• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CU vrs Fire Beetle at Narvey

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't do math gud and it is very inaccurate based on bias of the mathist. I want to see for myself, pet vrs pet, which works better. So I took my CU and Fire Beetle to Narvey and had them tank the boss by them selves with no help from me except consume, no rock trick. I know there are resist types bla bla bla. But here were the numbers.

---------------------

CU 700 Str, 707 HP, 120 Wrestling, 120 Tactics, 120 Resist, 120 Anatomy, 120 focus, 120 Med, 120 Parry, 102 Healing, 112 Chivalry. AI/Chivalry... 20 HP Regen, 5 Sta Regen, 30 Mana Regen, Max damage, Max everything possible.

I died once due to bad luck (hard to die at Narvey) and had to run back to fountain for rez and maybe lost 30 seconds to summon pet and run back.

1st Run It took 40 minutes to kill Narvey and I did not have to heal once but used consume.

2nd Run it took 36 minutes

------------------
CU 700 Str, 700 HP, 120 Wrestling, 120 Tactics, 95 Resist, 120 Anatomy, 120 focus, 120 Med, 120 Parry, 96 Healing, 115.6 Discordance. AI/Disco... 20 HP Regen, 5 Sta Regen, 30 Mana Regen, Max damage, Max everything possible.

1st run was 43 minutes.

2nd run (AFTER raising Discordance to 119.1) 39 minutes.
-----------------

Fire Beetle 678 Str, 850 HP, 20 HP Regen, 5 Sta Regen, 30 Mana Regen, 120 Wrestling, 120 Focus 120 Meditation, 120 Tactics, 97 Resist, 116 Anatomy, 119 Parry, AI/RC, Max damage, Max everything possible.

1st Run: It took 33 minutes to kill Narvey and I had to heal 3 times when the Fire Beetle got down to 50-60% hit points.

2nd Run: 28 minutes

------------------

Lesser Hiyro (AOE Build) 695 Strength, 850 HP, 120 Wrestling, 120 Tactics, 112Resist, 120 Anatomy, 120 focus, 120 Med, 120 Parry, 102 Healing, 116 Bushido. Goo/Bushido... 20 HP Regen, 10 Sta Regen, 30 Mana Regen, Max damage, Max everything possible.

It took 52 minutes and I had to heal the same as the Fire Beetle. This was expected but I was hoping the AOE build would be closer. Sadly, AOE is obsolete when the boss shows up. Not sure it is worth taking an AOE pet when there is competition for drops. Maybe if no one will ever show up and you can go slow.
------------------

Boura 700 Strength, 850 HP, 100 Wrestling, 100 Tactics, 90 Resist, 100 Anatomy, 100 focus, 100 Med, 100 Parry, Wrestling Mastery/Tail Swipe/Disarm/Paralize... 20 HP Regen, 10 Sta Regen, 30 Mana Regen, Max damage, Max everything possible (1476 EXTRA Training Points)

1st Run 44 Minutes

2nd Run 49 Minutes

I really want to like Wrestling Mastery. This pet never runs out of mana and is no better or worse a tank then the other pets. Wondering if 120 Tactics, Wrestling, Anatomy will boost damage enough to make it worth scrolling. Maybe one day but not being ridable it is hard to justify the cost.

--------------

Raptalon 700 Str, 820 HP, 1000 mana, 20 HP Regen, 5 Sta Regen, 30 Mana Regen, 120 Wrestling, 120 Focus, 120 Meditation, 120 Tactics, 105 Resist, 120 Anatomy, 120 Parry, 89 Chivalry, Chiv/AI/DB/Para, Max damage, Max everything possible.

72 minutes it was down to 4% and out of boredom I blasted it to death. Granted Narvey's resist counter the Raptalon's damage type and Chiv was only 89, BUT OMG the Raptalon was horrible. I will try again after Chiv goes up but the pet was way worse then an AOE built Lesser Hiyru.

-------------------

Oh course I can go on how Fire Beetle is fire damage and Narvy has low fire resists..bla bla bla. But For Narvey, the Fire Beetle wins with speed but needs a few heals. The Lesser Hiyro (AOE) build did not perform well and it did not get very high damage hits. Can't wait to try the Reptalon. I will try other bosses for fun and see if there is a clear winner. Right now I prefer the Fire Beetle. The Boura is nice and could turn into a solid pet with all the extra training points. I just struggle if scrolling him is worth it for a pet you can't ride.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rune corruption works great. That makes a great pet to help with anything.

When the revamp first came out, we would have 3 to 5 people at Navrey training our pets. When we all reached max training we would call the players that normally killed Navrey to come kill it so we could get a new training round. Many did not have a taming 3 primer. We would constantly cast heals on whichever pet needed it.

Don's Fire Beetle was the first trained pet to actually kill Navrey on LS in a timely fashion. A few days later we did not have to call in help to kill her for a new one. Then we got our taming iii primers and did not have to cast heal all the time. Things have sure changed.

I am surprised you can get 40 mins alone with her.

I checked ours now: 3 are there and me. Fire steed, Nightmare, and a dog.

upload_2018-5-12_23-14-41.png

Last edited:

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Interesting retrospective on Narvey Pawain! I am not on Atlantic and it really is nice not having lines for bosses and I am more of a solo player. A few folks show up now and then and I give up the spawn after finishing my test. I got 2 Tangles today!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting retrospective on Narvey Pawain! I am not on Atlantic and it really is nice not having lines for bosses and I am more of a solo player. A few folks show up now and then and I give up the spawn after finishing my test. I got 2 Tangles today!
Im not on Atlantic. On LS we share Navrey. She belongs to all of us. If you get there and she is at 5% life. Go ahead and and put your pet on her. We will yell out in Chat, Tanking navrey, so if anyone has a low pet they can get some gains.

2 Tangles, pretty lucky!

Now there is the Fire Steed, a reptalon, a person in white tiger form, and North is there with a Swordsman and me.

She died in 4 mins. Have to finish my whisper at the slug pit.

The next one is up so the 3 slot steed is calling for a tank.

upload_2018-5-13_0-36-12.png

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rune Corruption is particularly powerful in a group setting, for it not only increases the damage of your own beetle, but also increases the damage of everyone else that's attacking the RC victim. This is why i use my RC+AI Fire Beetle (or Frost Mite) at my guild hunts most often, it provides a powerful buff to the entire group's damage, which far outweighs the increased damage output of a single Chiv pet.

For solo damage dealing however, the Wrest Mastery Fire Beetles are even more monstrous, especially against a creature with "lower" Fire Resist such as Navrey Night-Eyes (45-55) Fire Resist. The lower the creature's Fire Resist, the more monstrous a Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle becomes. Against a target with 30s Fire Resist, the Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle can randomly hit like a EoO+AI (180+), and deals gargantuan damage with a 3 hit Fists of Fury. I've seen that do 400+ damage total before in the Bar.

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would have never thought to even try wrestling mastery, let alone on a fire beetle. But now, I’m thinking about trying it!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Meanwhile (just ran the test after reading this),

Cu Disco/Mortal, 120 Wrestling/Disco, 115 tactics/focus, everything else 110. 700/150/776 HP/St/M, 700 STR (healing scrolled to 120 but is stuck at 110). Regens and damage maxed.

Letting the pet disco. Occasional bandages when between consumes (as I have 0 med or focus on the tamer). No "get out of jail free" options on the tamer (no stone boots, no acid poppers).

33 minutes, even with the pet getting teleported to the opposite side of the room a half-dozen times.

Gardo

Journeyman
Navs are so hard to gauge for kill speed because no two encounters are alike. You can definitely ballpark the kill-times but good lord, some battles I seem to be chasing my pet around the cave the whole encounter, reapplying disco over and over and over.... haha

My wife and I duo Nav several times a week and have used several different combos. Our go to pairing is my Chiv/AI Pup and her Goo/AI/RC/Poison Fire Beetle. My Cu is 120 scrolled and her beetle is 110 scrolled. Really fun combo...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Navs are so hard to gauge for kill speed because no two encounters are alike. You can definitely ballpark the kill-times but good lord, some battles I seem to be chasing my pet around the cave the whole encounter, reapplying disco over and over and over.... haha

My wife and I duo Nav several times a week and have used several different combos. Our go to pairing is my Chiv/AI Pup and her Goo/AI/RC/Poison Fire Beetle. My Cu is 120 scrolled and her beetle is 110 scrolled. Really fun combo...
The best thing about the pet having the disco applied to Navrey instead of you is that, if you keep Navrey near the middle, even if your pet gets sent off toward one of the walls, it doesn't lose the disco, and it doesn't have to be reapplied. The only time there's a danger of that with Navrey in the middle is if the pet gets sent down to the entrance corridor. But, if you fight Navrey close to one of the walls, you can lose the disco much more often. The same applies to player-applied disco, but the pet seems to be able to sustain it, and return quicker to the area to keep the disco going, better than any player - especially if you have the pet set to follow Navrey instead of you.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If only there wasn’t that 10-minute wait between spawns ... :bother:

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Meanwhile (just ran the test after reading this),

Cu Disco/Mortal, 120 Wrestling/Disco, 115 tactics/focus, everything else 110. 700/150/776 HP/St/M, 700 STR (healing scrolled to 120 but is stuck at 110). Regens and damage maxed.

Letting the pet disco. Occasional bandages when between consumes (as I have 0 med or focus on the tamer). No "get out of jail free" options on the tamer (no stone boots, no acid poppers).

33 minutes, even with the pet getting teleported to the opposite side of the room a half-dozen times.
Sounds like the Disco/Mortal CU is the best CU combo so far. Ties a Fire Beetle wit AI/CR. I am going to try to get my Raptalon leveled up today and see how it compares and will run another round of tests to see how valid my first atempt was. If anyone else want to try the callenge with their favorite pets I would appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I go with a Disco Tamer and an AI/Chiv fire damage Crimson Drake. Absolutely destroys Navrey. Being discord with EoO the normal attacks do 90+ with AI hitting for 180+ plus the occasional fire breath.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ties a Fire Beetle wit AI/Chiv.
Fire Beetles can't learn Chiv.

I go with a Disco Tamer and an AI/Chiv fire damage Crimson Drake. Absolutely destroys Navrey. Being discord with EoO the normal attacks do 90+ with AI hitting for 180+ plus the occasional fire breath.
Yep. I also have Chiv/AI Drakes of every Element for specialized hunting, and they do a lot of damage. I use a Disco/Tamer as well.
I took my Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle down to Navrey last night for a test after i posted. I discorded Navrey, and set my Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle on her. The Beetle's normal attack was doing 80 damage minimum per hit, was frequently doing 120, did the occasional 160, and sometimes a 180-200 damage hit. Wrest Mastery causes their normal attack damage to fluctuate pretty wildly, with some real mac truck hits. The Fists of Fury were doing around 300+ total when all 3 hits landed. Mind you, my Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle has 120 Wrest/110 Tact/GM Anat, so there's still room for improving his damage when i get the PS.

Last edited:

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I need to start working on my RC-AI fire beetle for my stick throwing tamer. Archer/tamer build that already has a monstrous DPS but after this I think will be true potential of this template.

Just not a fan the first level of training the fire beetle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I need to start working on my RC-AI fire beetle for my stick throwing tamer. Archer/tamer build that already has a monstrous DPS but after this I think will be true potential of this template.
Just not a fan the first level of training the fire beetle
That sounds like an amazing combo!

fyi. I tried my Raptalon and it failed hard core at Narvey. Hoping for better performance against other bosses.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That sounds like an amazing combo!

fyi. I tried my Raptalon and it failed hard core at Narvey. Hoping for better performance against other bosses.
Have to get the Chivalry over 110. I keep saying, some pets are more squishy than others with the same resists and stats.

Keep going.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One thing I’ve learned about this template is the squishiness of my pets doesn’t matter as much because unless I’m doing a boss solo, i typically take down whatever I’m fighting so fast it doesn’t matter.

The other good thing is that cus have healing and I didn’t have to worry about that one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One thing I’ve learned about this template is the squishiness of my pets doesn’t matter as much because unless I’m doing a boss solo, i typically take down whatever I’m fighting so fast it doesn’t matter.

The other good thing is that cus have healing and I didn’t have to worry about that one.
Did you put your template in the sticky thread? Also would be nice to what level str, dex, int are. Stamina Mana

I swear someday Ill make a Archer pet user. I could see that taking out mobs real fast, if I use it correctly.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Link the thread and I will. And I use stones to alter it depending on the scenarios. One forgoes vet and chivalry in favor of healing skills an vice versa.
Took out Nav in about 5 min with this template. Was spending more time waiting on the spider to spawn than time killing it.
Also having a multi client bard with masteries running helps a lot of the DPS. Really depends on your play style. I’m in the process of doing a similar character with throwing so that I’m not movement restricted during battle with a 5 slot pet too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tamer Templates

Put a few builds on there then. Thanks

Link the thread and I will. And I use stones to alter it depending on the scenarios. One forgoes vet and chivalry in favor of healing skills an vice versa.
Took out Nav in about 5 min with this template. Was spending more time waiting on the spider to spawn than time killing it.
Also having a multi client bard with masteries running helps a lot of the DPS. Really depends on your play style. I’m in the process of doing a similar character with throwing so that I’m not movement restricted during battle with a 5 slot pet too.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you guys tried the Pryo technique over RC for targets with lower fire resist?

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have seen it and it works great, but I don’t have the resources To make a pet that specific. If I were to, that would be end game level pet. At the moment I’m focusing on putting together pets that i can use all around for a wide range of scenarios

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Inferno is the fire version of conductive blast. It works well, and stacks with Rune Corruption. But it’s main focal point would be solo play really. I play large group events, so it helps to have RC instead because it increases total damage taken. I also play multiple tamers at a time, often with different pets so I’d rather a higher damage output across the board than on a sole character.

Really up to personal choice. If I had the resources I’d make a bunch of pets for independent scenarios, but, alas, I do not.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really up to personal choice. If I had the resources I’d make a bunch of pets for independent scenarios, but, alas, I do not.
110 scrolls are cheap. 120 magic scrolls are not expensive. A Hawkwind would scroll a decent pet.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Inferno deals Fire Damage while lowering Fire Resist by 1/4th. Rune Corruption lowers all Resists by 1/2. Rune Corruption is stronger.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know they stack, but if you only have one pet with you, you're better off with a Rune Corruption Beetle than a Inferno pet.
He said he has a fire beetle with RC and inferno. So you don' have to just have one.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
He said he has a fire beetle with RC and inferno. So you don' have to just have one.
Said it had inferno and armor pierce is what I read. They are both in the spec abilities column so you only have one or the other to my knowledge.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know they stack, but if you only have one pet with you, you're better off with a Rune Corruption Beetle than a Inferno pet.
Said it had inferno and armor pierce is what I read. They are both in the spec abilities column so you only have one or the other to my knowledge.

My bad. My brain refused to understand a beetle not using rune corruption so I just figured it had both.

So, there is not fire damage pet that can use inferno other than the fire beetle.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone have better luck with different pet builds? I tried a Boura for fun with Wrestling Masters and it did ok. Just wondering if anyone had a great combo that did better then the ones I posted so I could try it out.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just learning the new pet training system, but two templates that I've liked there are:

Fire Steed - Armor Ignore, Mortal Strike, Dragon Breath, Chivalry
(Mortal Strike stops healing, but only works so so, not great, but I couldn't think of a better choice and anything to stop Navery healing is good. You get some damage bonuses off of it too, but nothing really that great.)

Nightmare - Armor Ignore, Dragon Breath, Magery

On both builds, try for max Strength and max Hit Points to help melee damage and dragon breath fireballs respectively.

I've tried Fire Beetle (Armor Ignore, Rune Corruption) but it seems slower.

Unicorn, I experimented around with, since they can't be poisoned and you can add dragon breath, but the melee damage types don't do well, and if you add chiv to try to get around it, you still aren't as good as the Fire Steed.

These pets were all with a tamer that uses Discord.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Fire Steed - Armor Ignore, Mortal Strike, Dragon Breath, Chivalry
(Mortal Strike stops healing, but only works so so, not great, but I couldn't think of a better choice and anything to stop Navery healing is good. You get some damage bonuses off of it too, but nothing really that great.)

Nightmare - Armor Ignore, Dragon Breath, Magery
Those are pets I have not been working. How long does it take for each pet to solo Narvey without any help? No disco or any pet buffs. Right now I am training a Disco/AI CU to see how long it takes. But his Disco is just up to 80... kind of a pain to raise but that will be the next pet I time against Narvey.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any chance of a link to videos please @Khaelor? I checked Youtube but the latest I can find is from 4 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thread has been cleaned up. Please keep all comments on topic without any personal attacks or insults. All posts that do not follow will be removed and warnings will be issued. Thanks for your understanding

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is that the first cleanup for personal attacks we have had in the tamer forum?

We had a good run. Have to reset the sign.

This forum has gone 380 1 day without a personal attack.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is that the first cleanup for personal attacks we have had in the tamer forum?

We had a good run. Have to reset the sign.

This forum has gone 380 1 day without a personal attack.
Sorry about that everyone. Where I am from we tend not to back down so are easily provoked. Thanks for cleaning up the thread Archnight and I am sorry you had to do it.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are pets I have not been working. How long does it take for each pet to solo Narvey without any help? No disco or any pet buffs. Right now I am training a Disco/AI CU to see how long it takes. But his Disco is just up to 80... kind of a pain to raise but that will be the next pet I time against Narvey.
I have no idea. My template has Disco on it, so I use it.

If you have a different template, what is the skill? It does seem like an option to replace the magery on a pet with Disco, if it frees up your template to run something else.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Best to put Disco on a pet that doesn't have a casting skill yet, like a cu - it's really not worth doing a swap.

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I trained up a Disco/AI CU and it took 43 minutes for it to kill Narvey. I am going to get all the pets to 120 on added skills (Disco, Chiv, etc) and do one more run with them all maxed. So far nothing is better then the Fire Beetle. Was hoping Disco was better but maybe it will shine at 120.

ps. I raised Disco on the CU to 119.1 and the time to kill Narvey dropped to 39 minutes. Still not great.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Rune Corruption is particularly powerful in a group setting, for it not only increases the damage of your own beetle, but also increases the damage of everyone else that's attacking the RC victim. This is why i use my RC+AI Fire Beetle (or Frost Mite) at my guild hunts most often, it provides a powerful buff to the entire group's damage, which far outweighs the increased damage output of a single Chiv pet.

For solo damage dealing however, the Wrest Mastery Fire Beetles are even more monstrous, especially against a creature with "lower" Fire Resist such as Navrey Night-Eyes (45-55) Fire Resist. The lower the creature's Fire Resist, the more monstrous a Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle becomes. Against a target with 30s Fire Resist, the Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle can randomly hit like a EoO+AI (180+), and deals gargantuan damage with a 3 hit Fists of Fury. I've seen that do 400+ damage total before in the Bar.
So Wres mastery is awesome then and does not have the negatives of Chiv EoO, so Wres mastery plus AI plus RC on fire beetle sound awesome..GJ! Do they proc Fists of fury often and do they suck up lots of mana? Also have you used Fire beetle with FzWW and RC? How does that work? Ty for info..

RunningMan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So Wres mastery is awesome then and does not have the negatives of Chiv EoO, so Wres mastery plus AI plus RC on fire beetle sound awesome..GJ! Do they proc Fists of fury often and do they suck up lots of mana? Also have you used Fire beetle with FzWW and RC? How does that work? Ty for info..
I would like to see if Wrestling Mastery gave a significant jump in performance. I tried to do it with a Boura and did not have much luck. But only raised skills to GM because it is not a ridable pet and I wanted to scroll a ridable pet for better utility.

Boura 700 Strength, 850 HP, 100 Wrestling, 100 Tactics, 90 Resist, 100 Anatomy, 100 focus, 100 Med, 100 Parry, Wrestling Mastery/Tail Swipe/Disarm/Paralize... 20 HP Regen, 10 Sta Regen, 30 Mana Regen, Max damage, Max everything possible (1476 EXTRA Training Points)

1st Run 44 Minutes

2nd Run 49 Minutes

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You have to chose Wrestle Mastery before you choose any other ability. If you choose another ability first you cannot choose Wrestle Mastery. Once you do chose Wrestle Mastery you cannot pick any other abilities. No RC, No AI. FWW damage is physical. Wrestle Mastery, in my experience, does not use a lot of mana. And from guildmates dps logs, similar damage type or same animals vs lower 20-50 resist mobs Chiv/AI will beat out Wrestle Mastery (without player using discord). Of course we will continue to test.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrest Mastery takes up all ability slots, you can't have Wrest Mastery+RC+AI. Wrest Mastery teaches Disarm and Paralyzing Blow, as well as allows the pet to use Rampage (increases HPR/SR/SSI with each successive hit, until it misses) and Fists of Fury (attempts to land 3 hits in one attack). Wrest Mastery also causes it's regular auto attacks to have a chance of dealing much higher damage (like twice as much sometimes). Fists of Fury use is fairly random. My Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle never runs low on Mana from what i've seen.

My Wrest Mastery Fire Beetle outperforms my Chiv+AI 100% Fire Crimson Drake in Bedlam. The only thing in Bedlam that it doesn't kill fast is Red Death (which has 90% Fire Resist), which is why i avoid pulling it when farming keys for Monstrous Interred Grizzle.

Last edited: