• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Devs, Please revisit area spells again and make them right

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wither, does great damage to all mobs in radius. Mana cost = 23

Chain Lightning and meteor swarm, damage is divided up among mobs, if there are many of them in radius of damage damage is way way low to each. Mana cost = 40.

How bout letting the grand ole mage spells have the same output/usefulness as the necro spell? Not asking for a nerf to wither, just a boost to mage area spells to be on the same damage level.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, why can't I kill an entire room of people in two quick casts? My mage is underpowered. Also get rid of pet slots again.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Chain Lightning and meteor swarm, damage is divided up among mobs, if there are many of them in radius of damage damage is way way low to each. Mana cost = 40.

How bout letting the grand ole mage spells have the same output/usefulness as the necro spell? Not asking for a nerf to wither, just a boost to mage area spells to be on the same damage level.
At least you can boost CL and MS with slayer damage... wither damage can't be.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least you can boost CL and MS with slayer damage... wither damage can't be.
Wither has no reduction based upon the number of targets like CL and MS do. Not saying wither is OP, but chain lightning, meteor swarm, and 8th level summons could use a refresh.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, why can't I kill an entire room of people in two quick casts? My mage is underpowered. Also get rid of pet slots again.
180 sdi withers will clear things out fairly quick. :)

I would still rather use an AoE wep and whirlwind over spamming wither....

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wither has no reduction based upon the number of targets like CL and MS do. Not saying wither is OP, but chain lightning, meteor swarm, and 8th level summons could use a refresh.
Then we have to put hail storm and nether cyclone on the table?

I agree though, instead of nerfing wither those area spells need to be adjusted

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have always found it to be odd that mages on UO have such poor AoE damage spells, specially compared to dexxers.
Those spells could use some revisiting, at least for PvM.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Straight mages are useless at spawns. I would like Chain Lightning and Meteor Swarm to be useful.....wither is effected by SDI...you can get crazy damage. Not about over powering but rather balancing.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do whatever you want with mage damage as long as remains the same as it is for PvP. A flock of mages are already annoying enough.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do whatever you want with mage damage as long as remains the same as it is for PvP. A flock of mages are already annoying enough.

Wouldn't want to upset the dominance of weapon users in PvP.

AoS revisited - the AoS superstars are loving it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, earthquake doesn't do enough coming from Red Mages..lets boost other spells too so they can kill everything hidden around them 2 screens away....balance afterall.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, earthquake doesn't do enough coming from Red Mages..lets boost other spells too so they can kill everything hidden around them 2 screens away....balance afterall.
You any idea how long an EQ takes to cast?
How many times do you genuinely see lvl 7 and 8 circle spells cast in PvP?

By the time an EQ is cast, most weapon users, would have killed a mage 3 x over.

Turbo

Adventurer
I would like them to remove the casting restrictions from ninja forms and horrific beast etc. They might actually be useful then

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then we have to put hail storm and nether cyclone on the table?

I agree though, instead of nerfing wither those area spells need to be adjusted
Hail storm is still potent, but it is slow as crap and expensive to boot. Nether cyclone is poop, beaten to death with a nerf stick I assume sometime in the last 5 years?

Yep, both should be on the table for adjustments with the other spells...

*tips hat*

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like them to remove the casting restrictions from ninja forms and horrific beast etc. They might actually be useful then
Horrific beast maybe, ninja forms not so much. In pvp animal form has proven to be a nightmare in the past, because without restriction there is no counter to it. (a majority of pvpers were using ninja on their factioners before it was capped due to forms being overpowered)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see how this would affect pvp. Damage is capped for these spells, and I would assume the devs. would keep these caps in place if they ever decided to make changes.

I cannot deny that it would be fun though to toss a 100 dmg meteor swarm at some poor unsuspecting ninja stealther...

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran

I would suggest Fire Field does more damage, maybe a ignite that does bleed overtime for 5 seconds