• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe - keep or release?

Traleah

Visitor
I need help determining which Cu Sidhes to release. I made a spreadsheet of my current pets to compare all of their stats, then focused on their attributes and resistances. I totaled the hits+strength and then the five resistances. (I selected these items based on the cost to raise levels). Then, I looked at which pets had the highest totals. Looking at hits+strength was simple but the resistances have not been as easy for me.

Pet intensity calculator aside, how do you decide which Cu Sidhes to keep and which to release? How do you weigh the stats?

Take this one Cu for instance: Hits+Strength=1206, placing 5th place among my current pets. The resistances for this Cu totaled 314 - 1st place by total. But, the resists were over 80 in both cold (83) and energy (84). Another Cu with 306 points for resistances had one at 80 and the rest lower, so points could be spread around more evenly.

Would the Cu over 80 in Cold and Energy be pretty limited to specific use?

Is there a "break even" point of hits, strength, and resistances where you will have enough training points to max everything you want (if looking at just the AI/Chiv type build)?

Originally, my plan was to release a stabled Cu Sidhe each time I tamed one that was "better." I'm just not sure what "better" is now. I find myself looking more for higher hits+strength and resists no higher than 80 for versatility. But this may not be the way... I'm reluctant to release any pets without some more knowledgeable feedback.

I did read posts that touched on this topic in various threads, but felt they did not specifically address my questions. I've also read so much information that a lot of it is a jumbled mess in my brain (one reason for the spreadsheet). I apologize if these questions have been answered in another thread over the last couple of years.

Thank you.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
First you need to check what do you plan to do with that pet, what to fight, how many scrolls plan to put on it.
Will your Cute need cold and energy resistance or not, or you need room for fire and poison ones.
Then you will see what is important for this build. Chasing 10more HP or lower stomach/highest resist, or just get nice color.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It depends on what you like for resistance. So that is number one.

All my Cus end up with nothing added in Cold resist.

1647754854844.png
My perfect Cu would have 85 Energy resist and 70 cold.

I try not to keep the ones that do not allow 80 in Physical and Fire resist.

Cu Sidhes have a very small range for Strength. Most of them have 611 Strength. So I do not use Str as a Determining factor.

Hit Points is more of a determining factor after resists.

You can turn any Cu into an AI/Chiv pet. But you should cull them because you can.

I quickly get rid of any below 550 HP. If you have the color you want and it is 570 plus HP then it will make a killer.

You will be pleased to have the color you want that is able to make the resists you want and starts with 600HP.

You can build any Cu you want with a Guide:

But if you can cull, you can make yours a Beast!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pet intensity calculator does not directly give you a good % on pets with over normal values.

Like a Cu or Triton.

85 cold resist will show higher intensity, but is that what you want.

You can set the resist thresholds on the calculator to calculate a pet based on the resists that you want. Then you can compare %.

Traleah

Visitor
Thank you gwen and Pawain.

I haven't determined exactly what I will do with my pets, yet. At this point, I just wanted to keep the best ones and do their basic training. I guess I can say that doing a better job of surviving in Bedlam is one of my goals, but that's a goal I have for most dungeon type areas!

So far, I have followed Pawain's guides for Cu Sidhe and Giant/Fire beetle leveling. I then followed the same principles for leveling some of my other pets. I have one Chiv/AI Cu with no scrolls thus far. I did also take both of my beetles to level 5 and added their specials, but most pets I leveled are at the point of selecting specials and none have scrolls.

I did try using the intensity calculator with the resists set, but I put them all at 80, thinking it was meant to set a maximum for each area. Reading how the hits, strengths and resists factor in together when deciding whether or not to keep a Cu Sidhe is very helpful for me. Thank you!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did try using the intensity calculator with the resists set, but I put them all at 80, thinking it was meant to set a maximum for each area. Reading how the hits, strengths and resists factor in together when deciding whether or not to keep a Cu Sidhe is very helpful for me. Thank you!
You would only use that on resists that go above 80. You set them to the max value that you would like them to be.

Making them all 80 will just make all pets have a low intensity that does not consider natural max limits.

Basically there is no reason to put a Cu in the calculator. You just have to glance at the cold resist and HP to judge whether it is a keeper.

Some pet types that are not as easy to build need the calculator when culling. All Drakes, All Equines, for example.

Ascalon

Adventurer
If you have a Cu with 70 cold and 85 energy resist, that's the "best", in my view. It maximizes the strength of the Cu's overcap in energy while minimizing the wasted points of cold resist. I would sort based on that also. A 85 cold would be one I would trade, give away, or vendor off.

Most Cu's can be good PvM hunters with 110 level scrolls. If you want to try out templates, use a few of your marginal ones to test builds with 110 scrolls. For me, this helped me find a few templates I enjoy the most (Discord/AI and Mystic/AI/Goo) that I wouldn't have built based on the "on paper" build of Chiv/Ai. For Discord the 120 is a plentiful scroll. I use the Mystic/AI/Goo one for treasure map clean up. Helpful for the "flyers" like balron and ancient wyrm. Also helpful for the area damage spawn like the cold dragon, since it has 2 ways of healing. FWW is another underused but nice special I would recommend trying out in game.

Traleah

Visitor
Thank you - I hope to try some of those out at some point. I did keep a few high cold resist cu sidhes, including the one with high cold and energy. I figure I can always release them if they don’t work out before adding scrolls - or I can put those points in other stats. I’ve got a couple of chivalry/armor ignore cu sidhes without scrolls already, so do plan to try something else.