• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe and Base Damage

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got last round on training. Now I choosed max base damage that seems be 24-33.

so:
How much I need HP to get it 25-34?
Do I need "save" points for Base Damage upgrade or will it go higher automatically when I take higher HP?
Also how STR affect this all?

Last edited:

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just got last round on training. Now I choosed max base damage that seems be 24-33.

so:
Do I need "save" points for Base Damage upgrade or will it go higher automatically when I take higher HP?
as i recall hp and str are separate now. hp do not affect damage, however str does give bonus but as a multiplier, do not think they increase base.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as i recall hp and str are separate now. hp do not affect damage, however str does give bonus but as a multiplier, do not think they increase base.
I think HP affects.

Publish 98 says: "Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35."

Here:
Publish 98

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think HP affects.

Publish 98 says: "Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35."

Here:

Publish 98
Thats a PvP fix so they can do more damage to pets. The amount of damage allowed to pets in PvP can now be greater than the 35 damage cap as long as the pets hp exceeds X amount of hp's etc.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a PvP fix so they can do more damage to pets. The amount of damage allowed to pets in PvP can now be greater than the 35 damage cap as long as the pets hp exceeds X amount of hp's etc.
I think you misunderstood something there. the publish notes said:

• Removed SDI cap damage vs Pets.
  • Players can now parry pet special moves.
  • Increased Pet damage reduction vs Players from 30% to 50%.
  • Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35.

The first 3 concern pvp but the last one concerns pets and their damage cap which can now exceed 35 if the pet has lots of hp. Either this is worded really badly or (and that's how I understood this) it has nothing to do with pvp and actually is about pet damage to monsters.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

so:
You MUST increase base damage in the final round of training. That is separate from the HP change.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think you misunderstood something there. the publish notes said:

• Removed SDI cap damage vs Pets.
  • Players can now parry pet special moves.
  • Increased Pet damage reduction vs Players from 30% to 50%.
  • Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35.

The first 3 concern pvp but the last one concerns pets and their damage cap which can now exceed 35 if the pet has lots of hp. Either this is worded really badly or (and that's how I understood this) it has nothing to do with pvp and actually is about pet damage to monsters.
In the context of how it was posted I took it to mean (Player) Direct Damage cap (to) pets is now based on Pet's HP and can exceed 35..

Had heard player direct damage cap in PvP was 35 and they were complaining about how long it was taking to kill pets in PvP and this was supposed to be a "fix" on it so they could kill pets with 1k hp's quicker... but that it is scaled so that they can not do above 35 damage to pets with under a certain amount of hp's (ie mounts etc) .... but would not be the first time I have been wrong...

how about it @Bleak or @Kyronix .. could ya shed some light here for us please?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the context of how it was posted I took it to mean (Player) Direct Damage cap (to) pets is now based on Pet's HP and can exceed 35..

Had heard player direct damage cap in PvP was 35 and they were complaining about how long it was taking to kill pets in PvP and this was supposed to be a "fix" on it so they could kill pets with 1k hp's quicker... but that it is scaled so that they can not do above 35 damage to pets with under a certain amount of hp's (ie mounts etc) .... but would not be the first time I have been wrong...

while what you're saying makes sense, shouldn't they have said direct damage cap AGAINST pets instead of direct damage cap FOR pets? the poor (inaccurate/ambiguous) wording of these publish notes is has been a recurring problem...and this is coming from a non-native speaker. So please @Bleak or @Kyronix could you rephrase that line in the publish notes to be more exact? Is it the damage cap of players against pets that will scale with the pet's hp from now on and can exceed 35, or is the damage cap of pets against monsters able to increase 35 based on the pet's hp?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Glad I didn't fatten up any of my pets in advance. I wondered why they would put HP in the calculation for a pets damage. They didn't.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad I didn't fatten up any of my pets in advance. I wondered why they would put HP in the calculation for a pets damage. They didn't.
is there proof for this? has anyone (you?) tested this? or are you just assuming based on the discussion in this thread?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is there proof for this? has anyone (you?) tested this? or are you just assuming based on the discussion in this thread?

They nerf based on PvP complaints.

Damage and HP are not related. We just read it wrong. Or it was misleading.