• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Days, Time and Towns for Sugar Plum Fairies on Catskills ?

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no set schedule, but there will be at least one appearance every night in a town(s) all this week.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no set schedule, but there will be at least one appearance every night in a town(s) all this week.

Well, since these are days of Holiday preparation for many families, a lot of players simply do not have hours upon hours at their hand to wait in game wherever the Fairies will "eventually" show up.

A lot of players only have at their hands a very short time to log in if at all, these days.

It would be therefore very welcome if the Event Moderators could give more precise informations as to when the fairies will show up and where.

So, lots of players will organize their very limited play time to happen at those scheduled times and locations.

When a player has only 30 minutes if at all to log in for the day, because how busy families may be, it would help a LOT to know WHEN to spend those 30 minutes so as to make sure to find the Fairies.......

Thank you very much.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Townsend the Event Announcer on Luna when asked news says :

The Sugarplum Fairy. In all major towns 20th-25th: 8-9 am. 12-1pm. 5-6pm. & 8-9PM Eastern

Well, thank you for just wasting 1 hour of my time at a time of the year I am damn busy with all that I have to do.......

I spent an entire hour in the game from 5-6pm eastern waiting for the Fairy and none showed up. I could have spent that hour doing stuff I need to do rather than wasting it away all for nothing waiting for a Fairy that did not show up.

This is not funny.

Is it too much to ask to PLEASE give to players a PRECISE schedule with exact times and locations where players can find the Fairy so as not to waste precious time ???

I am planning to try again at 8-9am eastern on the 23rd. Can you PLEASE let us know whether there will be a Fairy showing up on the 23rd at 8-9am eastern ??

I do NOT have time to waste away so I need to know for SURE whether the Fairy will be showing up as I need to arrange my schedule to be on Catskills on that time frame and I would not want to waste my time AGAIN all for nothing.

Thanks a lot.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just have NO WORDS.

I mean, I went out of my way, and made an effort to meet also the 8-9pm eastern window and have been waiting also another entire hour up to like 9pm eastern and also no Fairy ??

I mean, what gives ??????????

Can we PLEASE get precise and reliable times ? There is players with limited time who do an effort to be in game at the announced set time, and wasting that time all for nothing is NOT funny.

This is really annoying.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this really what its come to? A little surprise fun is no longer warranted. Behold the age of the Item Moderators.

Barnaby, Adris, you two are nuts. Gives me schedules for when I can pick up my pixels, now!

I'm with you, Popps! I refuse to miss out!

:yell:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm EM's have lives and things gone wrong!! Maybe?!? Just maybe something happened?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bah. We pay $13 a month, that means they work for us.

They should :bowdown: to us. Gives me my items!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand that problems can happen but in that case, why not just leave a clickable Santa somewhere so that players, at their best conveniency, can get easily their christmas gift ?

I mean, if the EMs can ensure their participation at the scheduled times fine, but if this participation is not guaranteed because problems can happen, why is it that players have to suffer the consequences of wasting their time waiting for a Fairy which does not show up at the indicated time frames ??

If the Event Moderators participation is uncertain, which is perfectly understandable, then for a better players' conveniency and to avoid players to waste their time waiting for nothing, the Santa could be just placed somewhere so that players, when they can, can go there and get their Christmas folded Dragon.

What annoys me, is the fact that as it is now, it falls on players shoulders to waste their time waiting for a Fairy that does not come at the indicated time if there is unexpected problems. Wherever players have plenty of time at their disposal this might not be a problem but in those cases where players have limited time and need to go out of their way to make sure to log in the game to meet the Fairy at the indicated time, this can be very annoying and disappointing.

That's at least as I think about it.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The fairy has been spotted at Luna today, Keep an eye out it will be making several stops all during the day.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fairy has been spotted at Luna today, Keep an eye out it will be making several stops all during the day.

I appreciate your efforts, but this is not working, at least for me or perhaps players as busy as I am.......

I have made another exceptional effort to be online for the 8 to 9 pm eastern window today (show up time announced by the Event Announcer in Luna....) but it is now 9:00pm eastern and still no sign of the Fairy. Yet another wasted hour waiting all for nothing.

It costs me to stay logged for so much time all for nothing, I have tons of things I have to take care of these days and simply cannot afford to stay logged like that, waiting and waiting "just in case" the Fairy shows up........

Is it possible, PLEASE, to just know a time SET IN STONE so that I can make yet another exceptional effort to find this x^%$C Fairy and get my Dragons from the clicky Santa ?

I mean, is it "that" hard to give a sure time to players who can't afford to spend hours upon hours waiting endlessly online ?

Trust me, if I could afford the time to wait all day long I would, I just do NOT have this luxury, My time is counted and very much so. I just cannot stay logged online waiting and waiting for whenever the Fairy shows up.

Please let us know if we can get precise times and location for when the Fairy will show up.

Otherwise, please just lock down the clickable Santa somewhere and let players get their Dragons at their best convenience without any trouble for the EMs. This would be the most convenient solution for all, IMHO.

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is it possible, PLEASE, to just know a time SET IN STONE so that I can make yet another exceptional effort to find this x^%$C Fairy and get my Dragons from the clicky Santa ?

Otherwise, please just lock down the clickable Santa somewhere and let players get their Dragons at their best convenience without any trouble for the EMs. This would be the most convenient solution for all, IMHO.

The way this give out works, both those things aren't possible.