• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curious Case of No IDOC?

Thellaren

Visitor
I played from 1998 to 2011 on Pacific. I had two accounts, one started in 1998 and one that I had inherited years later from a guild mate. (The account age was probably somewhere in 2000/2001).

I my main account I had house in Fel Trin and a house in Tram Minoc (Grandfathered). On the inherited account I had a house in Trammel [Location Undisclosed For Safety See Question Below]. In 2011 I just abruptly stopped playing but left my accounts open and got billed until the billing information expired (dont know when).

Today I decided to create an endless journey account (this account) to see what has replaced my houses. The Fel Trin house is gone and no houses around it for miles. The Tram Minoc house is gone and nothing replaced it but my neighbors are surprisingly the same.

However, the curious case is that second account. The house is still standing, no decay, never fell. Exactly like I left it. How is this possible? Baffling to me. Possible glitch? If so if I reactive it my account will it kill it? Lol.

The only thing I could think of is that it has some server birth rares locked down and maybe someone decided to preserve it? Baffled, any thoughts?

More details to help solve mystery: Fel Trin House (Private) Two Story Stone and Plaster L-Shape, Minoc Trammel House Custom (Public), Second Account Trammel House Public (Two Story Villa)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That happens sometimes, surprisingly often actually. No idea what causes it but I can only assume it's a glitch in the housing system, maybe caused by a revert right when it started to decay and then got stuck or something like that. I've had a few guildmates who reactivated their accounts after 5+ years and their houses were still exactly as they had left them. Reactivating your account shouldn't kill it. It definitely wasn't done on purpose though.

Thellaren

Visitor
Interesting, I wish my grandfathered houses hadnt fallen, they werent nice or anything but they had all my resources, the stones with skills on them (forgot what they were called) and such. But this house is nice to have simply because its decorated in 2000-2001 style, nothing custom with some server birth rares. Pretty much frozen in time. Nice memberberries

The characters suck though, dont really want to pay for them since I wont use them. Hmmm

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know Oasis castle on Sonoma is the same. I know there were some issues with the castle in the past though.