• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear DEVS,Just a Idea, Inscription suit and a Npc to exchange fire red seeds for black or white seeds

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get a suit just for Inscription,soo It would take advantage of lower mana cost.
Suit gives you combined as follows:
11 man regen
250 mana
50 % lower mana cost
1% percent In all resists so It would not be abused.
Get pieces to the suit from turn In clean up points or from pirate turn In cargo.

Can we get a Npc to exchange rare seeds,like for Instance five fire red seeds for one random black seed,or five fire red seeds for one white random seed.

If anybody likes these Ideas,can you push It to the DEVs,please.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can we get a suit just for Inscription,soo It would take advantage of lower mana cost.
11 man regen
250 mana
50 % lower mana cost
Get pieces to the suit from turn In clean up points or from pirate turn In cargo.

Can we get a Npc to exchange rare seeds,like for Instance five fire red seeds for one random black seed,or five fire red seeds for one white random seed.

Post on official forum!

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
11 man regen
250 mana
50 % lower mana cost

You can build those suits kinda cheap from VS with a lot more MR on them.
Make char an elf with 70 int and you can end up with a Int 150 Mana 250 MR 46/30 LMC 88/40 LRC 145/100

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Iscription doesnt use LMC, but there is a quest that gives a book that does. IIRC, @Petra Fyde loves and promotes that book

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a bard, cast EVs and discord mastery. It's not easy - but if a granny in her 69th year can do it ...

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards

That is so annoying when you want a specific color and keep getting flame seeds 3 4 5 times in a row ...

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know something that quest Is worthless,that book has only 500 charges,that's friggen worthless. I could go through that In a few hours or a few days. Need something permanent,to make It worth while doing that quest.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It comes from this quest: Journey to the Athenaeum Isle – Ultima Online but it's not easy. Not for the faint hearted.
Is this a "once per character" quest, or can it be done over and over on the same character to obtain multiple books? (Like others, 500 charges wouldn't last me very long when grinding out inscription items.)

You know something that quest Is worthless,that book has only 500 charges,that's friggen worthless. I could go through that In a few hours or a few days. Need something permanent,to make It worth while doing that quest.
Like someone else mentioned, you'll need to post on the official Forums at UO.Com to get the Devs' attention. I don't believe Stratics is affiliated with UO, so the devs don't monitor the message boards here.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
11 man regen
Better increase that. From loot you can get pieces with mana regen 4. Six pieces of mana regen 4 would give you 24.
Shield can increase more; and so can a weapon.

EDIT:
According to my mannequin,, there are practical limits to enhancement from suit:
Mana Increase 25
Mana Regeneration 30
Lower Mana Cost 40

To get more mana regen, I think you need skills or something:
high Meditation and Focus skills
high intelligence
high necromancy and spirit speak; and Lich Form with Dark Wisp Familiar
or something like that. Been a while since I cared about doing a big inscription session.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this a "once per character" quest, or can it be done over and over on the same character to obtain multiple books? (Like others, 500 charges wouldn't last me very long when grinding out inscription items.)

Like someone else mentioned, you'll need to post on the official Forums at UO.Com to get the Devs' attention. I don't believe Stratics is affiliated with UO, so the devs don't monitor the message boards here.
It's repeatable.

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better increase that. From loot you can get pieces with mana regen 4. Six pieces of mana regen 4 would give you 24.
Shield can increase more; and so can a weapon.

EDIT:
According to my mannequin,, there are practical limits to enhancement from suit:
Mana Increase 25
Mana Regeneration 30
Lower Mana Cost 40

To get more mana regen, I think you need skills or something:
high Meditation and Focus skills
high intelligence
high necromancy and spirit speak; and Lich Form with Dark Wisp Familiar
or something like that. Been a while since I cared about doing a big inscription session.
You don't get lower mana cost when using Inscription,that's my argument

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used a bard, cast EVs and discord mastery. It's not easy - but if a granny in her 69th year can do it ...
I recall using my Bard as well... and I'm not far behind you in those years... so yeah... and blonde... I just do not recall the reward having that inscription bonus...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure it was widely known at first, but yes. Given my scribe's suit and necro skills, without the book I can make 7 gates before I run out of mana, with it I can make 15.

I was blonde, and subject to 'blonde moments', now I'm older and subject to 'senior moments'. Same effect, just a different name. Still blonde, only now it's arctic blonde :p

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just want to confirm that once we get the quest (or maybe even before we get the quest?) we would just go down to the teleporter site and just kill a bunch of Minions of Scelestus ? The grinding part would be all the monsters you will probably need to kill to collect the set of documents?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You don't get lower mana cost when using Inscription,that's my argument
My scribe has LRC uncapped at 108; LMC at 56. He has GM Meditation and 97 Focus. 125 INT with Int mods and Mana mods for 191 Mana. When I'm low I allow Focus to recharge AND actively Meditate. Refills really fast.

You might want to try the Med/Focus pair for scribing sessions. Stone off Focus for other stuff that may not require it.

Reactions: dvv

gwen

Slightly Crazed
My scribe has LRC uncapped at 108; LMC at 56. He has GM Meditation and 97 Focus. 125 INT with Int mods and Mana mods for 191 Mana. When I'm low I allow Focus to recharge AND actively Meditate. Refills really fast.

You might want to try the Med/Focus pair for scribing sessions. Stone off Focus for other stuff that may not require it.
You need medable suit for your MED skill to work (where LMC capped at 40) and for INT mana regents to be effective. LMC is not working with inscription.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a guess but I don't think inscription checks suit stats because if it did then people could technically be able to scribe without reagents if they wore a 100% LRC suit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are any requests for basic quality of life things dissected and shot down on both forums
I did not shoot any down, But I hope to get fire seeds when doing the quest. The black and white you can get from Gardening. But I would not call that request QoL.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did not shoot any down, But I hope to get fire seeds when doing the quest. The black and white you can get from Gardening. But I would not call that request QoL.
I was talking more about the inscription it feels like when lrc/lmc came out those skills were forgotten when they should have been included either a printing press of scroll creation or a talisman that applies your suit stats would work and for goodness sake every vendor should sell 999 of every item

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was talking more about the inscription it feels like when lrc/lmc came out those skills were forgotten when they should have been included either a printing press of scroll creation or a talisman that applies your suit stats would work and for goodness sake every vendor should sell 999 of every item
Yup I did not comment on that. I buy recall and gate scrolls and sounds like it sux to make them.

The devs may some day revamp all the named suits they made that no one uses because they were made so long ago. One of those that allows Inscription bonus would be better than what they do now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Devs, I'd buy that $20 Journeyman suit if it came with Self Repair 5.
That is their newest suit. It is not that great. If that is what they think is good then there is no hope for a suit revamp. I did notice mine was worn down to the 190s and I do not recall wearing it for long. The guy it goes with has Gold Plate armor that has better stats. No piece is Legendary.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Why are any requests for basic quality of life things dissected and shot down on both forums
What do you mean by quality of life? Ability to craft twice faster?

My fisherman (thanks to your scroll he is one) also is a scribe. She has ship with scrolls and regs. Fishing and crafting. Same for other scribes. Made some scrolls - fill one blacksmith /BOD, repeat.
Wile there are ways in game to get infinite mana, people are being ignorant of game mechanics, and want to win UO with just one skill and banksitting.
Don't forget : scribes don't need to collect reagents or make acrolls of wooden pulp. So need to spend mana is a price for this.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I recently made a fortune on one shard because one of tailors had cut cloth 360GP per. Yes, cut one, not bolts of it.
500 of every item and instant refill comes with price increase after each 1000 is sold. If you are agree to buy reagents 10-30 or more GP per, go on, yell in genchat . Somebody sure will help you :)
Now you just need to mark runes and buy with fixed price . According to reagent vendors quantity you can jump all over till first one refills. Totally enough to make scrolls non-stop.

So you are asking for quality of life decrease.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't forget : scribes don't need to collect reagents
They don't need to walk around collecting reagents as resources (can buy them up from a vendor to 999 and repeat) but scribes do need reagents when making spell scrolls (regardless of LRC). If you don't have the proper reagents you will receive a message on the crafting gump that you don't have the resources to make that.

That said you can also do that with most other resources too outside of the special ones like colored ore / boards / leather.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If someone wants to try to make a living in UO buying and selling from npc i say let them and make it as easy as possible....

gwen

Slightly Crazed
They don't need to walk around collecting reagents as resources (can buy them up from a vendor to 999 and repeat) but scribes do need reagents when making spell scrolls (regardless of LRC). If you don't have the proper reagents you will receive a message on the crafting gump that you don't have the resources to make that.

That said you can also do that with most other resources too outside of the special ones like colored ore / boards / leather.
yes. scribes don't need to kill mobs for reagents or do any other activities. For all reagents. Other professions have only basic resources on NPC vendors. NPC vendor price will increase if you buy from him. Hop magic shops and even with tier 1 (20 per reagent) you will have more reagents than you are able to craft.

@Anon McDougle I have no other ways to make 10-40 mil with fresh start on a shard. It is easy to have gold for gear and some scrolls /primers. Especially on expensive low-population shards.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It never made sense to me that inscription cannot take advantage of 100% LRC but Chivalry does even though Chivalry doesn't use reagents.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I kind of get it for reagents because for other crafting skills there isn't any sort of resource reduction type thing. That said, I do think that the LMC should come into play since you are using mana and it's "lower mana cost". I'm sure this is probably unlikely to change now, but I really never understood why creating spell scrolls required the mana in the first place (since you need to create them 1 by 1 anyway it's not like you could create a 1k stack instantly). The other crafting skills like Blacksmithing don't require a player to have 95 str to craft a plate tunic.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yes. scribes don't need to kill mobs for reagents or do any other activities. For all reagents. Other professions have only basic resources on NPC vendors. NPC vendor price will increase if you buy from him. Hop magic shops and even with tier 1 (20 per reagent) you will have more reagents than you are able to craft.

@Anon McDougle I have no other ways to make 10-40 mil with fresh start on a shard. It is easy to have gold for gear and some scrolls /primers. Especially on expensive low-population shards.
I've had a store of green thorns and when I am REALLY needing regs, I plant a few and can get a decent amount of magery items. Also, I vacuum up anything around Moonglow since the spawn there is pretty good.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Scribes have SW, and some Necro/SS. When making scrolls, i get a Lvl 6 Arcane Focus, then go to the Underworld Acid Slug Pit. I'll sit there on the ledge in Wraith Form crafting scrolls, and whenever my Mana starts to run low, i'll cast Thunderstorm, and regain most of my Mana pool. I basically have infinite Mana for scribing scrolls this way. I'll have a Giant Beetle loaded with Blank Scrolls and Regs with me.

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sub topic has taken off since I last posted. Sounds like to me ,PlayerSkillFTW,you are wasting a lot of time just trying to Inscribe scrolls,while they are going to cater to miners and lumberjacks In the future publish. Inscription used to pay off very long ago,but not anymore since UO caters to just miners and lumberjacks. They can get the lower mana cost Into Inscription Into a suit,just for Inscription just like fishing,no need to do all that garbage you are doing. Some of us have so many hours to play every week. 11 man regen,250mana,50lmc and 1% In each for resistance so It would not be over powered for pvp or pvm. That book quest with charges Is worthless....................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And getting 8 red fire seeds,2 white,and 2 black seeds Is not right,while the fire red Is supposedly rare In several hours,I got hundreds of fire reds seeds,Its not rare. something needs to change!!!

Last edited:

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The black and white you can get from gardening? Can someone please explain more In detail about this. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Because I thought that the seed quest was the only way..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This sub topic has taken off since I last posted. Sounds like to me ,PlayerSkillFTW,you are wasting a lot of time just trying to Inscribe scrolls,while they are going to cater to miners and lumberjacks In the future publish. Inscription used to pay off very long ago,but not anymore since UO caters to just miners and lumberjacks. They can get the lower mana cost Into Inscription Into a suit,just for Inscription just like fishing,no need to do all that garbage you are doing. Some of us have so many hours to play every week. 11 man regen,250mana,50lmc and 1% In each for resistance so It would not be over powered for pvp or pvm. That book quest with charges Is worthless....................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of my Scribes has 150 INT/220+ Mana/120 Med/120 Focus/30 MR, and he still eventually runs out of Mana when not using the Wraith Form+AoE method in the Acid Slug Pit. Doesn't matter if LMC applies to Inscription, you'll still eventually run out of Mana. When scribing scrolls in bulk, you're ultimately limited by how fast you can regain Mana. My Wraith Form+AoE in Acid Slug Pit method basically gives you unlimited Mana, you never need to stop inscribing to med back up.
I'll bulk craft Wraith Form scrolls for my Human Death Ray Tamer/Mage © to get into Wraith Form. Or bulk craft Recalls/Gates when making Runic Atlas. The Wraith Form method is invaluable for never needing to wait for Mana to regen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The black and white you can get from gardening? Can someone please explain more In detail about this. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Because I thought that the seed quest was the only way..
Yes when you cross pollinate plants you get a chance for the plant to produce black or white seeds that produce infertile plants.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed. I'm not even sure if I'd bother if it had 5000 charges. While those would certainly last me a long time for how often I play these days, I'd just as soon wait on mana..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did you do that? Asking for a friend who isn't me. I've run the naturalist quest, but it takes long enough so that I'm not getting hundreds in several hours!
He could have numerous EJ accounts set on Auto-Follow mode as they go on the quest (legit). It'd be tedious though alt-tabbing between them all to double click the holes, and set them back to auto follow on the main char. I've done it before with 3-4 paid accounts. If he's actually multi-boxing though (which is illegal), it'd be stupid easy acquiring a bunch of seeds through that quest.

Now that i mentioned using Wraith Leech+AoE in the Acid Slug Pit for infinite Mana when inscribing, watch them nerf it by making the Acid Slugs have 0 Max Mana :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He could have numerous EJ accounts set on Auto-Follow mode as they go on the quest (legit). It'd be tedious though alt-tabbing between them all to double click the holes, and set them back to auto follow on the main char. I've done it before with 3-4 paid accounts. If he's actually multi-boxing though (which is illegal), it'd be stupid easy acquiring a bunch of seeds through that quest.

Now that i mentioned using Wraith Leech+AoE in the Acid Slug Pit for infinite Mana when inscribing, watch them nerf it by making the Acid Slugs have 0 Max Mana :rolleyes:
Look at it this way ... if they did that, everyone would know who to blame! Easy, peasy.