• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Cutting fish to steaks oddity

K

Kiminality

Cutting a single fish nets you 4 steaks.
Cutting 2 nets you 12.
Cutting 3 nets you 20.
So, take the stack size, minus one, and multiply that figure by 8. Then add 4, and that's your steak total.

I also don't have solid figures, I need to fish up more...
But, it seemed like cutting a Yellowfin Barracuda while there was already a stack of the steaks in my pack only earned me 4, when cutting one without a stack was getting me variable numbers significantly over 4 (I remember seeing an 18).

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the amount of fish steaks given with the barracuda might have something to do with the weight of the fish. The heavier the fish, the more steaks I get out of it.

Has anyone noticed this too?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 is for a 20 stones barracuda. I havent got smaller ones yet. You get mroe, if the fish weights more. Unfortunately, I havent paid too mch attention but it should be at least 1 fishsteak/5 stones weight.
Hopefully i will remember to check the next time, when i am cutting one up.

K

Kiminality

Yeah, I was a little low on sleep, and didn't have enough of a stock to test the barracudas fully, I just saw a couple of 4's, then when I moved the stack out, I got an 18.
Then I was out of fish to test.

The thing with the other fish I was able to confirm though. All the way to 316 steaks for a stack of 40 :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If some of you wants to work out a formular: good luck. :D
I cutted a few yellowtail barracudas today. First number was the weight, second number the fish steaks received:
20 ---> 4
81 ---> 28
90 ---> 32
128 ---> 46

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My numbers are for one of the new big fishes (cutting up into steaks for a pie.)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "Big Fish" formula is weight/5 steaks.
The stack of fish formula is fish*8-4 (or, effectively, every fish past the first one counting double)

Both have been known for quite a while.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those may differ... The Big Fish formula has only been stated as such for the pre-HS Big Fish type (which, ironically, of two weighted fish caught since upgrading, one of them was an old blue Big Fish)

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "Big Fish" formula is weight/5 steaks.
The stack of fish formula is fish*8-4 (or, effectively, every fish past the first one counting double)

Both have been known for quite a while.

I cut up my 80 stone barracuda and only received 4 steaks.

Now I see people with claims of 30+ and feel I have been ripped off!

Fortunately, I am a thief... I will take my loss and ensure others take theirs to compensate me! *evil grin*