• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Daemon berserker vs greater dragon

C

controlfive

just recently started using my tamer, have daemon berserkers always hit greater dragons for over half their health? working as intended or a bug? it's pretty annoying watching an archer shooting away at a berserker from across the fence in the rift, then watching my drag die in 5 seconds against that same berserker after an all kill.

J

Joyous2K

I think it's as intended, apparently these berserkers have a "special magic" that makes the immune to normal things. You are supposed to have a special retro weapon to cut through their "special magic" and damage them.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This was probably changed from the first week when the Berserkers were REALLY out in force. On LS there was a super Dragon in the middle of 15+ berserkers and holding its own.

Guess they changed that when they changed the spawn rate.

F

Fayled Dhreams

just recently started using my tamer, have daemon berserkers always hit greater dragons for over half their health? .....
First thing I'd suggest ... have another tamer go over your SDragon's stats/skills/resists ...

My scavenger recently GM'd Archery ... and while most other (archers) seem to prefer hanging them on a fence ... (doing a circle of death, feels a little funner)
Less than three(archers) is a loooong haul and lotsa arrows ... there was one(archer) that had some sorta super slayer enhanced bow ... that you could seeeee ticks(chunks) of health fall off the Daemon B ... with every arrow/bolt ...

But as a rule ... having a Dragon there usually tanking the Daemon in melee ... is/was the way to go ...
which by definition ... STILL meant that the Dragon lasted longer than 5 sec's ...

check your S's (stats/skills/resists)

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find that when I go after a berserker, it will bring down the dragon's hp really fast at first, but after that I can keep him alive with constant (CONSTANT) vetting... Now keep in mind, trying to solo one, the dragon usually dies, but using it as a tank with a few other people attacking seems to work. I'm guessing maybe the daemon takes a small break to try to attack the other people that are damaging him? He never seems to target me when all I do is vet, but I'm right underneath him! Go figure....

L

love2winalot

hehe, because it is against the Geneva Convention to kill doctors.

C

controlfive

check your S's (stats/skills/resists)
the dragon i was using has 127.5 wrestling, 85 phys, and 865 hp. it doesn't get much better than that against mobs that do only physical melee. i'm assuming they do physical damage, correct me if i'm wrong there.

even a dragon with minimum resists should NOT be taking 450+ damage per hit.

L

Lord Richard

you may remember a few years back when the tribal npcs could take out any tame in no time at all...I'm sure this is just a more recent version of that script.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Well ... don't know about the "doesn't get much better" :cool: ...

as long as we're assuming ... I'm guessing that the "base creature" that the Berserker is based on ... is a Balron ... on steroids ... or paragon+steroids ... (since my eoo shows "balron" ... *shrug*)
But ...
If thats correct ...

need a lore of the "target" ... to compare/figure against the full set of the attacker ...

just saying ...

C

controlfive

Well ... don't know about the "doesn't get much better" :cool: ...
when you appreciate that people solo'd grizzle with hiryus not because of 1k hp caps or legendary skills, but because of resistances, you'll understand.

for mitigating physical melee damage, 127.5 wrestling and 85 phys are almost as good as it gets. i consider any dragon with 800+ hp more than viable. except of course against paroxy or mobs that hit pets for 450+ damage :x

anyway, you are probably correct richard. strikes me as kind of odd that they added the anti-pet damage thing this late, though.

F

Fayled Dhreams

:cool: Just saying ... IF your taking such a massive "first strike" ... the rest of your beasties stats/skills/resists might be where the hits are leaking in ...
From the linky ...
standard balron
107 - 155 HP, 50% Physical Damage, 25% Fire Damage, 25% Energy Damage ...
...........Hit Points ....Stamina ..Mana ...STR ...DEX ...INT
Minimum: 592 ............177 ......151 ....986 ...177 ...151

now ramp it up to Paragon Balron
Hit Points .....Stamina ........Mana ..............Strength ......Dexterity ..... Intelligence
3009 - 3614 ...212 - 306 ...181 - 300 .........1035 - 1244 ...212 - 306 ....181 - 300

really might want a lore of the Daemon Berserker ...

Being as how your STILL assuming that its just phys damage your getting whacked by ...

Having those stats and resistances .... all well and good ... for physical ...

Whats your beasties weakest resist?
:cool:

A

athlon

He is correct on this issue. My greater will take 25/30 pts of damage maybe 5 ish times in a row, then all the sudden WHACK - out of nowhere his HP are halved. It seems to be random - maybe the code is 25% of Beserker hits have a chance to absorb half the health of the dragon.

Anyway, it is possible to tank with a greater but VERY VERY hard. You have to use Vet AND greater heal, and have a suit on with max mana regen so your GH do not run out. If they do, bye bye dragon.

Just much easier with an archer.

My question is, arent there weopons (maybe the power/vanq ones) that do alot of damage to the beserker? If there are, what kind of damage do they do? Also, are their archer weopons?

Right now, i am doing 4-6 pts of damage a hit to the beserker using my demon slayer repeating crossbow - takes a while to kill one :(

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

When the ophidian invasion was in vesper they added a code to stop people trapping spawn, if you damaged spawn while it was trapped it teleported on top of you and without showing damage numbers halfed your hp.

The problem with that was when they later used the same code on the candle of love event monsters that froze when doing breath attacks (mares & dragons) also teleported. It also often affected casters and anything that someone had recalled out in front of.

It was also used in the maginica invasion, but they have removed the teleporting part from the demon berserkers, which makes absoloutely no sense as they have no ranged attack in the first place. So now their mostly just archer fodder.