• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Devs

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this is in fact to all 2-3 of you. I just wanted to whole heartedly thank you for destroying UO specifically to one of you, you know who you are!! Thank you for your years of dedication and persistence in destroying this little niche classic game that we all enjoy playing so much. Thank you for the super awesome l33t graphics that fit so well, look in perfect proportion to the character sprite scale, and pertain to Richard Garriots pseudo "Lore" i.e.: Dinosaurs. Maybe next you can add space travel, or a bit of Magic Carpet action..heck what about Siege?! They can't recall...demand Magic Carpets?! So looks like I'll be taking my $790 a year elsewhere considering you can't even comprehend a basic aspect of running an Online MMORPG..on online store! Keep my $49.99 your store can't find..even though it was deducted from my account..keep sending out emails with promotional codes, that don't even work. We can consider it payment for all the times I got away with breaking game mechanics and such..anywhoooo for anyone reading about 6-7plat worth of items will be falling with my 5 houses across the shards once my 6 month codes wear off, however it won't be easy! There will be hundreds of bags and bags within bags all too heavy to load into packies you'll have to search through all the bags and bag and bags, move all the candelabras and who knows you may get lucky in finding a slither or 10 good luck trammies!!! -Peace for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this is in fact to all 2-3 of you. I just wanted to whole heartedly thank you for destroying UO specifically to one of you, you know who you are!! Thank you for your years of dedication and persistence in destroying this little niche classic game that we all enjoy playing so much. Thank you for the super awesome l33t graphics that fit so well, look in perfect proportion to the character sprite scale, and pertain to Richard Garriots pseudo "Lore" i.e.: Dinosaurs. Maybe next you can add space travel, or a bit of Magic Carpet action..heck what about Siege?! They can't recall...demand Magic Carpets?! So looks like I'll be taking my $790 a year elsewhere considering you can't even comprehend a basic aspect of running an Online MMORPG..on online store! Keep my $49.99 your store can't find..even though it was deducted from my account..keep sending out emails with promotional codes, that don't even work. We can consider it payment for all the times I got away with breaking game mechanics and such..anywhoooo for anyone reading about 6-7plat worth of items will be falling with my 5 houses across the shards once my 6 month codes wear off, however it won't be easy! There will be hundreds of bags and bags within bags all too heavy to load into packies you'll have to search through all the bags and bag and bags, move all the candelabras and who knows you may get lucky in finding a slither or 10 good luck trammies!!! -Peace for now!

the dinosaur thing is a bit much.....but hey, at least they existed, dragons and ogres?? No sign of those guys........

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missed the part where Mesanna said they have no control over the store?
Most of the recent content has been brought into UO from the original Ultima games, so claiming they don't fit won't really wash either. Blame Garriot. He made the original Savage Empire.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missed the part where Mesanna said they have no control over the store?
Most of the recent content has been brought into UO from the original Ultima games, so claiming they don't fit won't really wash either. Blame Garriot. He made the original Savage Empire.
Again...like I said. Add space ships, and magic carpets. I'm well aware it's part of Ultima "Lore"..when do we get to murder children?

Edit: I'd also like photon guns to combat the new 1.25 Archers!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the dinosaur thing is a bit much.....but hey, at least they existed, dragons and ogres?? No sign of those guys........
I'm not comparing it to RL..just how it doesn't fit in a fantasy MMORPG with warriors and wizards. I mean neither do ninjas, or samurais. At least Necro/Paladins made some sense.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and pertain to Richard Garriots pseudo "Lore" i.e.: Dinosaurs...
Again...like I said. Add space ships, and magic carpets. I'm well aware it's part of Ultima "Lore"...
I don't get it, if you know it's a part of the original Ultima lore, what is the complaint? That Garriot didn't do it? Or that he did?

You want to go back 25 years and take out some of what the games creator put in?

You're mad that if some of that old stuff is in, but not all of it?

You feel that UO should be limited to just Middle Ages Europe themes? But dragons and necromancers are ok?

Where exactly is your personal cut-off for lore for a D&D/Tolkienesque setting? Why would that be better than what is in the game now?

Here is the Ultima Savage Empire box. I especially like the "Lord British Presents" and the dinosaur.

worldsultima_savageempire_pcbox.jpg

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's supposed to be a game, played for fun. If it's gotten that bad I applaud your decision to walk away. Why pay for something to make you miserable? Hell if not for a few good friends I've made I would have done the same about 2 years ago. And knowing me, I would have left a parting shot or two myself. Hopefully you lived in Fel so at least when your houses drop there can be some fights in your honor

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's always a bummer to see a long time UO member (and Stratics poster) leave the community - Happy trails.

I can understand frustration with the both the Origin store and the in-game store, but as already noted... this is out of their hands. I know that's a lame excuse... but I don't think that's one you can put on the small handful of developers. This topic has been exhausted many times here in UHall, so probably no need to rehash it again.

I also don't think it's fair to say they "destroyed" the game. Sure, I was a little weary about the dinosaur content when I first heard about it... but the reality is that I hardly ever interact with any dinosaurs when I do hunts in Eodon. It's not like this game became Jurassic Park over night and suddenly we had raptors running around everywhere. They're really just new monsters and not all the different from the type of fantasy monsters we see in just about all of the facets. I can understand maybe this gets away from the core "medieval fantasy type" MMORPG Ultima Online originally started as... but it is after all a derivative of other Ultima series content. Most of the other Eodon content is still very interesting IMHO. My guild still runs Shadowguard nearly every night. For a twenty year old game to continue adding new content, ofcourse they were going to start scraping the barrel in terms of ideas and different stuff to add... but that doesn't mean it's all that bad either.

I applaud the developers for continuing their hard work on our behalf and keeping this game alive. It's something special in the world of video gaming.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Can I have your stuff?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think recent addons are great. I love UO - modern UO.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to see anyone leave but I certainly can't fault the decision. To be a UO subscriber there has to be a small part of you that is a maschosist (sp?).

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I'm not a dev but I read your message and I'd like to say that I'm sad to see another player leave the game!

Back when I saw that dinosaurs were going to be added to the game it reminded me how mad I was when motorcycles were added to another game I enjoyed playing. But with UO I just don't go to that area and I just stay in Fel.

Oh and thanks for saying that they'll be missing out on your $790 a year because it made me think what I'm spending per year! Yikes!!! It gave me a headache to even think that I'm currently paying for 14 accounts. I'm not even going to do the math on that. Hehe

Oh one more thing if you have any old special housing or castles please don't let them fall! The history and old structures are rapidly disappearing from our servers.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just saying.... I am pretty much doing what I have been doing since 93. If you don't like the new stuff don't incorporate it in your play. And don't quit!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
2x Chessy, LS, ATL, GL..all fel houses

Does that mean you have 5 houses on Siege, hmmm?

I hope you step away, take a break and reconsider. You have been... entertaining over the years.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that mean you have 5 houses on Siege, hmmm?

I hope you step away, take a break and reconsider. You have been... entertaining over the years.
I mean im not "deleting/selling" accounts..I'll keep a Mage and a Dexxer suited on the shards I play, pvp for the next 4-5 months whatever is left on my time. Troll pack my houses, save my soulstone just in case..and probably come on a newbie character and watch the mayhem as the try and search through every bag for that certain valuable. Heck some houses may even be just chests with bags in bags in bags..just to be a derp derp..lol will be so funny to me.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Customer Support...I can't log in to my mythic account because the password is wrong..which it's not, but ok I'll reset it..can't reset it due to Error in the site please try again..ok so I'll email support, that makes sense yes!! So customer support how can I log into my mythic account if the website won't let me??! 48 hours later...

Cool...Awesome...wish logging in to my EA account was the issue. Fkin turds! Ugh, I can't even cancel a recurring sub, it's like they're trapping me!