• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom Content Items "bought" at stores lot but...

• Thread starter caroleatdesigns
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

caroleatdesigns

Well, this may be a bug, maybe not. In either case, I cannot report through the bug link. I keep getting an Internal error with a page full of info regarding that error. So here's my problem:

I had a customer " purchase "2 custom content chairs from my store. I was not paid, no message reporting the sale, but he claims he paid me the $1000. I have not encountered this problem in the past, so I'm not sure if there were some code changes that could have caused this or he has a widget that he is using to exploit store items. If there is no " <font color="red">bug </font>", then I must report the player. I do not want to do that if the problem is a software problem. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Carole

G

I sell custom chairs I create at the store I live at and I've noticed this "bug" as well. There's been a few chairs missing from the store I know people have gone to buy, because they'd IM'd me and complimented me on them, but I never got the money.

Also, yesterday I purchased and ate a few fruit from MysticMan's Property. One of the Tree's seemed to glitch as I ate it. I did not get the point from that tree and neither Mystic nor me were able to click on it at all. Luckily he was sweet enough to set out another tree for me to chow down on.

G

The old bug report site is problematic, the Wiki bug report site, is the one that Parizad and the dev's prefer us to use, these days.

This definately sounds like a 'bug' worth reporting.

G

I'm having a problem with one Custom Content chair that I purchased. On the lot that it was at(for sale at) I could see it. When I got it home, I can no longer see it. It's just a plain old chair.

G

Did you reset the lot a couple of times?
If that doesn't help and it does not show up after maintenance, then you should report it on the Wiki bug page.

G

you should report it on the Wiki bug page

You forgot to include a link to the Wiki bug page.

G

I've reset the lot numerous times, although I haven't had anyone over to see if they could see it though.

G

Definately a bug, EA has placed some coding in their servers to supply a small amount of imformation that widgets can access. Information like needs for your guests in your property. No one would be able to access the server in such a way to be able to do anything like that.

C

caroleatdesigns

Thank You, BiteMe. This player is so nice and polite I just couldn't imagine him being a "hacker". I sent an email to Lee, privately, re: the bug. Hopefully they will find this nasty, must be a ****roach, bug soon. BTW, ****roaches are my fav hate insect. YUCK!!

Best Regards,

C

caroleatdesigns

Thanks Gilly. Course, that begs the question, why don't they change the link to the wiki so we are able to actually post in a bug report folder?
It must be haides for the developers to track the bugs that get reported all over the forum because of the old bug report bug .

Best Regards

G

<blockquote><hr>

Course, that begs the question, why don't they change the link to the wiki so we are able to actually post in a bug report folder?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a huge list of changes going on....for all of us....and some things are just going to have to be at the bottom of the list.

Just speculating, from things I have heard, but I believe changing EA's TSO website, is one of the more complicated, but less immediate problems. I would guess that they are saving it for a complete overhaul once EA Land is launched and functional. But I am just guessing, I do not know for sure.

In the mean time, Stratics is trying to reorganize our stickys, guides, and links to more updated information, hopefully, it will soon be much easier to find the information you need, here.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Course, that begs the question, why don't they change the link to the wiki so we are able to actually post in a bug report folder?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a huge list of changes going on....for all of us....and some things are just going to have to be at the bottom of the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that begs the question -- given that this is a test environment, why would providing an efficient system for bug reporting be at the bottom of the list?

G

Updating the EA site (which I am sure involves more than just our dev team) is what I was referring to.

The Wiki is much more efficient, than the old bug boards, and is apparently sufficient for their needs.

So no questions begged here.

G

The Wiki is much more efficient

If so, then why is there no link to it in your message or on the top of this forum?

G

Because, our Stratics site, too, needs extensive retooling....lots of changes, lots of adaptations.

All the forums and sticky's and front page links &amp; guides have to be checked and rewritten to reflect the new game. The constantly changing landscape makes that even more difficult for us than it is for individuals, especially with our shortage of Content Staff*.

But we are working on it steadily, and there have been changes already, that I bet you haven't even noticed, as well as many more in the works.

*anyone interested in joining or helping the Content Staff with rewrites, please PM Brekkee at [email protected].

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had a customer " purchase "2 custom content chairs from my store. I was not paid, no message reporting the sale, but he claims he paid me the $1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have experienced this problem prior to any changes made this year. I could sit there and watch 4 items disappear, but only receive 3 sale PM's. Because you can't reproduce the error at will, it is difficult to report the bug. I do not believe the buyer did anything wrong. I suppose anything is possible, but why would they buy 3 cheap counters and use a "widget" for the forth, keeping in mind this was pre-TC3 when there was an abundance of simoleans floating around.

Is it possible you received the payment with no sale PM but just didn't notice the change in your funds?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The Wiki is much more efficient

If so, then why is there no link to it in your message or on the top of this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are links to both the wiki and the blog on the left hand side of the main sims front page. There are also links to both in the FAQ thread stickied at the top of CH.

Polly

G

There are also links to both in the FAQ thread

So all someone has to do is to add the wiki and blog to the description of the thread. Should only be a minor edit.

C

caroleatdesigns

The PM and the funds showed up 2 days later. I didn't believe it was the Sim, but, since TC3 is a test site, I believe all possibilities should be presented. I also let the Sim know it finally arrived so he wouldn't feel badly about it, either.

Best Regards,

Carole Anne

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

The PM and the funds showed up 2 days later. I didn't believe it was the Sim, but, since TC3 is a test site, I believe all possibilities should be presented. I also let the Sim know it finally arrived so he wouldn't feel badly about it, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about lag! lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about lag! lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's hope that EA never gains control of U.P.S. or FedEx.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about lag! lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's hope that EA never gains control of U.P.S. or FedEx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure they haven't? It would explain a lot......