• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Day in a life of an appliance delivery guy

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First let me just say that I am a pretty fortunate person. I do a job that I truly enjoy doing. I deliver appliances. For those wondering, yes I am a little off. After 20 years of doing this job there are few things that tend to surprise me. Today I was surprised.

Long story short, My first customer (of 15 deliveries) was receiving a refrigerator. Unfortunately he wasn't quite ready and still needed to take a cabinet or two down and empty his old appliance. I informed him that we really couldn't wait until he did all that (fun fact Refrigeration units are timed at 21 minutes for scheduling purposes.). I offered to reschedule him for the next day for when he was ready.
As I left to leave this grown man ran to the back of my truck demanding we wait. He then proceeded to stand in front of my truck while placing the bike in front of my truck on the ground.

I try to look at things and incidents from both perspectives. I can not see how this person could possibly believe that his actions were that of a sane person. Am I missing something?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
lol.. nuts all over the place...

I have ran across customers who want me to play the wait game with them in my business as well. As soon as I tell them I will be glad to sit and wait but they have to pay my (and my workers) hourly rate while we twiddle our thumbs they quickly change their mind.