• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Customize Your Forum Title! (Cross Posted)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics is pleased to offer an account upgrade that allows you to customize your user title an unlimited number of times for an entire year! Previously, we allowed users to purchase a 1-time, permanent user title change, but we wanted to make this feature more flexible, allowing you to change your title as frequently as you choose.

The upgrade can be purchased here: http://stratics.com/community/link-forums/custom-user-title.923/. Alternatively, you can find it by hovering over "Support Us" in the navigation bar.

Once the upgrade is purchased, you'll immediately be able to customize your user title at any time by editing your "Personal Details." See:

Disclaimer: User titles are limited to 50 characters by our software. Custom user titles are subject to Stratics' Rules of Conduct. Titles may not imply that you are a member of Stratics staff.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can Stratics Pro subscribers purchase this to customize their Stratics Pro banner?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The banners are assigned by usergroup, not by user. They can't be customized unfortunately. However, Stratics Pro subscribers can purchase the user title upgrade and customize their user title without impacting their Pro benefits.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, way to put me off and sell me somethin' at the same time.... Way to go, Taylor.........:loser:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, fine.... How's THIS !

And finally, something that EA/Broadsword don't even have to be involved with... Just the boys and girls doin the html for the forum software... How about you have a word with them...

Just sayin...:whip:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ha. It's a technical impossibility, I'm afraid. Here's the XenForo resource on it: http://xenforo.com/help/user-group-styling/.

We'd have to create a separate usergroup for every single person, which causes the forum permissions cache to get so big we crash. It's not possible atm. :)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg.... ok then, if Zenforo can't see the wisdom in this mod - then simply change it to read "Brilliant Beyond Comprehension" to compensate for the hard earned cash I've donated to my fav site...
How's that?

Last edited:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Big enough as is. :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Pffftttt....?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That's what he wants his banner to say. :D

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my apparently poor attempt to spell the sound that I uttered upon reading Taylor's response to my db resource question....
Go back to sleep Kelmo :cool:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what he wants his banner to say. :D
Well, you'd only get to enjoy it for one year.... "Brilliant Beyond Comprehension" however, could buy you renewals for years to come..... :cool: