• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Daily Dungeon/Monster Quests, Suggestion

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey everyone,

I've been posting some ideas over on the UO forums and thought I would jump over here and see what you guys think. I'm not sure how many people are against daily stuff, but I for one really love them.

So here's my idea copied over but with more info:

DAILY DUNGEONS! So our community events could garner some exciting rewards after the souldbinder event.

For example:

The daily challenges would be quests you can pick up in Brit Commons. Each day the quests would be several random dungeons or monsters in different areas that include free content areas and the High Sea/ TOL areas. As well as both Fel and Ilsh champ spawns.

The challenges are only good for 1 day, so you can't save them up. You would need to pick them up each day and delete any old ones you didn't finish.

Once completed you would acquire points for the daily dungeon master npc in Brit Commons.

Some dungeons and monsters could offer more points depending on level and difficulty.

Things like Kill 10 blood elementals
Kill Travesty
Hunt and kill 50 earth elementals
Kill Barracoon the Piper

You could also make it to where subscribers get more dailies than EJ accounts.

Create new rewards that entice players to want to do this and to buy TOL and HighSeas

Such as the:

1. Shard visitor token (allows the player to visit any shard) good for a round trip there and back. Once the player chooses a shard to visit they would go with what's in their pack and have a time limit of an hour before it would bring them back to their original shard.

2. Recipes: Mythical crafting recipes that require items from each monster to create it; something from Dreadhorn, Mel, Savage skin paint, etc. Mythical Sword, Mythical Staff, Mythical Shield and lesser versions such as exalted, grandmaster and legendary.

2. Recipes: Animated weapon skins, click to put on your weapon to make it shimmer with magic

3. set of collector items: Town replica village deeds (collect each town) it's like the little house deeds, but small mini version of towns -- like the one in Blackthorne's castle

4. set of collector house pets: once locked down in your house they can move around the house: cat, dog, potbelly pig, squirrel, hamster

5. set of collector mini monster pets: Once locked down in the house they can move, animated with
maybe a magic or melee move.

6. set of collector armor from each developer: a full set for each with names attached, could make these to be imbued.

7. cosmetic statuette pets, these would follow you around. Click and uncliick the statue like the wisp.

Just a few ideas I came up with on the spot

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, it got some likes but I guess the idea doesn't appeal to most. Give it time to sink in. :D

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
well there's so much to do in game now, last thing I want to do is daily quests lol. its not that its a bad idea but is why I left wow.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
well there's so much to do in game now, last thing I want to do is daily quests lol. its not that its a bad idea but is why I left wow.
Right. But these are not mandatory quests, its only if you want to do them and they don't have to be in a quest form either, either as a single or multi-tiered convoluted tests that take the fun out of the game.
The other things she mentions are cool also.
Other things could be invasion or mini-invasions that drop some things. Again the whole focus would be to remove the complex useless convolution and more on the fun.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, well think of this as complementing those things we already do. Like Celticus said it wouldn't be mandatory at all it would just enhance what's already there.

If it would make it easier, the monsters could drop some type of tiered item already used for the maritime crates (exalted - mythical) depending on the difficulty. Since I'm not sure how much code it would take to target each monster and boss for this system. I know we have a few quests in Heartwood and Sanctuary that target peerless bosses already.

But from what I see on the forums it seems that most shards have community held events so this would make things easier, fun and a bigger turn out for the hosts that dedicate their time each week.