• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cursor Flicker in Windows 7 64Bit

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 64bit. I have noticed a very annoying flicker of the game cursor when I move it. Anyone else see this either on Windows 7 or maybe it is only 64bit related? If I move my cursor a lot I end up losing track of it because it is invisible most of the time.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same thing when I got my new comp with Windows 7 64bit. I finally set the mouse to run in separate thread and this got rid of most of it, but it's still a bit shaky, just not totally fluttery and unusable. This was only in Classic tho, EC was and is just fine.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I already have the mouse running in a separate thread checked. I just installed the Enhanced Client and it does not exhibit the same cursor flicker as the Classic Client.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run windows 7 64-bit and I don't have this problem on either client. I can't tell you why I don't though sorry, just letting you know it is not always a problem and it may be something else going on that is fixable.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since you recently changed OS, have you tried checking your Mouse settings in the Control Panel? Perhaps slightly altering the OS Mouse settings in Win7 might clear it up.

B

Babble

Did you get it fixed?

No problem with win 64 and hp mouse