• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe Paragon

G

Took my Tamer Bard to TW to tame a Cu. Thinning out the regular Cu's looking for rarer colors, got all Paragons. The Bard Calculator says I should be able to provoke Paragon Cu's but I get the message they can't be provoked.

I am 117.9 Prov
100 Music
100 Animal Lore

Can these critters be provoked?

T

Trukx

Took me a while but figured this out....UO Stratics barding calc doesnt recognize "Para" Cu's (if you go to the paragon page, cushide isnt listed and it'll continue to show a normal cu w/ barding diff of 126......paragon cu's are 160).

Here is my experience.....at 120 music/peace/prov/disco........you can successfully provoke a regular cushide onto a paragon cu, but not vice versa. If you Disco the paragon cushide, then you can successfully target it as the first......and can even get 2 paragon cu's to fight; ive done it a million times.

Someone else that is better w/ numbers or that has successfully lored a disco'd para can perhaps supply what the 'discod' barding difficulty is....i think its like 152...ie unless you have 120 disco, you will still get a barding dif of 160 because it only looses 14% and not 28% of its skills. Even at 120 provoke, you'll fail on 2 disco'd para cus a LOT, but eventually they'll fight.

E

elenka

Paragon cu sidhe has barding difficulty 160, so you have 0% chance to provo 2 of them if your music skill is 100. If your music is 120, provo is 120 and you use exceptional instrument, then your provo chance is 10%. It will grow to 20% is you disco both paragons first (their difficulty will drop to 155 if you have 120 disco).

Elly

G

Thanks for the info. I used a bracelet to get music up to 110 and still didn't work. I don't have disco, so I guess I am outta luck there.

thanks again.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
your best bet is to get 120 music.
then disco them.
THEN provo them.
works like a charm!

G

I recently killed a Para-Cu much to my suprise! I disco'd the Para and sic'd swoop and a regular Cu onto it. 120 Music/115 Disco/115 Provo.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not only possible.... FUN!