• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Daily Misadventure Reread - @UOThief

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here's a "new" thing I'm promoting and thought I'd post it here since a lot of the episodes took place on Napa Valley:

Follow me on Twitter @UOThief for what I'm calling the "Daily Misadventure Reread." In the Twitter feed I'm going to keep random spam down to a minimum and basically only going to be posting 2 things:

1. Notifications of New Episodes from other thieves.
  2. Daily Misadventure Reread

Daily Misadventure Reread

As of today, after nearly 5 years of existence, UO Thief is now host to 551 total episodes written by 68 different thieves from 8 different shards. So I figured I would make a post on Twitter on a daily basis, posting a link to one of those thievery episodes, highlighting it for everyone who follows to re-read. I then tweet some random fact, related to the episode.

(Over the past ~5 years, UO Thief has consistently gotten 250,000+ page views each year, including this past year where I haven't been playing at all. And even though I don't play, I'm still adding stories from other thieves as they're sent to me.)

So yeah, if you don't hate your mother, follow me on Twitter.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to post this on Napa, but didn't want to make a new thread. I recently (finally) finished up the episodes. Episodes 298 and 299 used to be broken links until now. I took the screenshots for them a year and a half ago and I knew what they were going to be about, but I never wrote them up until now:

UO Thief | Episode 298: Green Acres
UO Thief | Episode 299: Modern Technology 7

I also wrote up four "epilogue" episodes just now. Each of these took place 6 months ago (1 year after I quit):

UO Thief | Epilogue 301: "A Llama Saved My Life" (Part 1 of 2)
UO Thief | Epilogue 302: "A Llama Saved My Life" (Part 2 of 2)
UO Thief | Epilogue 303: The 2 Million Gold Challenge
UO Thief | Epilogue 304: Chardonnay vs. Siege Perilous

There's no actual stealing going on in any of them, but hopefully they're mildly entertaining. And hopefully after read the epilogue stuff, it all makes sense why I included them 1 year later.

-Chad