• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dark wolves got nerfed?

S

Sarphus

I just pulled out my dark wolves, which all had 200+ hp... now they all have 60's hp, but still have all 0's for resist.

It looks like they got stealth nerfed, which wouldn't annoy me if they didn't make the wolves completely irrelevant. They are worse than dire wolves and were much harder to get...

what a shame.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones I tamed did that. It really irritated me. I was going to make me a nice pack of death.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my experience they were like that from day one. I tamed a couple then pulled them out a couple hours later to show someone, they had already dropped their hp's and resists. I promptly pulled the others I had tamed out and realized they were not worth the stable slots I was using for them.

S

Sarphus

Mine kept their 200+ hp for a while after I tamed them. I think the devs nerfed them well after I tamed my pack. The sad thing is that dark wolves with their 0 resists and sub 125 str weren't overpowered or even particularly abuseable.

After the nerf they aren't even useable.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first one I tamed on day one of them kept it's HP through that day. I didn't even look at the others, except the last one, after taming and taking to stable. The last one I lored right before putting in stable and it had been hit with the nerf stick.

*sigh*

I was actually much more excited about the wolves than I was about the Dread Warhorses or the Greater Dragons. Such great disappointment

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend and I pulled out our old hellhound packleaders and noticed they have no resists as well. I'm fairly certain this was not always the case and am wondering if the issue is true for all "canine" creatures...

S

Sarphus

A friend and I pulled out our old hellhound packleaders and noticed they have no resists as well. I'm fairly certain this was not always the case and am wondering if the issue is true for all "canine" creatures...
I sure hope not. I'll have to check my pack of hell hounds when I get home from work. If they nerfed packs like that, they made a really bad mistake in judgement. Packs are already really easy to kill. The only people who get killed by packs in pvp are the people that don't know how to deal with them.

D

Deb

I think they can be trained up to 125 at least. Mine is at 65, gonna
train him more and see. I agree though with no resists they are definitely
weak. Maybe we can make a suggestion to have resists added or HP
increased.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem there is you can only train Strength up to 125 and pets only get a HP when they gain in Str.

My poor little Dark Wolf only has 58 hits and 106 str. That means I can get a whopping 77 max HP on it. And one of my little hellcats with 138 HP will still eat it as a light snack.

S

Sarphus

Problem there is you can only train Strength up to 125 and pets only get a HP when they gain in Str.

My poor little Dark Wolf only has 58 hits and 106 str. That means I can get a whopping 77 max HP on it. And one of my little hellcats with 138 HP will still eat it as a light snack.
The 0's in all resists are what kills it. The only thing that justified the 0's in all resists was the 200+ possible hp. Losing the HP makes the pet completely irrelevant, because it's then worse than a dire wolf and dire wolves aren't as good as hell hounds or frenzies.