• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Culling Ossein Rams

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I decided to find one with high intensity. I knew I would need to go thru a bunch of them to get one.

If you do this on your own make sure you can use Gift of Life or have someone be able to res you. Mark a rune in a safe spot and give them one.
Last Night I would go in and get bring one to the hall, tame, and calculate. The best I found was a 60ish %. Today I decided to try some different methods to get as many as possible. So I spend a few minutes dragging all the spawn out of the area. I died a couple of times from the Lichs ganging up on me. I took them really far away so I had a room with a bunch in it. They tame on first try.

You can clear the room of all the spawn:
upload_2019-2-9_14-48-25.png

Then I tried a few things. Their HP and STR are double when wild. You can calculate the wild ones and kill. You can tame them in the bottom area and kill. The upper area has a lot of tiles where you can not see the Ram so it takes longer to tame up in that area. You can tame them and take them into the hall and kill or put them in the next room: Room of discarded Rams.
upload_2019-2-9_14-52-52.png

They domesticate when tamed so the released ones just stand there and ungulate once in a while.

I found the fastest way was to tame one and drag it to the side in the big area and calculate it them let a wild one kill it while you move to the next one. The only problem is when you find a keeper the two wild ones will attack it so be ready to gate or recall fast and log off and on.

I spend >three hours doing this. Theres released ones in the room there was many dead ones and a few released ones in Luna. I went to breakfast and when I returned the area reset with Lichs back in the big room so I am done.

I found:
74.57% 178 points off max
71.43% 200 points off max
72.43% 193 points off max

Very difficult to find a decent starter.

Best one looks like this:
upload_2019-2-9_15-12-39.png

Can built to something like this:
[bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]https://www.uo-cah.com/saved-planner?id=hhFz4SXALt[/bcolor]

Not very high HP. But supposedly they would be OP with 600 HP I hear...

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I decided to find one with high intensity. I knew I would need to go thru a bunch of them to get one.

If you do this on your own make sure you can use Gift of Life or have someone be able to res you. Mark a rune in a safe spot and give them one.
Last Night I would go in and get bring one to the hall, tame, and calculate. The best I found was a 60ish %. Today I decided to try some different methods to get as many as possible. So I spend a few minutes dragging all the spawn out of the area. I died a couple of times from the Lichs ganging up on me. I took them really far away so I had a room with a bunch in it. They tame on first try.

You can clear the room of all the spawn:
View attachment 94143

Then I tried a few things. Their HP and STR are double when wild. You can calculate the wild ones and kill. You can tame them in the bottom area and kill. The upper area has a lot of tiles where you can not see the Ram so it takes longer to tame up in that area. You can tame them and take them into the hall and kill or put them in the next room: Room of discarded Rams.
View attachment 94144

They domesticate when tamed so the released ones just stand there and ungulate once in a while.

I found the fastest way was to tame one and drag it to the side in the big area and calculate it them let a wild one kill it while you move to the next one. The only problem is when you find a keeper the two wild ones will attack it so be ready to gate or recall fast and log off and on.

I spend >three hours doing this. Theres released ones in the room there was many dead ones and a few released ones in Luna. I went to breakfast and when I returned the area reset with Lichs back in the big room so I am done.

I found:
74.57% 178 points off max
71.43% 200 points off max
72.43% 193 points off max

Very difficult to find a decent starter.

Best one looks like this:
View attachment 94145

[bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]https://www.uo-cah.com/saved-planner?id=hhFz4SXALt[/bcolor]

My experience finding a good one was similar to yours. I don't have my notes with me so I can't remember what % rating they were when fresh; I'll check when I get home and update. Getting a good one is a major pain both because of the spawn and the huge range of stats they spawn with. It's definitely easier if you can lure all the lich's out of there. Also, like you mentioned, one time I found a pretty good one, tamed it, cast gate, by the time the gate was up the lich's killed it. I was livid! After that when I found a good one I cast gate first, then tamed and ran through gate. No idea why they spawn with such low fire resist and aren't rideable. Would be nice if the HP/STR didn't cut in half after tame.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Drop the Mana down, bring the INT up to 370. HPR is pretty redundant on them, they leech life. Bring SR up to 10 (their self healing is tied to their offense, so you want them to keep swinging fast). Wrest up to 120, Tact down to GM.
Here's my Chiv/AI Ossein Ram, Zeliek. As you can see by the Planner, he still has TP to 120 most skills.
Zeliek 1.PNG Zeliek 2.PNG Zeliek 3.PNG Zeliek 4.PNG Zeliek 5.PNG Zeliek 6.PNG Zeliek 7.PNG Zeliek 8.PNG Zeliek 9.PNG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop the Mana down, bring the INT up to 370.
Ya I tried to place the things that are the same as a lump as just stick em in. Do I need the stam regen if Im just gonna take this around as a novelty. Like taking it only with groups to Travesty, Mel, Medusa and such? Low HP would not be good at Scalis. I see many pet ghosts there.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I tried to place the things that are the same as a lump as just stick em in. Do I need the stam regen if Im just gonna take this around as a novelty. Like taking it only with groups to Travesty, Mel, Medusa and such? Low HP would not be good at Scalis. I see many pet ghosts there.
Like i said, their self-healing is tied to their offense, so you want to keep their Stamina up. You'd want higher Cold Resist than 42 for Mel too, due to her Withers. Far more sources of Cold Damage in the game than Poison Damage (why i go with 80/80/65/60/80). You wouldn't use an Ossein Ram at Scalis anyways, he has Corrupted Life, which would cause the Ram to damage itself with it's Life Leech. Corgul or Exodus as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This I why I love @Pawain! He does all the hard work for us!
Ya I was busy at the events since September so those Fire Steeds got me going. I released the Test Steeds in Destard today so I could hold these.

I've made 6 new pets since I got the bug back with the Steeds.

This one was trained, built and skilled yesterday. Chiv is going up at a good rate for me.
upload_2019-2-9_17-23-57.png

If you want some reconnaissance on a pet type just ask in a thread.

I would Like to do a Unicorn next but I don't have any. Maybe @Khaelor has a good one on Atlantic I can build. I'm stuck there a while waiting on a pet I bought and the seller is AWOL.

You'd want higher Cold Resist
Thanks, I have a week to think about where I would take it. I think I filled the resist points in the build so can do any combo.
I am not going to try to train one unbonded on the mage with that low fire resist!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Drop the Mana down, bring the INT up to 370. HPR is pretty redundant on them, they leech life. Bring SR up to 10 (their self healing is tied to their offense, so you want them to keep swinging fast). Wrest up to 120, Tact down to GM.
Here's my Chiv/AI Ossein Ram, Zeliek. As you can see by the Planner, he still has TP to 120 most skills.
View attachment 94159 View attachment 94160 View attachment 94161 View attachment 94162 View attachment 94163 View attachment 94164 View attachment 94165 View attachment 94166 View attachment 94167
Do they maintain Life Leach when you add Chiv and AI?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the inspiration. I took spawn out of area and tamed quite a few very easy. Got one at 80% and one at 79% within the first half hour so I will consider myself lucky as I stayed an hour more and did not get anymore close to that. Can't wait until they bond, well I can as I am not paying for bonding potions. Look forward to seeing their performance once leveled. For those seeking to take the spawn out I advice taking the liches out the hidden door and one more, they started re-spawning in room if I took them farther. The good thing is if the wonder back they can't see the hidden door to open it.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I have 2, one with AI/life leech/Chiv and one with AI/life leech/necro.

The necro one is disappointing, but I love my Chiv one despite how short he is on points. I think they were both around 80% when fresh tamed. In theory I think the Chiv one would be VERY good if I had a 120 wrestling scroll and 120 chiv scroll on him.

I have a 120 chiv scroll now, just not sure which of my pets I want to put it on-my prepatch WW and Nightmare need it too.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have 2, one with AI/life leech/Chiv and one with AI/life leech/necro.

The necro one is disappointing, but I love my Chiv one despite how short he is on points. I think they were both around 80% when fresh tamed. In theory I think the Chiv one would be VERY good if I had a 120 wrestling scroll and 120 chiv scroll on him.

I have a 120 chiv scroll now, just not sure which of my pets I want to put it on-my prepatch WW and Nightmare need it too.
PP WW wins!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bonded them last night and got the 71 and 74% ones trained to first level. I have not put on points. I am hoping to get the pathetic skilled things to GM skills before I need to build the first round. I hope I can do 2 at a time on the Shadow Ele. Right now they have to be on Slimes because they are 40 skill,

upload_2019-2-17_15-31-25.png

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I bonded them last night and got the 71 and 74% ones trained to first level. I have not put on points. I am hoping to get the pathetic skilled things to GM skills before I need to build the first round. I hope I can do 2 at a time on the Shadow Ele. Right now they have to be on Slimes because they are 40 skill,

View attachment 94536
Gregorio?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Slimes to get above 50. Took them to 60 wrestling 52 tact. Now they are on a shadow ele. I clear the area. Take my archer to kill the ones that don't match skills. I found a 72 wrest 70 tactics Ele. and a 90/90 ele. for later if needed.

The one taking damage is 74/65 now, the other is 3 points higher... The ele is now 82/78 so it will take them to 100 if I don't die of boredom.

I should have made one 3 slot and set the phy resist to 80 and had him tank. I have to run Consume and GoR to keep his HP up. But thats no prob.

After built I will use Gregorio for Chiv skilling. He takes pets to 110 eventually. (no discord)
I can leave a pet on him and go shoot Cupid Arrows at K on Atlantic.

If I weren't lazy I would bring my Miner to make some shadow ingots that I looted while killing them.

upload_2019-2-17_17-15-23.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finished there was gonna set up resist training but the Binders were not there so I had to kill stuff till they came out.

The tanker finished with 100/98.6 72 parry the other 100/97.7 45 Parry. Lost time at the Binders so im doing a whisper on another pet on other account. Then Ill take the Rams.

Got the Resist up to 100 on both. Now i'll take them one at a time to the slugs to get Parry to 100.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got the melee skills and Resist to 100. Decided to go ahead and train another level. First went to Mage. Got 50% but two others showed up so I decided to try Navrey. That was a mess. I gave it 80 phy, 80 Fire, 75 Energy resist rest in Str and some HP. I had to run consume and bandage as fast as I could. Even when it ran Bodyguard it was losing HP like crazy. I got webbed away so it died before I returned. Got back on her and about 80% another player came in. Then at 85% Don brought some Triceratops he is testing. Next time I got webbed away Don stepped in to save it. Navrey kept attacking it even with the two other pets there and pets flying all over the place. So I got it to 100%. Yay

Since the Life Leech is going to have to save it. I decided to add AI/Chiv now. You have to add the Chivalry first. Then you can add AI. Now it will stay on Gregorio for a while until the chiv is up. Too many players on the mage and Navrey to try to get the last level.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I am done with this thing. Here it is:

upload_2019-3-3_22-25-9.png

My conclusion is the same as it was two years ago. This pet needs more points on it's build.

Life Leech is not as effective as healing, the pitiful thing needs more HP and HP regen.

If you want to constantly run consume and GoR and toss it heals you will like this pet.

It kills stuff just like any pet but it needs constant attention to stay alive.

Contrary to others who stated it would be OP with HP and HP regen. You are wrong.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok I am done with this thing.
Genuine question here, as I've been playing around with these myself. Just glancing at that Ram, 350 HP and only a 110 Chiv scroll? where have all the TP gone on it? It's like it's missed a round of training compared to the pet stats linked by PlayerSkillFTW near the top of this thread.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is enough points left for scrolls. So the build would be like this with 120 scrolls. Like his has room.

This was the second best one I could find. It also needs more stam regen, it loses stam on every hit it takes.

My main point is towards those that argue about it not needing a better build because it would be overpowered. See what you think when you are finished.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It IS a shame. They made this awesomely looking pet, gave it some nice potential for magic and moves, and it is hopelessly gimped. First off they should be rideable. But before even that they need to give it more points or it is hopeless. Thanks for testing Pawain, your work is very much appreciated. Saves lots of time spent on these poor things.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ahh, ok, my head was hurting trying to do the math! :D

I did train one up, I just found the Life Leech very underwhelming, it took no less healing than any other pet I had without it, so I scrapped it. Oh, and because I couldn't mount it too. :p

It was one of the reasons I questioned the tool tip of the pet Life Leech ability a while back in another thread because it never looked like it ever gained any significant health back on BIG hits through Chiv/AI.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Not sure why your experience with life leech is different than mine. My AI/Chiv ram heals itself very well. Mine isn't scrolled at all, but has saved TP for them. I'll have to see if I can try posting it's lore page. I agree more TP would be nice for the ram, they need to change the way inherent necro affects pet slots.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Life Leech is not as effective as healing, the pitiful thing needs more HP and HP regen.
Mine has 500 HP and 20 HP regen. Can't remember if it has 5 stamina regen or not. In any case, having more HP and HP regen helps.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine has 500 HP and 20 HP regen. Can't remember if it has 5 stamina regen or not. In any case, having more HP and HP regen helps.
Yes with the HP regeneration it would be better. This is not a thread about Rams in general . It is a continuation of arguing about them being overpowered by having a better build.

I have seen no reason these pets would be over powered with 600 hp and all the regens.

I fought things with ???? HP and no poison or cold damage.
I did not take it to an allosaurus. It can kill a para balron but it needs heals or GoR along with consume.

I'm sure this pet would be fine fighting things on the first level of Destard.

If I make an info thread about Rams I would show what it could fight without extra interaction. I try to make info threads about pets that can be used everywhere.

I could see the leech work. But the things I fought had resists and could hit back hard.

I also took it in group fights. It did fine when not targeted. The damage output is like any well built pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Yes with the HP regeneration it would be better. This is not a thread about Rams in general . It is a continuation of arguing about them being overpowered by having a better build.

I have seen no reason these pets would be over powered with 600 hp and all the regens.

I fought things with ???? HP and no poison or cold damage.
I did not take it to an allosaurus. It can kill a para balron but it needs heals or GoR along with consume.

I'm sure this pet would be fine fighting things on the first level of Destard.

If I make an info thread about Rams I would show what it could fight without extra interaction. I try to make info threads about pets that can be used everywhere.

I could see the leech work. But the things I fought had resists and could hit back hard.

I also took it in group fights. It did fine when not targeted. The damage output is like any well built pet.
I agree that giving the ram more HP/Mana/regens would in no way make the ram over powered. Not even close. IMO the caps that are in place limit us from making an OP pet. Not sure why we can't just train every pet to caps that are already in place. Not going to make my pets hit any harder than they already do.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree that giving the ram more HP/Mana/regens would in no way make the ram over powered. Not even close. IMO the caps that are in place limit us from making an OP pet. Not sure why we can't just train every pet to caps that are already in place. Not going to make my pets hit any harder than they already do.
OMG I finally have someone agree with that idea.

You will soon be hated by the Ks for that idea.

Such an easy way to make all the 5 slot pets useable.

And if it took buying a $5 token to get another round, I would buy many.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
OMG I finally have someone agree with that idea.

You will soon be hated by the Ks for that idea.

Such an easy way to make all the 5 slot pets useable.

And if it took buying a $5 token to get another round, I would buy many.
Well maybe someone can explain to me how getting a pet to caps is OP, but I really don't see how since we're limited in how many abilities we can add to a pet and which abilities are available. Also caps in place on all stats-it's not like I can give a pet 1000 STR or 100 HP Regen or something crazy like that. Doesn't seem fair I can get to caps or very nearly so on some pets and not even close on others, yet they do same damage, or in some cases like my Unicorn with magery mastery or my necromage dreadspider, they do less.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pawain you just have terrible reading comprehension.

@SouthPaw ram is already at the 8800 intensity cap for trained animals. Only thing above it are legacies, nontrainable pets and the vollem (but that was probably just an oversight). Now increasing the power of actually under intensity animals I think would be a good thing, but with the current the way the ram is designed and the points distributed, the ram isn't one of them. For actual under intensity animals, look at the bake kitsune, elemental drakes and even the fire steed. That doesn't mean you cannot make a good one of those animals, their intensity is just out of line of other animals.

Power isn't about just dps. You let every pet get 1000 health and you are creating no downside to animals. Tamers powercreep just increases, allows them to do more things without ever having to interact with the animal. That's not what taming should be.

The system could use some fixes, having every animal cap out everything isn't one of them.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I understand intensity, I get it, the way inherent necro is calculated in doesn't feel right to me unless you actually activate necro on the pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@K Thank you.

I stand on the side of caps vs intensity. The base pet will do the same damage.