• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu-Sidhe General Chat.LOL

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: How do i get my Cu-Sidhe past 81.7 Healing?

You need nto let it take damage and Heal Itself.

It does not need to do damage to do this.

So even picking on a Earth Elemental, Sea Serpent (If Resist Spell is not maxed yet) etc and just plain old let that Cu Heal itself and you stand as guardian.

I let things go to the point of the Cu being a 25% Health then I start to intervene up to about 50% health.

I will also Cure any Poisons as the Cu may not be able to Heal it off.

I have always found Ogre Lords, Artic Ogre Lords, Earth Elementals good for raising tactics as well for some reason.

Some good areas are Despise (Cyclops / Ogre Lords), Ice (Artic Ogre Lord), Troglodytes, Yomatsu Mines the Shadow Ore Elemental or just let it have at the Elelementals and the Warrior(s) near the entrance.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you follow the pet training guide stickied above, matching your pets skills to the monster he's fighting that should get you healing gains at the same time. I found my cu's hit 90 healing in the process of training up their melee skills.

Then, if you can't disco the pup, you want to hunt rotting corpses. I started with just 1, then moved onto 2 at the same time in Doom. It takes a while training without disco, but you'll earn a lot of gold if you actively hunt with your dog.

If you can disco the cu, then you don't need high level poison to get the gains. I got some through normal hunting and topped them off with casting on my dog when he was disco'd.

Wenchy

D

Duke SP

Ok, thank both of you very much.One last question please.What are ideal stats to have on a cu-sidhe?

Mine is:
509 HP
123 Stamina

601 Str

What's the max their skills will go up too?Yes, i'm a new tamer.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Shrug* Stats .... don't mean all that much to me ... well I do have a lower limit on the PRE Tame Hit points. It pretty much needs to be around or above 1100 HPS giving around or above 550 HP the rest don't seem to make that much of a difference.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, thank both of you very much.One last question please.What are ideal stats to have on a cu-sidhe?

Mine is:
509 HP
123 Stamina

601 Str

What's the max their skills will go up too?Yes, i'm a new tamer.
You want its hit points to be closer to the max of 600 (range is 500 - 600). The hit points are halved when tamed, so pre-tame will show 1000-1200 hit points.

Stamina will train up to 125 on all Cu's, regardless of where it was pre-tame.

Strength does not really matter much since it is such a small range (pre-tame values of 1200-1224), and it is also halved once tamed.

All skills can train to a maximum of 100.0. The only benefit of having a higher pre-tame skill will be a few minutes less of training, which is a drop in the bucket for time (so it wont matter).

The most important thing you will want in a Cu is its resists. It will survive alot longer with higher resists. Its maximum resists are 65/45/85/50/85. You can find all of the information you will need about the animalat this link: Cu Sidhe.

It should take you around an hour of farming to find a fairly good resist cu with over 550 hit points.

Stayin Alive,

BG

D

Duke SP

Well the resists on my dog is:

Bad?

BTW, thank you everyone for your kind responses.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You could do better, but how selective you want to be really depends on how long you want to spend finding the perfect cu. And also the end purpose for your pet, as every tamer has different objectives in mind :) I'd suggest using that pup while you look for something better, then you'll have the experience from training him to use on your next one.

Wenchy

D

Duke SP

Well the reason i tamed him is for a few reasons.I'm in factions, so i kill daemons for silver.Can i use him to kill Ogre Lords?And for two, he's Echo Blue color.

You think with his 32% fire resist Oni would eat him alive?
What about Ogre Lords?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well the resists on my dog is:

Bad?

BTW, thank you everyone for your kind responses.
Now Resists are a different story from Stats :)

Yeah that is a good Cu. I focus on the PhysR mostly and make sure the rest are good to great.

So your 65 is great :)

They do particularly well against Succubi and yeah they can own the Ogre Lord Spawn in Despise (The Ogre Lord Island 3 Ogre Lords).

F

Frey Wavestrider

My first cu had decent resists and I used him to hunt in all dungeons. One I found that someone had released, was a 4.75 on the pet calculator maxing out on alot of resists. He is fun working up but the first is still the main cu I have. Whatever pet you get it is how you use it and what you want from it that is important. You can have a fairy dog with lower resists and still get enjoyment and use of of him.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mostly tame them for their color :)
Got this one a couple of days ago. (not sure what im gonna use it for)
Pure white.
596 HP
610 str
76 dex
275 int
resist 65,32,76,45,79

Still trying to get a blaze one....pffft

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wenchkin is spot on. That is a good, solid Cu but you could get a better one. You would need to put the time in to find it though.

I suggest you bond it, train it, and hunt with it. With that cu you now have the luxury of looking for a better one IF you want.

Stayin Alive,

BG

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Questions for the experienced Cu trainers. For healing, I notice when I disco the Cu, healing doesn't drop. I see several posts saying you don't need DP to gain if you disco, am I missing something?

Second, if I wanted to gain using poisoning mage - what would be the best setup? I have GM poison, but am not 120 mage. Will this work? Thanks in advance :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When disco'd the value for the cu's healing skill won't decrease, but it has been disco'd. It's just that the lore gump won't display it properly ;)

You don't need poisoning skill to train a disco'd pup. Basically any old magic poison does fine, you want to simply cast enough to keep it poisoned all the time. So meditation is very handy. You can get gains without poison, but I found it easy to disco the pup when I logged on, poison it till I ran out of mana and then go out for a hunt. Then when I dropped off my loot at home I'd repeat the process.

I liked the casting method because it was easy to do for a minute each day and GMd my cu's resist at the same time :)

Wenchy