[Archery] Damage Modifier on Quivers

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2008
Hello everyone,

I was going through quivers and was reminded of the "Damage Modifier" on quivers. Some information I found stats:

"after all of the damage calculations are made, after all of an opponent's resistances are calculated, the total amount of damage is increased by the percentage indicated on the quiver"

I understand DI is capped at 100% for pvp. But does the above seem to indicate that after the total damages after passed through the defenders resists there is an additional 10% DI?

Example: Attacker's total damage is 70, Defender resists 50 = 20pts of damage x 1.1 (from quiver damage modifier) = 22pts damage dealt to defender?

Basically allowing you to deal damage above the 100% DI cap?

or

The 10% is just added into the whole combat calculations and is used towards the 100% DI cap which means you could would only need 90% DI on suit with the quiver completing the 100%.

Hope this is worded well enough to be understood.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2009
Hello everyone,

I was going through quivers and was reminded of the "Damage Modifier" on quivers. Some information I found stats:

"after all of the damage calculations are made, after all of an opponent's resistances are calculated, the total amount of damage is increased by the percentage indicated on the quiver"

I understand DI is capped at 100% for pvp. But does the above seem to indicate that after the total damages after passed through the defenders resists there is an additional 10% DI?

Example: Attacker's total damage is 70, Defender resists 50 = 20pts of damage x 1.1 (from quiver damage modifier) = 22pts damage dealt to defender?

Basically allowing you to deal damage above the 100% DI cap?

or

The 10% is just added into the whole combat calculations and is used towards the 100% DI cap which means you could would only need 90% DI on suit with the quiver completing the 100%.

Hope this is worded well enough to be understood.
Actually you did answer your question yourself. DI property is already used in the damage calculation formula together with weapon base damage, tactics and anatomy .
The resulting damage is increased by 10% , damage increase item property is a completly different thing. Do not mix them up.