• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Training Selection, Round Two with Lots of Extra Points

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to every ones input, round one went great, I used 1500 out of the 1501 points. Other than adding a few more points to Max out Mana Regen, Stamina Regen, HP Regen, and Base Damage in round two, I only plan on adding Chivalry and Armor Ignore, (Can't afford to add scrolls to all the skills), which seems to leave me with a lot of points. I also got Stamina and Dexterity to 125 before increasing to 150 which helped on points. I am currently at 800 Hits, 150 Stamina, 400 Mana, 650 Strength, 150 Dexterity, 400 Intelligence, Mana Regen 20, and HP Regen 5. Resists are Physical 80, Fire 80, Cold 85, Poison 40, and Energy 80.

My questions are:

Is it worth taking Chivalry to 120?
As for extra points after I finish the Regens and Base Damage, should I just add what I can to Hits, Mana, Strength, and Intelligence? If so, how should any extra points be allocated based on the current Attributes?

Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes all magics except magery make a difference above 110. You should try to get at least 105s for the rest.
Your pet can last year's. Make it the best you can.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes all magics except magery make a difference above 110. You should try to get at least 105s for the rest.
Your pet can last year's. Make it the best you can.
Thanks for the reply! I was able to get 105 and 110 scrolls for Wrestling, Tactics, Resist, Anatomy, Healing, Parrying, Meditation, Focus, and all the scrolls for 120 Chivalry.
Can I add the Parrying scroll now, even though Parrying isn't showing yet?

Thanks

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so this pet will kill stuff just fine, but they are weapons for tamers, and like all craftsmen, you can optimize them.

so some suggestions for next time. str is more important than int. 700 is the cap.
regens,
20hpr (every bit helps, you won't always be there to heal)
5str (every big hit drops your pets stam, which reduces its swing speed)
30 mr( more mana regen, the longer you pet can do speacials)

stats, we usually suggest
700 str(all pets melee, so max str is a huge damage boost)
150 stam(swing speed)
150 dex (movement speed)
370 int

mana and hp are up to you (but i feel like i would get more bang for my buck in mana)

hope you enjoy your pets
:thumbsup:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it worth taking Chivalry to 120?
Yes. 120 Chiv is a big damage boost. EoO at GM Chiv gives +64% Damage. EoO at 120 Chiv gives +82% Damage. Chiv is THE Magic ability out of them all that you definitely want 120 on.
Stats should be 700 STR/150 DEX/370 INT. STR is vital for damage output. Make sure you max out Base Damage on it's last round of training, for 24-33 Base Damage.
You can always save TP to 120 skills for when you get the scrolls. That's what i do on all my pets.

mana and hp are up to you (but i feel like i would get more bang for my buck in mana)
Max Mana doesn't really matter that much. AI tends to blow through Mana fast on any pet, and at that point all that matters is how fast they can regen it back.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Max Mana doesn't really matter that much. AI tends to blow through Mana fast on any pet, and at that point all that matters is how fast they can regen it back.
Over a long fight, where you are soloing lady mel, or a roof boss, then yes.

Bit if you are training a pet for events, or grouo hunts where the boss goes down in a few minutes, then no. Like i had said, pets are our weapons, and they can be optimized.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Over a long fight, where you are soloing lady mel, or a roof boss, then yes.

Bit if you are training a pet for events, or grouo hunts where the boss goes down in a few minutes, then no. Like i had said, pets are our weapons, and they can be optimized.
I hunt with the largest guild in all of UO (we've had 30+ guildies at our Scalis hunts recently), able to drop most big bosses in a couple minutes, and even then, the pet will mana dump. I've seen Chiv+AI WWs spam AI and go from full Mana to fumes within 15 seconds (no joke). AI is a mana hog on any pet.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, AI costs 30 mana per shot. They can use it every 2 seconds, baring other abilities(healing or chiv).

So if you have 300 mana your pet can use it 10 times. In 20 seconds. No other abilities used, looking at about 150 damage on a decent hit. So 1500 damage, then waiting to regen.

My dog finished with 900 mana, so could keep AI up in same conditions for 40 more seconds.(this is not a very decent scenario, because of healing and chiv, but i want to get this point across)

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, this really does depend on how comfortabke you are with hitpoints and healing.

Some pets can get max hp, and mana, some cannot.

So enjoy your pet, and happy hunting.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hits and mana should be the last thing you add points to each round of training because they are the least important stats. I don't know why people think you need 800+ hits or 1000+ mana on a pet that is properly trained. At a minimum I always do 120 wrestling and 120 of whatever magic I put on a pet as well.