• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dead slow and often stopping first patch to a fresh classic client installation

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My tower died a month or so back and the old laptop stopped charging early last week so I bought a Tablet to shop for computers with and bought an i5 laptop a couple days back, UO wouldn't do first patch successfully on the Tablet and this i5 is currently on try three to do first patch and is crawling at 100 to 200kbs download speed. Any suggestions on what to try to get a successful first patch? Hopefully before the end of summer.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently someone whacked the patch server on the side and got it moving. Classic and EC finally patched at 12 Meg like the other downloads to my new laptop. Have to try Classic on the tablet again and see if it has enough oomph to run CC enough to craft with has my backup.