• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe Skill Selection (Spellweaving, Disco, AI, Bladeweave)

Finegold

Journeyman
hi folks. First serious training, and have reached level 1 (3 -->4)

I am looking for a tanking pet... have read all the threads here.

Will be maxing out Hit Points
Up'ing two resists to 80%

I'm thinking Id like him to have spellweaving, but then I saw disco and I was like Oooo... amd then I read all about people putting AI on it, and then bladeweave to replace bleed... (that seems to costs a lot of points).

Its all a little overwhelming. So I didnt do anything. I did copy myself and pet over to test, but am wondering if anyone has tried Spellweaving or Disco on a Cu Sidhe...

Was thinking of him more as a tanking pet, so maybe little mana... so perhaps SW not so grate... I kinda like the sound of disco (lol), but does that seriously work with a Cu Sidhe? hes got no music!

looking for template help I guess for a PvM taking Cu Sidhe

[Perhaps I go so simple and just add AI and leave all other specials]

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, i would go with bladeweave to remove bleed and then add an aoe (preferably goo) and spellweaving
Could you or OP (or anyone!) expand a bit on this please? I assume the reasoning is that Bladeweave is less of a mana sink than bleed? Or are there some other less obvious synergies or reasons to do this?`Would a Bladeweave/AI/Chiv cu work out?
If one is to replace bleed with bladeweave, what is the exact order in which to pick the specials in AI/Chiv/Bladeweave scenario?

I'm currently contemplating between AI/Chiv Lesser Hiry and Cu, can't pick!

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any move that is on the Bladeweave list, should you choose it, cannot also be given as a special move.

Thus, you cannot have Bladeweave and Armor Ignore, or Bladeweave and Feint, etc etc

Finegold

Journeyman
Also bladeweave costs 500 points, AI costs 100 points.

Im guessing bleed is bad enoughvdame to consider replacing it.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any move that is on the Bladeweave list, should you choose it, cannot also be given as a special move.

Thus, you cannot have Bladeweave and Armor Ignore, or Bladeweave and Feint, etc etc
Ah..right. Duh. Should sometimes browse the menus before asking questions. Just that my Cu doesn't have access to it.

What @Finegold just pointed out is a high price to be sure though, even for a Goo Cu. Bleed is really considered bad enough for a 500 point buyout? Dang.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My tank Cu does fine with 700 hit points, max mana regen, and 120 healing. My resists are 80/80/65/65/75. Chivalry also seems to help.

If you're going to be playing an active tamer mage who can cast heal and use bandaids when needed, and you're also using level 3 mastery for Consume damage... you will be golden.

Armor Ignore also seems to go best with Chivalry. If this is your first Cu, don't put on a casting ability like Mysticism or Spellweaving just yet. Pass on your Area Effect Ability as well. Try that with your next Cu.

Good luck.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a CU as tank for my archer.
Since consume damage aren't an option due to low mana, i did give my CU around 1k hp. and only special it has is AI.
I'm quite happy with the pet. When the pet gets low health i just mounts it, and run away.
He can tank niera, rikkitor just to name a few.
The template i use on pet is
resist 80/80/85/38/82.
1000 HP
700 str,
150 dex
300 ish int
20 mana regen
10 stam regen
10 hp regen
AI Special.
Scrolled to 120 in everything.
Poison really issn't an issues, since the pet cures fast.

On a template with access to magery, i find 700-750hp to be fine, since you can heal it. Most of my CUs have 700hp.

Finegold

Journeyman
Re: Bladweave

So.... (on November 6, 2017), I added Bladeweave to my new Coo She and at first it did not appear to replace bleed at all. It gave 40 bushido and 1 ninjitsu though.

Then I took him out training for the 4 > 5 level and her still had bleed for a little bit. After he hit about 25% bleed dropped off. lol. currently Bush is still at 40 and ninjitsu is 3

Hoping I can add Whirlwind at level 5.

Finegold

Journeyman
Cant add whirlwind. But I can add Explosive Goo and Inferno (with Bladeweave)..... never tried inferno. Anyone tried that? Any good AOE?

Guessing if I choose nerve strike or Armor Ignore (in the same list as Bladeweave) it might replace bladeweave?

Have to wait 24 hours before recopy self to test.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guessing if I choose nerve strike or Armor Ignore (in the same list as Bladeweave) it might replace bladeweave?
Things you add from the special abilities will not go away unless you change a magic ability that they depend on.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I use a CU as tank for my archer.
Since consume damage aren't an option due to low mana, i did give my CU around 1k hp. and only special it has is AI.
I'm quite happy with the pet. When the pet gets low health i just mounts it, and run away.
He can tank niera, rikkitor just to name a few.
The template i use on pet is
resist 80/80/85/38/82.
1000 HP
700 str,
150 dex
300 ish int
20 mana regen
10 stam regen
10 hp regen
AI Special.
Scrolled to 120 in everything.
Poison really issn't an issues, since the pet cures fast.

On a template with access to magery, i find 700-750hp to be fine, since you can heal it. Most of my CUs have 700hp.
What is its manna pool? (manna)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Re: Bladweave

So.... (on November 6, 2017), I added Bladeweave to my new Coo She and at first it did not appear to replace bleed at all. It gave 40 bushido and 1 ninjitsu though.

Then I took him out training for the 4 > 5 level and her still had bleed for a little bit. After he hit about 25% bleed dropped off. lol. currently Bush is still at 40 and ninjitsu is 3

Hoping I can add Whirlwind at level 5.
WOW.. thats nice to hear... so Bladeweave can remove bleed? That is good news if standard feature, rather than random bug?...

Finegold

Journeyman
Decided to go Bladeweave - explosive goo.

Have spellweave - Armor Ignor on another one

third Cu will be poison i think.

Omg! Am I addicted?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not till you fill your stable with trained pets and use the magencia vendor for overflow.

upload_2017-11-11_18-35-3.png

Then you make another tamer on your account to hold stuff. Then you make a tamer on your other account to hold more.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Given that Bladeweave costs so much, would it be a waste to pair it with spellweaving?

I'm thinking no, as that's almost one round of points but thought I'd ask just the same.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
fyi

I own Disco - 650 hp 440 mana (500 int) max str,stam/dex, damage, resists + 20hpr, 10sr, 30mr cu sidhe with all 120 skills and he can easily solo grizzle/melisa just with Consume Damage and eating popcorn ;)

My opinion is tha Disco cu sidhe is the best universal option for any type of casting or shooting tamer.
He is tanky and disco just talks for itself since pets Disco works exactly like when you train up 120 Music/120 Disco on your character so all endgame monsters will be much weaker and saving 240 skill points on tamer (if you want to have disco on tamer) is awesome!

If I will ever get some high rated pure white Cu Sidhe ill try to make Bladeweave Disco Cu.. Having Bushido trained up to 120 will be such a huge bonus for the whole tankiness of Cu Sidhe!

note: sadly i gave my cu Conductive strike and couldnt gave him AI after *sad* but on the other side thanks to not having AI my cu sidhes mana is used so well that he is able to disco monsters nonstop (his healing seems to be up everytime also) and since im an spellweaving tamer archer i love to have a pet that can sustain a lot so i can just ai spam targets.. :)

Finegold

Journeyman
OMG @Paiwan - now thats commitment. If thats my benchmark,.... I'm good. Lol.

Disco dog i just have to try, Great feedback on that, thx. So...
  • No Armor Ignore on Disco dog? Thinking that might sVe mana usage for disco?
  • And whats the thinking behjnd taking INT to 500?
  • Guessing hp and mana at a lower level than what i see others have allowed you to add 120s and the 20HPR?
Not sure about SW and Bladeweave, im gussing two weaves are better than one. I added Goo to my Bladeweave CooShe. But i did paid Armor Ignore with spellweave and so its pretty good... cant wait to traing sw up a bit. Hoping it word of deaths big badies. Still low so haven't field tested.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
500 int? When you have 120 medit and focus you will have +- 4mr/s and every 300 int is another 1mr/s so i added last free points to get bit more mana regen :)

Exactly not having AI makes your pet use disco much more when hes low on mana.

I dont think you need more then 500-600 mana ever. Maybe on some really mana hungry pets but basically you will still drain all the mana and end up on "0" waiting for regen to work so i raised regens the most i could with points i had.

Bladeweave have some noce moves but its more about that its super cheap move and you will get passive bushido. (120 passive bushido gives you +-10% parry bonus)
Frenzied whirlwind gives damage AF into groups or solo monster and is also awesome but passive ninjitsu doesnt give you anything.

Just now im using Necromage Mare with frenzied whirlwind all 120 (except of necro, tactics, magery because of points) and i jsut have 300 int 450 hp 250 str and 460 mana

Still nice area/single target damage thanks to whirlwind and using nice burst spells.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
WOW! Thats great news! You mean that the passive bushido of bladeweaving is actually there and working for confidence and parry? I was under the impression that the pet needed to be Tokuno type pet (L. Hiriu etc??) Is this true? Not to mention that bladeveaving removes bleed attack from the Cusidhes? Is that also real? Thanks for info..

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The parry bonus seems to be there, but not any "spells" like confidence, etc on a non-tokuno pet.

Yes, bladeweave still removes bleed last I did it. Bushido goes up unbelievably slow though with
only bladeweave occasionally doing a bushido special. I found adding feint a better way to go
if you want bushido raised high, and to not put it on a Cu. But any pet that does NOT have bleed.

Otherwise, if you want to get rid of bleed on a Cu, you really have no choice but to use bladeweave.
And you can't have both bladeweave and feint anyway.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where did you see that?
There were some tests a while back. It was a fad for a few days to increase Int. Most pets have near 400. Adding 300 more at the cost of strength <700 is not worth any amount of mana regen.

Finegold

Journeyman
Anyone have thoughts on good special abilities for Cu?

I'm thinking of adding Inferno to my dog who has Goo/Bladweave... anyone tried inferno? and/or Any other special abilities to consider?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try it, see how you like it. There are many combinations. The pet will be better than what we had in February.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not till you fill your stable with trained pets and use the magencia vendor for overflow.

Then you make another tamer on your account to hold stuff. Then you make a tamer on your other account to hold more.
Another tamer or 5.

Is that 10ish CU's you have?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another tamer or 5.

Is that 10ish CU's you have?
Have 2 white 2 Ice 2 black 2 Pink 1 red and a bunch of the other colors. No plain. 15ish trained, 5 with 120 scrolls. Except Tactics. I didn't have many 120 tactics scrolls when this started.

I also have a Lesser Hiryu collection. All the magics with scrolls. Have all the Hiryu colors also. All trained.

My tamer is human. I hung around the Cus and helped Elves get the colors they wanted. They gave me what they didn't want. The 2 ice 2 pink and 1 black were rejects from players who wanted other colors.

I had to put down a couple. A brown one with Steal life and a blue with Repel.

I have put a few non rare colors with no scrolls on my vendor. Sold a few that were at 5 slot with 1501 points left. Also sold some that were not intended to be sold, but someone wanted them for a lot of gold.

My newest tamer is going to take all the Hiryus eventually. They are not bad with 110 scrolls.

I have stable slots for any new Cus that come my way. After sorc dungeon I'll go get more.

Thats why I tell others to make whatever they want, once they get the template down.