you want. What exactly do you need? I can buy it for you.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My UI automatically opens the vendor in free form mode (even when you are restocking), unfortunately it was never included in the default UI when we reworked it :/

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just ask around. There are lots of EC players willing to help out buying the stuff you want. What exactly do you need? I can buy it for you.
The point is for the EC users to remember that there are other people that play UO too.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The point is for the EC users to remember that there are other people that play UO too.
You may find a lot of newer players/vendors don't actually realise there is a difference. I have been running vendors for years so automatically set them to classic view. However if you find someone who is stocking in the EC view could be an idea to write em a note and stick it in their letterbox letting them know and refering them to this thread or just tracking em down in general chat and nicely letting them know they will increase their business by a whole lot of they utilize the legacy toggle.

Any new player setting up a vendor who has never played classic client probly had no clue it is such a difference.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, but all you need to do is ask in chat for someone to help you.

You tell me that every time I argue for equal access to shard shields, so I just use your own logic here. Maybe you realize how flawed it usually is now :)

I personally never had trouble selling my stuff. Barely worth the time switching container settings.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, but all you need to do is ask in chat for someone to help you.

You tell me that every time I argue for equal access to shard shields, so I just use your own logic here. Maybe you realize how flawed it usually is now :)

I personally never had trouble selling my stuff. Barely worth the time switching container settings.
I should not be required to ask in chat for help buying something when it should be up to the shop owner to properly stock their shelves for all people. LOL Shard Shields are a REWARD and if you refuse to stock your goods for all then I refuse to buy your goods. I am letting EC users know that they are losing sells and you want to turn this into a pissing contest about Shard Shields and how butt hurt you are about them.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just gave you a spoon of your own medicine, relax :)

"I should not be required to ask in chat" should apply to all areas of the game, from buying stuff to inter shard mobility. Maybe you understand that a bit better now.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just gave you a spoon of your own medicine, relax :)

"I should not be required to ask in chat" should apply to all areas of the game, from buying stuff to inter shard mobility. Maybe you understand that a bit better now.
Stock your vendors any way you want that is your choice but I will never buy your junk.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have a great solution for you...

Buuuuut, you'd have to stop using cheat programs. I mean, that is the only reason CC is still alive - no?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess it's all said. Ask in chat @Lord Frodo or switch to the EC. My offer still stands to buy the items for you. Just send me a PM when in need.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always change to the old bag view when stocking vendors, but I am glad my backpack no longer looks like the end of a rummage sale. I was always losing stuff!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Buuuuut, you'd have to stop using cheat programs. I mean, that is the only reason CC is still alive - no?
This is very outdated thinking as it's been mentioned time and time again that EC can also cheat with scripts, OP has a very valid point regarding vendor stacking. I mainly use the CC myself but still have to use the EC for stacked vendors, Hue/Type ID's, some housing and t-hunting... which has nothing to do with cheating but has everything to do with it's additional functionalities. People aren't playing UO for the graphics and I know if I personally was then I wouldn't be playing UO, I love the original feel of the game and rares among other things that just don't look the same in the EC. For the last 9 years of polling on the client wars, the results are almost the same every year. Keep in mind not everyone is on Stratics however it isn't always the same people voting either!

Poll - Which Client do you use more?
2009: 67,1% CC - 28,9 EC - 4% Other Total of 173 Votes given
2011: 62,3% CC - 27,8 EC - 10% Both Total of 281 Votes given
2013: 65,2% CC - 34,8 EC Total of 105 Votes given
2014: 64% CC - 35% EC - 1% Other Total of 85 Votes given
2015: 57,1% CC - 18,6 EC - 24.3% Both Total of 210 Votes given
2017: 69.6% CC - 30.4% EC Total of 168 Votes given
2018: 69.6% CC - 30.4% EC Total of 115 Votes given so far! (What client do you play? CC or EC?)

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would agree with those stats - 70% of the playerbase are using unapproved programs to cheat and/or script (or they are using that approved scripting program for CC). That sounds very accurate.

I would agree there may be a small handful of people that are actually using CC vanilla for nostalgia/immersion/ignorance reasons.

The "scripting" available in EC is not even comparable to what programs that work only for the CC can do... unless I'm in the dark on some widely used EC memory reader/packet sender/function caller...

IMO - keeping CC on life support is one of the things that has held UO back for many years.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the CC b/c the only functional UI came from ALOT of hard work from Pinco.
Sadly, I find it FAR to bloated with (for me) unnecessary additions and unnecessary scripts (can slow things down & occasionally crash).
*Personal Gripe* The "Auto" toggle off war mode/attack when blood oathed killed playing my necro mage in PvP against most dexers.

I would agree there may be a small handful of people that are actually using CC vanilla for nostalgia/immersion/ignorance reasons.

The "scripting" available in EC is not even comparable to what programs that work only for the CC can do... unless I'm in the dark on some widely used EC memory reader/packet sender/function caller...

IMO - keeping CC on life support is one of the things that has held UO back for many years.
There are much MORE than a "small handful" legit using the CC for other reasons then your rather limited 3. It's a solid client that looks nice to many players.

Yes, you are in the dark for EC functions which can be modded to mimic much of what's available in CC 3rd party progs. Its out there.
The thing is, much of the work in that area (CC 3rd party progs) has already been done, is extremely user friendly & is readily available w/o much effort.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep this. If it was I could uninstall the classic client. I only use CC to run that "easy" little program that only exists for the CC.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PM me the details!!
LOL - u just gotta talk w/ the right people chief !;)
Or learn some LUA !

*** I don't use anything other that UOA but I've heard tons of talk in Ventrilo/TS/Discord over the years, mostly from players on other shards (not my home ATL).
No, I will not be PMing anyone :p

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, you are in the dark for EC functions which can be modded to mimic much of what's available in CC 3rd party progs. Its out there.
Oh I know it's possible but it requires code injection and some other low level stuff that is beyond me - by default you can't make an EC script "use" any objects so lua scripts are pretty harmless. But I have seen how the EC can be modified by a very smart programmer that would make it possible to do a lot of the "easy" things CC programs can do. I have yet to see a full kit that is polished and "easy" to use. That's why I said "widely used" earlier ;)

If there was such a kit, I think you would see those poll numbers flip flop.