• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

dangg

A

andy1796

I have 30 species of fish.. I have a bamboo rod and I haven't caught any common fish.. i haven't caught a single moon fish. In that guide it said they were common.. I know the steel rod is coming in cattelog 12 but im only on 7.. and I need more laff! I need help..

S

Steveo

If you need more laugh then I would concentrate on doing your task instead of fishing right now. I would fish a little everyday or when I am on and that way i dont get frustrated at fishing. I am stuck on 68 out of 70 fish with my big toon.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

When I have little toons, and jellies are hard to come by, I always get them by fishing. I hardly ever rode the trolley. I agree with Steve and would say work on laff tasks. Print a list of where fish are and what pole you can catch them with, cross off the ones you have caught, and when you are low on jellies, be slective in where you fish for them. I am not even close to catching all my fish on Sally (I have 56 I think) but almost all of them were caught when I was fairly little and just by getting beans. I caught 2 or 3 by fishing to catch them, but the rest were caught by default!! Unless of course you just really like fishing or are determined to catch them!! You get laff that way too!!

G

Granjell

I usually catch a bucket or two in the playground when I need a small toon-up between battles. You'll catch common ones easily enough if you fish often enough. I'm stuck at 65, with only ultra rares to go. I made the mistake of buying each rod as soon as it came out, so I know I just have to keep at it. Fishing is no quick laff boost after the first 30 fish!

B

Bumbledogswirls

I personally believe that the first 50 fish are easy, but only if you have the golden rod. So many fish are only accessable with it that it's almost pointless to go w/out it. I'm at 62/70, so i sort of know wat i'm talking about! :scholar:

S

soupandquackers

Actually, the only fish you need the gold rod for is the bulldog fish.

A

andy1796

Well, I just got a Rock Star fish, A Strawberry Jam Sandwich , a Moon Fish, and A New Moon Fish. So that makes 34 out of 70. OH I was in DDL so that explains it

B

Bumbledogswirls

Well, I just got a Rock Star fish, A Strawberry Jam Sandwich , a Moon Fish, and A New Moon Fish. So that makes 34 out of 70. OH I was in DDL so that explains it
That would certainly help dude

H

Holocog

It all depends. If you have the jbs to spare than sure upgrade your rod! I bought the steel rod before i should have and It helped ALOT. But if you dont want to spend 4-5 jbs and get 2-3 jb fish and you cant get your jbs back easily then you should probably wait.:sad4:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure you'll catch a lot of new species with an upgrade, but you've just made it harder for you to catch the smaller rare fish. I vote wait.