• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe Re-Tamed Question

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each time an animal is tamed, released, and re-tamed, the Taming requirement increases. Regardless of the number of times it has been tamed up to the maximum, the minimum Taming required to control it stays the same at the respective control slot Level. There is no indicator that tells if the animal has been tamed multiple times. Has it ever been verified that a Cu that has been tamed several times is actually harder to control? Also, is this even a concern when you’re looking for a Cu.

Thanks!

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a Cu Sidhe that was a re-tame. At 120/120 I didn't notice any problems with control.
exactly what i was gona say, 120tame 120lore in real skill also diminishes the mana cost using taming masteries, on the other hand u will never have to check the control menu again

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you talking about a pet that you owned that went wild and you re-tamed it or are you talking about a pet that someone else tamed and released and then you tamed it? If you notice that is your pet goes wild that no matter how difficult it was to tame in the first place that when you "re-tame" it it is 100% tamed the first try and because it was your pet to begin with I would say no there is no difference. Now as to the taming of a mob that was tamed by someone else and released and then tamed by you it is in fact harder to tame but for the part of control I have zero clue.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you talking about a pet that you owned that went wild and you re-tamed it or are you talking about a pet that someone else tamed and released and then you tamed it? If you notice that is your pet goes wild that no matter how difficult it was to tame in the first place that when you "re-tame" it it is 100% tamed the first try and because it was your pet to begin with I would say no there is no difference. Now as to the taming of a mob that was tamed by someone else and released and then tamed by you it is in fact harder to tame but for the part of control I have zero clue.
I'm referring to pets that you have never owned. In the early days of UO, it seemed like pets that had been tamed several times were harder to control. With the new system that actually shows the Taming requirement, there is no change between a fresh tame and a re-tame, which would leave you to believe that there is no difference. I am just asking what players have experienced and if there is any real concern when you purchase a pet as to if it is a re-tame.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never had a problem with any pet I have received from someone else be it through a trade window or a pet vendor. I also remember the old to many owners warning and I dont remember seeing that warning for a long long time

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many of my Cus are retames from the LS Cu farm. They lose skill points so they start with lower skills. I can't tell which of mine were gifts or re tames. I'm human so I have never tamed one.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Many of my Cus are retames from the LS Cu farm. They lose skill points so they start with lower skills. I can't tell which of mine were gifts or re tames. I'm human so I have never tamed one.
What is the LS Cu farm?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I usually see that outside the spawn area in the cave leading into the Weald. Makes sense now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup no need to take them outside. They will kill the changelings, so you can tame more faster.

Some players think they need to remove them from the area to get new ones to spawn. A ritual that goes way back in UO history.