• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Daemons of the Guardian

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some feedback:

• Orisish is directing us northeast to find Leoric, while he can be found directly north.
  • The original password to enter Benedict's Lab does not work anymore. I have no clue how to find out the new password (I just was able to enter because I heard Owain uttering it).

Otherwise, nice quest! It is quite easy to figure out the riddles. I had to research 5 minutes to find the name from the Royal Council, but that was the hardest part so far.
Well done! Almost too easy.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gonna need a little help on this one someone marked over the first book in hedge maze so cant continue

EM Kasaven

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the feedback.

Lineman - You are reading the wrong book.
Every book I set out for the event is red-leaved and locked down, I have single double and triple checked.
If there are any editable books, they are previous seer events. Benedict's lab, for instance, has an old event book that is editable. The Hedge Maze may also.

Hawkeye - I appreciate the feedback, perhaps I should have had Orisish suggest you follow the road to find Leoric.
There is indeed a new password for the lab. If you follow through Leoric's oracle questions/answers, he will direct you to where you can find more information, leading to the discovery of the next password.
Perhaps because of your previous knowledge of Benedict's lab, you didn't need to find the next clue in a certain graveyard that Leoric directs you to, where you would have also found the next clue pertaining to the password.

I agree it wasn't overly challenging. UO players know varying levels of UO lore, and many had a good bit of difficulty with this event in general, so it is hard to guage how extreme to make such an event.

A question for everyone,
Was the event plot clear and concise? Is everyone understanding the storyline up to this point? I imagine if you have missed prior events, it may be a bit muddled. Also if you haven't read the fictions, the same may apply.

P.S - If you can tell people in the thread in the Catskills main forum to post feedback here, that would be great. I'm pretty sure a lot of people aren't even aware of this forum section yet. Easy player to EM communication.

Kasaven.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I just finished the quest. Didn't have time on Sunday night to find the mask and the horn. A little more feedback:
  • I messed up with the ingredients, cause I didn't return them in the correct order. However, I figured it out nevertheless. I was smirking when I saw that you used my favorite cave! Only a couple of days ago I tried to get in and wondered why the password stopped working. :)
  • I liked how we had to put together the last phrase from the numbered books.
  • I was surprised that it was over so quickly.

I noticed that people did the quest with all their characters by just going to the last station and skipping the steps before. It isn't a big deal since the reward is not really valuable (why the heck are they doing this?!?), but I'd like it better when you only can complete the quest if you have passed all stations before. (I can imagine that the EM powers do not suffice to make such a quest.)

To me, the story was clear and coherent. However, when I read the event announcement, I immediately did some research about Ix Tab and Relvinian (since I had missed those events), so I was well prepared. That's why I knew about that lab. Maybe it would be more accessible for the standard player if you could add a short abstract of the context to the event announcement (5 sentences would suffice).

For my personal taste, the quest was well done, but too easy and too short. But I understand that not everybody likes riddles like I do, but they could still participate in the monster-bashing events. I personally like riddles most which you can solve with in-depth knowledge about Britannian geography and history, and contains riddles that require some navigation skill. I don't like complicated word-puzzles too much, but fortunately there was none in that quest.