• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curious..

• Thread starter imported_The_Dude_
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_The_Dude_

I have several smiths with say 70 skill i have been getting bods once a day for my friend. I was wondering if i put a +30 blacksmithing hammer on when i went to get bods would it give me the same bods as say someone with GM?

Also would you get the bonus or whatever they put in recently for smiths at GM and above..

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I understand it, that would be a no.

Let me ask this--if you hold an Ancient Hammer, does it give you a "your blacksmithing has gone up by +30.0. It is now 100" (non-verbatim) message? If it doesn't, then I think it'll be a definite no.

I

imported_The_Dude_

Yes it does say your blacksmithy has gone up by +30 or whatever hammer your holding. Even Says it over 120 like when i put my +60 on my smith it says 180....

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would still think it's a no, but I'm sure someone else will be able to give a definite answer before too long.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

This has come up before and the answer has been that your real skill is what is checked for BODs.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hammers have no effect on bods.

Make a new smith with 50 skill, hold a 30 hammer - you will not get 70 level bods.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Theo is correct. ASH's have no effect on BODs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they did - then you could just work skill to 60 and then hold a +60 hammer and get legendary bod distribution.

Talk about a BOD Scripters DREAM.