• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom Animal Lore Gump for KR

S

Sarphus

A few people have asked me to make my custom animal lore gump public. I keep saying I'm going to do it, but never got around to it... till now.

I just posted the latest version (the one I use) to modders exchange. In case you didn't know, the url for modders exchange is
http://modders-exchange.illandril.net/

Fortunately, Gildar was patient with me as I tried to learn how to use their source control software.

The 2 biggest advantages of using this custom KR gump are that it organizes all commonly-used pet data to the front page of the gump (2 tab gump) and it hilights the stats of a creature based on thresholds you set. I primarily use it when I'm farming pets, because it allows me to instantly identify if a creature is a keeper or not.

I hope to update the gump to work with the SA client quickly if necessary (assuming the devs don't make the lore gump for SA client just like this one or better.

EDIT
I thought perhaps a picture would tell you more about the gump. This is a pic of the gump hilighting the stats of one of my bakes.

S

Sarphus

It just occurred to me that people might be having trouble finding my mod :)

You want to go to modders exchange and click the link for "Browse Source".
Then you want to expand the folder for "trunk" and then go into the folder for "Animal Lore"

From there you just click the .lua and .xml files for the mod to see the source.

If you scroll to the very bottom of the page you will have an option to download the mod as plain text. Use that option to download each of the mod files.

Then you just put the mod in your mods folder (ex. C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn\UserInterface\Mods\Source\Generic\) and load the mod from your options menu once KR is loaded.

Sorry, I forgot how complicated mods are in KR... I wrote this one something like a year ago and haven't touched mods since.

I'm going to try to figure out how to make my mod into a package. I'm a newb with modders exchange, so I don't know how to expose my mods in a way that's easy for other people to get them.