• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] damages

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Was wondering does spell weaving require eval to increase damage?
if not it seems like the damage dealing spells suck are they alot better with more arcane focus ? never been able to find out as I can never find anyone to do focus with!
I have a tamer/weaver/peacemage and mainly the ethereal voyage is OK attunement is great and gift of life is awesome other than that I have no use for the rest except maybe word of death but am unable to cast it yet as I am at 75 skill atm
any suggestions?
should I just change out weav and maybe take eval or disco I even have LP stoned (i use this when out training pets so I can open chests and make extra loot and is fun)?

oh and is there damage tables or formula for arcane spell damage somewhere ?

V

Valentina

From what people tell me, the damage dealing spells DO suck, except for Nature's Fury. My impression is that spell weaving isn't meant ot be a high DPS skill. Its more meant to be creeative and have intereitng and potentially powerful seconary effects. Unforutnately a lot of those AoEs dont seem to give anywhere near enough power in EITHER their damage or their debuffs to make it worth their high mana cost. More oftne than not you'd have better spent and equivalent amount of mana on magery spells and just killed whatever you were shooting at. Its more the non-direct-damage spells in the skill that seem interesting, and the people always seem to list when talking about what makes it good. I expect Word of Death would be the exception, but even that is hardly something you spam.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The damage is based off of SDI and level of focus in addittion to if you ate grapes of wraith, cast arcane empowerment, and are in reaper form. Eval, magery, necro, spellweaving level, or char's name has no effect on the amount of damage you will inflict.