• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Curious if anyone has obtained the necessary items from the monger for Caribdis?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just seeing if anyone has obtained the Spy glass and bait to do a Caribdis, and if so how was it?

:stir:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't, but a group of Stratics staffers tried it on Test - we found you need to keep the tentacles down or they multiply, don't try to solo it, and use cannons.
We didn't, we all died, and the boat got chewed to shreds. We were going to have another try with more boats and cannons, but we never managed to co-ordinate our timezones to get that number of us online together again.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah its not easy. But from our first test we learned some things from it. :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I smell a new fishy income for active fishers. Service would be to fish up this beasty for groups. I suppose 1 mill per go sounds fair. *g*

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I smell a new fishy income for active fishers. Service would be to fish up this beasty for groups. I suppose 1 mill per go sounds fair. *g*
If the rumours of them being equivalent level rewards to 120 scrolls are true, that would be far too cheap... it's still a whole lorra, lorra fishing to get them! A friend and I have been at for 3 hours now, both running our own quests and feeding fish to each other, and so far we've had a few of the new hooks but no scrolls or Charby items sadly.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The oracle glasses are said to be in the 120 ps reward range. I havent heard anything about the baits. The value of this service depends on the baits ... the glasses are not used up and have to be recharged with fish oil. One of the question is, how many charges the bait has and how many you need to bring up the monster. :)
(Not to mention that there is no known additional loot atm.)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have received 5 uses of bait for a 200 point 6 liner quest. Does it take more than one bait to fish these guys up?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems likely, the publish notes say:
Charybdis bait: Can be used on a fishing pole. When at a location identified by the Oracle of the Seas, fish using charybdis bait to start the encounter. You may have to fish several times to get the charybdis to rise.

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been at it for 3 days total now and the best item ive recieved is a 120 scroll, 110 scroll,some 105s, Lots of baits and some new items Hooks etc. Im just glad to hear someone got his bait. Yest i heard someone on GL got the oracle of the seas. Hopefully someone will post more pics about this beast and some goodies :)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working together a group of us got 5 Bait

but no Glass yet.

And I am curious about the reputation progression, I think its broken. I did some math in another post adn it doesn't look good :confused:

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was from a 6 liner that totaled 105 points if you count sal****er fish and crustaceans as 1 point and dungeon fish as 1.5, typical crate that normally rewards you with a 100 use stone fish bait etc. Might have a better chance of getting the higher end goodies if they would remove the hooks and garbage from the higher point brackets. Did a similar order yesterday and got a lava hook. That is when I park the boat for the day and go kill something. Good Luck with it and happy fishing.

The Albatross/ Lord Aphid LS

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Humm still no word on a recent completed caribdys?

Ah well us neither just two sets of bait thow.