• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom Content isn’t just made to sell…

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

I know not everyone is into custom content. I don’t know their reasons, but I wanted to comment about the subject.

I HATE running a store…hate hate hate! Lol.
I LOVE making custom content…love love love! He-he.

If you’re willing to work on custom content, even just a little bit, I’d like for you to imagine the possibilities…

I decided, I am going to make custom content for myself. If people like what I have and want to buy one, of course I’ll order a copy…but mainly my content will be used to create wonderful properties for my sims…at least in my eyes!

I have always ran a carnival in game when I get bored. That carnival will be merged in time, and now I can’t give money away…but I can create prizes!!! I have 6 prizes already created, that I think are pretty cool…but this is something I couldn’t have accomplished in the past. What was I supposed to hand out before, a fire hydrant? Hehe.

It doesn’t stop there. I mean I know its only sculptures and chairs, but over time it will be everything. I’ve already been able to make a few items to create new carnival games…which I can’t wait to use!

Think about it, you can create the set of your favorite tv show or talk show. You can create national landmarks, almost duplicating the items there. You can create your rl house. (I didn’t say you’d want to, but you could…)

Anyway, my point is, you can make anything you want…ANYTHING.
I think it’s awesome!

So…if you could create anything on your sims property what would it be??

I

imported_SimTripps

I love cc, but finding good cc is hard since there's not alot of it out there - and since the in-game graphic quality has changed, the cc is looking even uglier lol... Too many 'flat 1D-looking' items with that horrid yellow rim around them - guess they forgot about anti-aliasing the sprites in PS lol..

DirectX client update may mean an improved 3D rendering, so I plan to remake a slew of my favorite Sims 2 objects, rock & roll paintings, bedding, kitchen counters and cabinets, tables, couches, etc... I'll see if I can find soms pics when I'm home later and will post

P

Purdy

I would probably create a garden or a park. I want to make my own flowers, and plants, garden sculptures and fountians. And just like you -- it would be for myself and if someone likes it I can sell it.

G

Ooo theres so many things I want! One of my most longed for items is a picnic table for my parks. BBQ's need picnic tables! My Greek villa really needs some better accessories and I cant wait to customize my IH residence lot.

Theres so much in the future of CC I cant wait for, but mostly I want to be able to buy custom clothes.
Like a purple butterfly wings outfit. How bout making our own wallpaper and floors, can you imagine things might actually match someday! Another thing I long for is making our own actions, tho I bet we end up with some not quite PG13 stuff. I'm sure they will have updated the ToS by then.

CC might seem sorta lame now but the future is bright!

I

imported_SimTripps

omg Niki you've inspired! Yes - and MORE BUILD ITEMS! Circular staircases, columns, more plants and trees, custom windows and doors! omg the list is endless!

G

I have a question about Custom content.

We were promised all the items from the expansion packs.

And I'm wondering if what they meant was .. you can copy and put anything from sims2 adn pacts into the game as a statue.

Because a lot of the items i see have no interactions other than "content viewer"

I hope that is not what they meant and that one day we will not only be able to
see these things from the other games.. but also interact with them.

I love custom content .. dont get me wrong . i got the sixpack and the birdhouse and the lifeguard chair like everyone else...

but I still want alll the items from the games and not jsut statues of them.

G

Your Carnivals are the best.. when you bringing it back to CC??? hmmmm wont let you forget us homies now.. we want carnival

I

imported_Qute Pi

I know they plan to bring sims 1 items into the game. They haven't been added yet, but I'm sure eventually they will.

Currently we have only been able to test custom content made from chairs and sculptures. That is why it doesn't seem like a big deal.

But over time (not sure how long) they will give us the opportunity to make any item, and even customize the actions available. (One day)

G

Luc posted this on the blog

<blockquote><hr>

Next week, the first skinnable objects will be in game (alex fixed them) and leverage the content in a new way.

Then the scriptable objects will start to appear, and those will let you build games inside the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So yes we'll be able to script objects so that they can be interacted with !

Polly

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol ladi...Thank you!

Its actually being merged from DG whenever that happens, so I don't know where it will end up.
Calvin's Creek might get lucky. lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

Great thoughts Niki...see that's what I'm talkin' about!

I'm getting anxious! hehe

M

mysticlisa516

I wanna make a pink palace,,,everything pink...lol

But I'm afraid I would have to hire someone,,,don't have a clue on how to do CC.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have a question about Custom content.

We were promised all the items from the expansion packs.

And I'm wondering if what they meant was .. you can copy and put anything from sims2 adn pacts into the game as a statue.

Because a lot of the items i see have no interactions other than "content viewer"

I hope that is not what they meant and that one day we will not only be able to
see these things from the other games.. but also interact with them.

I love custom content .. dont get me wrong . i got the sixpack and the birdhouse and the lifeguard chair like everyone else...

but I still want alll the items from the games and not jsut statues of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have an answer, but my impression was that they would be bringing stuff from the offline game.

Just to clarify, it is the <u>Sims1</u>, *not* the Sims2, that they will be bringing stuff from and we will be making custom content off of.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Patience, time and commitment and you can do anything!
Making custom content may be easier in the future. Hang in there!

G

I absolutely can't wait for items to be scriptable.

I want to zoom around town in Thrill's fabulous minis - complete with a horn that goes "beep beep".

I'll lurk at the front door and run sims over as they're landing.

Problem with afk sims standing in front of the shower or dishwasher? No longer a problem. Just lure them out of the way and then its foot on the gas, beep beep ... splat

(To the wonderful person that can script the cars, please can I have a super fast reverse option as well please. Thank you
)

Polly

edited to add: I want a pink car. I'll make a sim called Penelope Pitstop and start a lot called Whacky Races. !!

G

*makes a mental note not to land at a house Polly is at*

Geeze Polly, somehow I can vision you doing this and then sitting there laughing till you pee, not to mention using the reverse gear to make sure you squish the poor unsuspecting sim properly.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I want to zoom around town in Thrill's fabulous minis - complete with a horn that goes "beep beep".

Problem with afk sims standing in front of the shower or dishwasher? No longer a problem. Just lure them out of the way and then its foot on the gas, beep beep ... splat

(To the wonderful person that can script the cars, please can I have a super fast reverse option as well please. Thank you
)

Polly

edited to add: I want a pink car. I'll make a sim called Penelope Pitstop and start a lot called Whacky Races. !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna create a (hard) plastic bubble I can crawl into that way when you hit me I just roll...

G

<blockquote><hr>

)

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]God help us all if this woman currently owns a cannon!

G

<blockquote><hr>

God help us all if this woman currently owns a cannon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh the cannon is on wheels right? Hahaha screw the cars I wanna drive my cannon ......

And yes Kat I currently have a cannon in EA-Land mwahaha

(No worries Jim, I promise not to reverse over you too often)

*makes mental note to custom build a long pin to pop Qute's bubble*

Polly

I

imported_Qute Pi

NO POPPING QUTE'S BUBBLE! IT'S AGAINST THE SCRIPT! UNPOPPABLE! HA!

I

imported_SimTripps

Scriptable items could open a big can of worms... *thinks 'love' bed...

I

imported_Founder

Well, I personally offered to sell your custom content at our store, but you declined the offer. So its not like you dont have the opportunities, you just choose not to, as I see it. Just because you choose not to, doesnt mean it wasnt meant to sell. Custom Content is still hot item to sell. Crafts have dissapeared off the face of sim earth for now.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I personally offered to sell your custom content at our store, but you declined the offer. So its not like you dont have the opportunities, you just choose not to, as I see it. Just because you choose not to, doesnt mean it wasnt meant to sell. Custom Content is still hot item to sell. Crafts have dissapeared off the face of sim earth for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't get the point of the topic. Try and use your imagination and think about what you could create for a property.

I

imported_Founder

Possibilities are endless. However, I like it when people share their CC for free. I can see people use CC and give it away for free for politics purposes coming up. "Vote For Obama" signs?

I also ran into a nice girl that I'm sure you know well (hehe) who was giving away free statues of herself! Oh My! The ego! LOL

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Scriptable items could open a big can of worms... *thinks 'love' bed...

[/ QUOTE ]

omg..lol...I just love the CC in town and want to commend all who do it. My home is filled with it and big balloons...WOOOT..I can't wait LOLOL

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Crafts have dissapeared off the face of sim earth for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO....Since when? I sell plenty everyday still. *hint to crafters* the going item at the moment is PC's and pest traps. I restock daily

G

I have had the pleasure to look at every single custom content object you guys have uploaded, and let me tell you... you guys are incredibly creative. I absolutely cannot believe how fabulous you guys are! The stuff that you upload is absolutely amazing!

Good job guys!

I

Inge Jones

Will we have to use IffPencil for the scripting? I think I still have it somewhere.

T

turtleface

hehe what a fun topic... if i could create anything on my property, what would it be???
If i could make it all, i'd have a working farm. Someone already made vegetables and stuff... soooo cool! I'd make ones that you could actualy harvest, so you got little tomatos and corns and stuff in your inventory, which you could cook custom meals with using a custom fridge. I'd have cows, which had a 'milk' option, and a churn so you could make dairy products. the cow would also have a 'butcher' option, which would become available after you'd had it for a certain amount of time, and would turn it into meat, lol. And i'd have chickens, and little nests...the nests could have a 'collect eggs' option. And i'd have some cute little sheepies, too
And some trees that grew stuff, like apples and oranges and mangos. It would be lots of fun just to spend time at my lot looking after my farm.

I

imported_Qute Pi

great description! That would be cool. I love the idea of having a farm you could get food from, what about being able to sell your food to other sims? You know from the cash register, buy 5 eggs, buy a fruit basket, buy a gallon of milk!

I tried making my bubble chair last night, lol...didn't go as planned, but I will perfect it that way I don't get run over or popped.

What about a space station? People have tried that with what we have. I even had a space building at the carnival...too bad there isn't another float option besides afk. lol. Just think of how much you can customize things! OH! I can make a food cart to go down the isles of my air plane! lol. Lol yes, in our Paris pictures I moved a table down the row, wish it rolled lol.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Possibilities are endless. However, I like it when people share their CC for free. I can see people use CC and give it away for free for politics purposes coming up. "Vote For Obama" signs?

I also ran into a nice girl that I'm sure you know well (hehe) who was giving away free statues of herself! Oh My! The ego! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

As for your political idea, I'm not at all political, so I don't want it. lol But I'll take a life size Josh Lucas.

You stink! Ran into huh? Like as in bumped or chased? lol. :p
Either way I think you need a car too...and I think I need my bubble. :O

P.S. "She" wasn't giving away statues of herself...she was offering to make people their own. Well there goes that secret agent identity. *Sighs*