• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu

Wharton

Adventurer
Does anyone ever put magery on a Cu? Is it even possible? All the ones I see either have disco or chivalry.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
At a cost of 1501 points to add magery mastery, it’s rather expensive given that magery mastery is meh at best. If you want to try a different magic, try mysticism

Wharton

Adventurer
Thanks for the response! I was thinking about magery, but not the mastery since it is bugged. I didn't realize that it took so many points.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can’t add plain magery to any pet. Only the pets that are “born” with magery can have it. So you’re only option is magery mastery

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Does anyone ever put magery on a Cu? Is it even possible? All the ones I see either have disco or chivalry.
Magery Mastery for Cus=worthless at this time, plus scroll 120 for magery will cost you plenty for a useless pet. (May have some value for PvP but not too sure). There are better magery options for Cus. If you like magery, try nightmare, a GD, etc. Other magics may be a lot better to add to a Cu.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I have a Margery Mastery Cu for pirate ship hunting. He teleports onto the pirate ship and chomps away.

Sadly he won't teleport onto the beacon... That was the reason I made him after reading a forum post of a Stygian drake doing it. Seems this teleporting onto the beacon was nerfed quite a while back.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Excellent idea for a 5 slot though -away pet like a Cu to put MM on it and use it this way. Unless one put PS on it. I will try it.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Put Magery Mastery on 1st. I mucked my one up so he doesn't do max damage. I wasn't too fussed about power scrolls.

I have another Cu that I will use to make another pirate hunter. Maybe there might be some points for a 105 wrestle...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Put Magery Mastery on 1st. I mucked my one up so he doesn't do max damage. I wasn't too fussed about power scrolls.

I have another Cu that I will use to make another pirate hunter. Maybe there might be some points for a 105 wrestle...
What is your Pirate Hunter Cus build? MM/AI/Goo? or MM/FzWW/Goo?
Ty for info.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Best pet for Magery Mastery, is a Serpentine Dragon. They can spawn with up to 1,040 INT (way over the 700 cap), which also means up to 1,040 Mana right off the bat. The higher INT not only improves their mana regeneration rate, but it also boosts the damage of their Mind Blast significantly. They're like the Arch Mage of pets. However, even with 1,040 INT/1,500 Mana/30 MR/120 Med/120 Focus, a MM Serpentine Dragon will eventually run out of Mana if it continues blasting, and even with 1,040 INT/120 Magery/120 Eval it's damage output still doesn't compete against that of a 120 Chiv+AI pet.
The only time my MM Serpentine Dragon gets use, is when i'm hunting down Orc Ships to level low-slot pets on a Dread Pirate. I'll use the Serpentine Dragon to teleport onto the Orc Ship and kill the Orcs, then i'll recall out, stable him, and grab whatever pet i'm gonna level on the Dread Pirate.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
As I said earlier I mucked my one up.
586 HP, 150 Stam, 404 Mana
700 Str, 150 Dex, 370 Int
20 HPR, 3 SR, 30 MR
80, 80, 76, 44, 85 resists
21-28 base damage
And only Magery Mastery, Healing, Bleed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a planner that I'm mucking about with a spare Cu I have... It's not great - 553 HP, 609 Str, so not a lot of points to really get everything maxxed. Got 105 wrestling and 120 magery. Still playing around with this planner.

A current 2 slot Nightmare would make a much better magery mastery pet. They have dragon breath for distance so they tele to a ship very fast.

They just take a while to kill the dread pirate.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
That planner is just that... planning... I haven't actually got this Cu very far on the 1st training level... 5.68% I think... so not sure what I'm going to do with him.

As for the Nightmare.... True... but I like the Healing skill on the Cu... so I can meander around the pirate ship looting the corpses and chests and go back and forth loading onto my ship while he chomps away and teleports back onto the ship when I move back to mine to unload.

I'm just playing around with different ideas and not using any scrolls so not costing anything except some time and a stable slot.

But I'm not doing beacons or much pirating since my pets can't teleport onto the beacon which was the sole reason I bothered making a magery mastery pet in the 1st place. I don't know why the dev's nerfed this