• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu with Chiv, AI and Goo - experiences?

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 4 slot Cu with AI, GOO. Soon I'll be going for 5 slots and add chiv and finish the training. I'm contemplating on investing heavily on the training. (120 scrolls) Before doing so, I'd like to hear experiences from those who have used such animal with the same ability combo already.

I'm already quite happy with it's AOE abilities.. but seems the A.I of pet isn't too well equipped to handle AI too well. ie when fighting Navery, the wolf spams Goo happily enough, at expense of AI. So ay, more than anything I'd like to hear of your experiences when it comes to single target capabilities of such beast when fully trained. Do they often use AOE at wrong time&place?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As long as your pet has Aggro it will cast goo. I would not 120 scroll out a chiv/ai/goo pet. chiv will cast enemy of one, goo will attempt to aggro everything it can from off the screen. Goo will be used at the expense of ai. I would do (and have done) chiv/ai dog. But that is me.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've found that my Chiv/AI cu no longer uses it's healing skill unless it's trying to heal me, it does close wounds. Ever since I added Chiv, his healing has not gone up AT ALL and I was rather disappointed :/

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have a 4 slot Cu with AI, GOO.
It's all about personal taste so you will probably get a lot of differing opinions. My opinion? I utterly despise Chiv on a Cu. The only way I would use it is if I was doing a "target specific" pet (ie a Lady Mel Cu etc). If there was any other types of spawn around I would avoid Chiv, at least until they take a stab at tweaking the ai (artificial intel) some. Cu's love to cast EoO when multiple types of spawn is around and as a result get their butts handed to them. Took one to Mel, when the Satyr popped the dang Cu cast EoO then attacked the Satyr killing it quickly... then Mel tore it a new butthole right between it's eyeballs.....

That situation alone is good enough for me not to stick Chiv on a Cu but when you add in the fact of how it utterly burns through mana using Chiv and also how they seldom hit AI (Armor Ignore) because they are too busy casting Chiv instead it only intensifies my aversion to it. I stick to a straight AI Cu (even without Goo) and imo the damage done over the course of a boss fight is much greater due to AI hitting way more frequent...

But imo the straight AI Cu based solely on damage done can honesty not hold a candle to the AI/AP (armor ignore/armor pierce) combo of the Naja ;)

I've found that my Chiv/AI cu no longer uses it's healing skill unless it's trying to heal me, it does close wounds. Ever since I added Chiv, his healing has not gone up AT ALL and I was rather disappointed :/
Yeah once you throw Chiv on them they are done training healing unless you take them to the Rotting Corpses, make it attack one.. then tell it to "Follow Me"... "Stop" and "Stay". Once you do that they just stand there, do not attack, do not cast and only heal through whatever the RC does to it.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been using a Chivalry cu thru the invasions and the sorcerer's dungeon events and love it. Only a few times did EoO get my pet into trouble, that is more a picking the right fight for the pet and knowing your pets limits issue.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That situation alone is good enough for me not to stick Chiv on a Cu but when you add in the fact of how it utterly burns through mana using Chiv and also how they seldom hit AI (Armor Ignore) because they are too busy casting Chiv instead it only intensifies my aversion to it. I stick to a straight AI Cu (even without Goo) and imo the damage done over the course of a boss fight is much greater due to AI hitting
That is a very fair assessment. Sometimes Just AI is the best dps increase you can do for an animal. However, sometimes a skill is picked for its utility, such as chiv's heal/cleansing abilities.

But chiv is really hit or miss. Will that Balron die in three hits or will it take 10-12.

Yeah once you throw Chiv on them they are done training healing unless you take them to the Rotting Corpses, make it attack one.. then tell it to "Follow Me"... "Stop" and "Stay". Once you do that they just stand there, do not attack, do not cast and only heal through whatever the RC does to it.
Discord, poisoner, all stop also works and can be done from your own home.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That is a very fair assessment. Sometimes Just AI is the best dps increase you can do for an animal. However, sometimes a skill is picked for its utility, such as chiv's heal/cleansing abilities.
Agreed.. for me, anytime I need to worry about cleansing ability (ie posion) I leave the Cu in the stall and grab the AI/AP Naja with it's poison immunity. They make a tamers life easier than the Cu imo.. just wish you could ride them lol. That is the biggest advantage to the Cu imo.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you want a pure single target pet then ya may wish to build and scroll a diff type , but that being said...the goo, ai, chiv cu is one of my favorite builds...Its a fine balance of strong single target and aoe... Oh course for it to truly shine it has to be taken to all 120s like mine is ... this adds more duration and power to the moves..and it must be at least a 4.2 or it falls abit short on stats.. while its not quite as bursty as my pure ai chiv lesser hiryu ,I often use it down in sage and at fel spawn... once his skills are closer to 120 the ui changes abit and you will find that while he does use goo from time to time on single target its no where near the lvl it did at lower skill lvls... that just been my exp with my fully 120ed one.( goo is tuned very well on some pets and super poor on others.. some like the banes dragons will hardly ever use it on single target.. while other use it as much as other moves). if you like I will make a copy of it to test and you can take it for a test drive and see if it fits your playstyle before investing in one on live..It if you do make one of these make sure you give it at least 5-9 stam regen to counter the ene of one stam lose .. hope this helps =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as your pet has Aggro it will cast goo.
Im in sorc dun with a Goo lesser with mysticism. It runs around attacking and getting a new target every time it casts. Then the screen where I am fills up and my pet is somewhere on the other side.

Have to have a contained crowd to use Goo IMO.

I didnt add an area to my main Chiv pets.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the feedback all. Proving very hard to decide which pet to invest on next, heh.

Come to think of it, which pets do you folks usually go " all in" on? I would imagine most people here can't afford a stable full of 120-trained animals. Not just yet anyway! So what sort of top-3 fully trained pet priority list would you have?

My first and only fully trained (all 120s)one is a Bushi&Ai Lesser Hiry, I'm quite happy with it. Feels very..reliable, good single target damage, AoE that doesn't eat all of it's mana away and takes some savage beating to boot. Poison is pure poison for it though.

Last edited: