• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe Healing

T

Turdnugget

I posted part of this on the Bard forum to ask about discording a cu..

Now the question I have here, what's the proper way to work on a cu's healing. At around 76ish, after it's discorded, what should I be doing? Poisoning it? Ideas/tips, how to set it up etc... 2 boats, cu on one, discorder/caster on the other...

Thanks.

U

uoBuoY

No matter what you do, it's gonna take a long time to GM. So maybe figure out a secondary purpose such as gold farming.

Slow methods:
Shadow Els...yes you can gain Healing in the 90s
4-5 trapped Pixies in the Wield
Casting Poison on Cu forever

Other:
Rotting Corpses

I've used all these methods and by far the best method for me was hunting any reasonably high level magic caster with great physical resist. At least it's not boring and you get a lot of gold, hides, etc.

O

Old Man of UO

I assume that you've already maxed out the other skills. I would suggest NOT fighting rotting corpses while your dog is discorded... it won't last long and fail too many times curing.

The best way that I've seen to raise the healing above 90, is to discord your pet as you have, then either have it fight something that will continuously poison it or keep casting poison on it while it is fighting something else, such as a shadow ele.

You can have it fight some magic user at a distance, such as the sea serpent in shame, and cast poison on it at the same time. This will raise its magic resist and healing at the same time.

I also met one person who released his bonded cu sidhe while fighting a shadow ele and cast poison at it. He claimed that they gained skills faster while wild, but I don't think I would want to release my precious Odie to try it.

T

Turdnugget

Ok, perhaps have a scorpion tickle it for awhile?

It's only got 78.4 healing atm...

Resist/Wrestle/Tacs are already GM and 93 Anat...Just need to get healing up =) I plan on using it a lot in Doom and want to make sure it's got decent healing before going down there.

O

Old Man of UO

Ok, perhaps have a scorpion tickle it for awhile?

It's only got 78.4 healing atm...

Resist/Wrestle/Tacs are already GM and 93 Anat...Just need to get healing up =) I plan on using it a lot in Doom and want to make sure it's got decent healing before going down there.
I could never keep my dogs above 90 healing, especially in Doom. From what I've been told, most don't see a lot of improvement from 90 to 100 healing. I couldn't say either way. High resists for your pet in Doom are more important than the extra 10 healing points.

You might try the scorpions north of the bridge on the north side of Papua in the Lost Lands, and have 8 scorpions hitting it at once. Imps should be good too.

C

ColonelKurtz

I made my own guild and I have a 120 mage with 100 poison caszt poison on it constatly. I do thjis fist in taming and resist and anat go right up with the healing....