• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] DC Runic Hammer with 71 uses.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking for a ballpark figure as well as an idea of how often the pre-patch runics are seen for sale.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to break it to you but are you sure it's a runic?

It's a long running scam of selling (ore type) smith hammers and trying to pass them off for runic by whittling down there uses to the right amount.

Thought I'd say something before you actually tried to sell it and someone pointed it out to you. Otherwise I've never heard of any runics ever having more than there allotted use amount.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like a runic to me. I've had it a long time.
I'm hope I'm correct about that and I haven't been saving something absolutely worthless..

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could wait till right before server down, after the server has saved, and make a dagger. See if it gets another property.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its a runic hammer. Only a runic hammer says "runic" in the name. Seems like it would be worth a bit in my opinion.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does it have LR on it, which is a mod one would get from using dull copper ingots? I suspect that this is a renamed hammer.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Looks legit to me.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does it have LR on it, which is a mod one would get from using dull copper ingots? I suspect that this is a renamed hammer.
Hi,

some years ago mods from ingot types were added on runic hammers.
I have for instance a valorite runic hammer that have damage conversion like you get when you make weapon with valorite ingots.

I would say that it is a runic hammer with more charges than normal.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its definitely a weird little hammer. Heh.

I can say with certainty that I've had it a very long time. I am pretty sure I remember DC runics used to have more than 50 charges and this one as I recall, survived that era.

Has anyone seen any other colors of hammers like this?

What would be the estimate value on this?

I've had it locked down, put in a chest, etc without anything changing on it.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Burn a charge and lets see what happens. I think that is the only way one could define if its renamed or just a nifty item.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How could this possibly be renamed? *boggles* Even the weapon engraving tool (and I've had this way before the engraving tool even existed) would be obvious PLUS the "real" charges would be showing as well.

I'm not willing to burn a charge to test this and take a chance on it being changed. This thing survived the changes a long time ago to make DC have less charges than they once had... and I'm not messing with it.

I'd like to know is if anyone else has seen other runic hammers like this. I can't remember if DC was the only one who had their charges lowered. Also an estimate on value would be nice.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup a long time ago the runic hammers had properties on them, I just looked at my very old val runic hammer. The newer ones dont display those properties at all, like percentages of resists etc. During the early days of smithing and turning in the bods the game for the lack of better word had some glitches and I know for a fact the ancient hammers had at times extra charges on them. Thier suppose to have 600 charges and I have one with 840 on it. So yes its possible to have extra charges, but some research would have to done to see if one could be made and labeled to look just like an ancient hammer using dull copper ignots and a weapons engraving tool.
With the ancients this is no doubt to its authenticity due to its unique color.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres no possible way to rename a hammer to make it look like a runic. The engraving tool puts the engraving in quotes under the real name and in orange. Only way for it to be renamed would be a GM doing it.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Assia,

no need to check your hammer just sell it to me.
:thumbsup:

BTW,
when runic hammers first were released they all came with only 15 charges.When AOS was about to be released they decided to have different charges on runics because of the new system with properties and so on.We saved our runics with 1 charge left and after release we got new charges on our precious hammers...
:D

Regards
The Scandinavian