• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Damage cap

V

Verbal Fluke

How does the 300% and 100% damage cap work in PvP and PvM respectively?

What moves, equipment, stats and skills are included? I know Base Damage of the weapon is not included.

Thanks.

I

imported_GFY

The cap is based on the amount of damage increase you have. Damage increase for all your equipment (including weapon) is totaled. Then you add specials(bushido specials, chiv buffs, slayer bonuses, etc.) The amount of damage increase tops out at 300% in PVM and 100% in PVP.

V

Verbal Fluke

Okay, so with 90 tactics I would be well above the cap for pvp?

The tac/anatomy calculator on stractics only displays DI up to 100 tac/ana.

What about strength, is that excluded from then cap as well as base damage?

I

imported_IgotWood

actually yes i would like to know this answer too...cause i have a few char that are 120/120 tact/anat and all have 100 tact/anat so the DI would b nice to know so i dont' wear DI jewels since weapons most have 40-50

I

imported_GFY

I believe, haven't found it lately, the di from tactics, strength, & anatomy are seperate from the di you get from items. The DI you get from items is capped at 100% for pvp. You should still get bonuses from tactics, strength, & anatomy as well as your 100% item di in pvp.

I read this somewhere a while ago and it may have changed.

I

imported_IgotWood

thanks for the info...much apreciated, guess im stickin to stormgrips/items to get my 100 plus anat/tact/str

C

Connor_Graham

"I believe, haven't found it lately, the di from tactics, strength, & anatomy are seperate from the di you get from items"

This statement is correct.

G

Aye I was going to agree, Tactics Anatomy and Strentgh(oh lets not forget Lumberjacking, It gives an additonal 10% DI although Im not sure where in the equation its applied) are part of your base weapon damage modified by your skills, then add a 100% DI item or spell induced cap(i say spells cuzz most folks forget that DF adds 10 DI so if ya use DF constantly you need 90 DI on suit and weapon to be capped)