• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Dark Sapphire Bracelet

• Thread starter Sharantyr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sharantyr

Hi.

Just wondering if this is a common result for a Dark Sapphire Bracelet?

Cold resist 15%
Energy resist 6%

For sure not what I expected after a couple of weeks of mining the gems. To me its a piece of junk.

Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah, it's fairly typical.

over 90% of the stuff you'll make with the jewelry recipes will be junk. half the remainder will give you the desired property, but nothing really worth going with it (I have an ecru citrine ring with ONLY the EP on it, for example)

S

Sharantyr

Over this last month have mined the gems and made another bracelet each time I've had enough gems.

Bracelet 2
STR 6
Faster casting 1
Cold res 10%
Energy res 7%

Bracelet 3
Cold res 14%

Bracelet 4
Luck 45%
Faster casting 1
Faster cast recovery 1
Cold res 10%

1 time failed and lost 2 gems. So 42 gems on junk. Only want the mana regen 2 for my scribe. This must be one of the worst games for crafting with all this Charsi imbue randomness. I hope when they do what they're doing to crafting they make it so we get what we tried to make. There's enough materials in the game to make good combinations of needed components even if they added a cooldown so you cant bang out a bucket full. Grrr. Back to mining I suppose.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

sell the gems you mine!

and after you sold all you migth be able to buy the orni.:scholar:

S

Sharantyr

Oh and while I'm Here. What happens if I try to smelt 60,000 large ore? Usually with a pile that makes a stack of ingots that's too heavy they just land by my feet. Will I get 2 stacks if I do them all at once or will something bad happen? server meltdown or something?

P

paralyzed

if i remember right, if you try and smelt 60000 ore it will only give you 60000 ingots, i split my piles into groups of 30k or less, if i manage to get THAT much ore, try it out with 30001 see what happens, then youll only lose 2 ingots or so,
anyway, it takes no effort to smelt it twice, so better safe than sorry to just make two 30k piles.

5% Luck

Ive made some realy noce jewlery with my tinker. When I played legends I was buying like the whole shards gem productions. If your mining up your own its realy not worth it but if ya have 100s of millions in gold to spend you can and will end out with some of the most unique items in the game. Really you will need 10k of each gem or 4x that many. But its one of my favorite things in UO.

F

Flora Green

sell the gems you mine!

and after you sold all you migth be able to buy the orni.:scholar:
Do the price of gems vary much from shard to shard like other items do? Total newb question I know, but haven't done any crafting from ML and I'm a very lazy miner. However, I'm now in the mood to GM her and I know I'll be getting some stones.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

sure, the prices are different on each shard, but if the orni costs more as 9-13 millions, which it costs on europa, the gems have a higher value too.

Ecru Citrines selling well, just move around vendoralls and check out the prices.

F

Flora Green

I've been doing some comparison shopping on Origin, but it's so darn small most of the shops are in Luna. Which I hate because as we all know everything is overpriced there for the most part. I'll do some checks on Ecru Citrines and take it from there. Thx.