• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dark Wisp Paragon Chests

H

huskiblu

Over the past week or so, I have found roughly 10 Dark Wisp Paragon chests laying around, still locked. Are these coming from the event? Are they worth holding on to and opening? What level are they so I can unlock them? GM Magery can't do it.

I haven't hunted in the event, the first night it slaughtered me bad.

G

Need a picker, I think they give level 4 maps. Nothing special unless you want the chest or the map.

G

They are most likely coming from the event.

The items inside the paragon chests are generally "meh", but the chests are nice decorative containers if you want to use them as storage in your house.

You can also get them from the dark wisps at the camp spawn in Ilshenar, but the frequency that you're finding them lends more towards the event than Ilsh.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Sure ... I believe you need find a GM lockpicker though ... and supply them with a pile of picks and likely a possible rez ....

G

Nah... Telekinesis from a few tiles away mitigates that whole issue (we won't go into the issue of a 3rd level spell eliminating the use of up to 200 skill points though)

A

AshOfCaine

Not much to them, need a GM lockpicker to open and contain a lvl 5 (Deviously Drawn) map and between 900 and 1100 gold, few gems and some typically crappy items.

G

You guys forgot "And they're worth exactly the same amount of gold as other paragon chests because there have been Dark Wisps in Ilsh since they were introduced with the Book of Truth stuff".

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now today i got a dark wisp Blackrock infected chest.. this is much more rare allthough the loot is the same some folks crave the boxes the infected give...

G

The ones I been getting are level 5.... They are exactly like a paragon chest.... and also like the ones we got with the books of truth

G

What part of Ilsh? Is this just on a certain shard? I've hunted in Ilsh quite a bit, and i don't remember seeing Dark Wisps in Ilsh. I've seen Wisps and Shadow Wisps in Ilsh though.

G

On the second level of wisp dungeon (west of the Honesty Moongate) there are dark wisps (or at least were the last time I checked). It appears that for purposes of generating chests, dark wisps are all considered paragons.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Two ways to it, actually (both via Honesty).

A lot of even veteran players don't seem to know that the "Wisp" Dungeon and the "Cyclops" Dungeon are actually opposite ends of the same dungeon system.

A. Wisp Side.
Go in, go through the peaceful wisp dungeon, then downstairs. The C-shaped corridor will take you to the middle level, with evil mages, evil mage lords, undead and dark wisps. There is usually 1-2 dark wisps as you enter this direction. The Northern corner of the dungeon has the stairs up to next level (see B.)

B. Cyclops Side.
Go through the cavern with Cyclops, Titans & Ettins, between Honesty and the Juka, and enter the dungeon at the far end of the cave. Run through this dungeon, down the corridor (ignoring the additional repond spawn and the undead). When the corridor ends in a "T", go right (left takes you to the room with the Balron). At the end of this hall is the staircase down. Go through this C-Shaped corridor to the steps down. This will put you at the point (stairs up) at the end of A. above.

Next to the stairs, is a room that spawns several mage lords and dark wisps. Despite always being paragons (in terms of dropping chests), they STILL can spawn as paragons over and above their normal state, and are a royal PITA to kill as Paragons. However, that is the best room to farm them, though farming them is a lot less productive now, than before the Bag of Sending nerf.

Note that it is best for negative-Karma types to go through via the Cyclops side, as the Wisps on the other end will Aggro on them. Also, one can use the two connector "C" corridors (which effectively act like dungeon entrances and the monsters can't cross) as aid stations and places to go if you have to rez others or self-rez.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even a GM lockpicker might break a few lockpicks on em and they are hardly worth how heavy they are but everyone loves treasure. Personally, i am using them to replace all the shipwrecked chests i have in my house and of course the luna white ones are always nice.

G

i have a gm lockpicker and it took quite a few goes before i got them unlocked and they wernt very exciting at all. im just keeping the black and white ones that i get *fits my decor...Oh if only there were purple ore :p*

C

Connor_Graham

A lot of even veteran players don't seem to know that the "Wisp" Dungeon and the "Cyclops" Dungeon are actually opposite ends of the same dungeon system.

I actually knew this.

*gives himself a cookie*