• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom Content...

G

I have a few questions for those of you, that have done it. I tried to find this on the blog, but did not.

1.) When does the easel become enabled for uploading pictures? Is there a regular schedule?

2.) Which gives the better (ie, cleaner, sharper) image, JPEG or bitmaps?

3.) What is the cost (in §) to create a picture. Is it a per copy cost? Or per uploaded image?

The same questions for making chairs. Plus...

1.) What is the *easiest* way to find .iff files for chairs?

Thanks!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have a few questions for those of you, that have done it. I tried to find this on the blog, but did not.

1.) When does the easel become enabled for uploading pictures? Is there a regular schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

The easel becomes custom content enabled during community pub hours a schedule can be found on the tso-e blog page on the right side and also below.

Community Pub in Test Center3
TSO-E team members will be in the pub:
Mon: 11-1 p.m.; 4-6 p.m.
Tue: 10-2 p.m.
Wed: 11-1 p.m.; 5-7 p.m.
Thu: 2-6 p.m.
Fri: 3-7 p.m.
All hours are Pacific Time. The pub will be closed December 24th until January 2nd.
Check out which devs will be at the pub!

<blockquote><hr>

2.) Which gives the better (ie, cleaner, sharper) image, JPEG or bitmaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

bitmaps are generally cleaner/sharper because .jpg is basically a compressed bitmap, but if u don't compress too much u can get decent .jpg files.

<blockquote><hr>

3.) What is the cost (in §) to create a picture. Is it a per copy cost? Or per uploaded image?

[/ QUOTE ]

The costs to create custom pictures are:
1 copy = $248
5 copies = $868
10 copies = $1,488

<blockquote><hr>

The same questions for making chairs. Plus...

1.) What is the *easiest* way to find .iff files for chairs?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Enter the sims game in windowed mode, find the name of the chair u want to do. open transmogrifier and on the left side is a search box, enter the chair name and it should find it for you. As to prices i can't say haven't tried chairs yet. All other questions should have same answers as did for the custom pictures..

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The cost of the pictures being uploaded seems to be based on the size of the file. A 35kb picture costs alot less than a 92kb picture. I noticed a cost difference in the chairs I uploaded as well. Again these must be associated with file size that you are uploading. I haven't ever done the math but I'm sure there must be a per kb value set for pricing.

You do get a discount for ordering in volume. Ordering 10 copies at once is less expensive that purchasing one at a time.

I've found that custom content is turned on anytime Parizad is working. The pub schedule is a good indication that it is turned on but you can find it working almost anytime throughout the work day Monday thru Friday.