• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe AI question (or rather confusion :) ) regarding damage type

Tinka

Visitor
Hi everyone

As so many, I am a returning player and very interested in the new possibilities. One thing keeps confusing me though: AI seems to be a preferred option in a Cu Sidhe. When I check the definition of AI, it reduces the physical resistance of the target. Yet Cu Sidhes deal by nature 50 % energy, 50 % cold damage. So it seems to me that it shouldn't do any good at all on a Cu Sidhe, yet everyone agrees that it does. What am I missing?

Thank you for any help on this. :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm guessing you were looking at uoguide. That information is wrong.

Per uo.com wiki...

Armor Ignore – This special move allows the skilled warrior to bypass all of their target’s armor resistance, for one shot only. The Armor Ignore shot does slightly less damage than normal (90% of normal damage). Against a heavily armored opponent, this ability is a big win, but when used against a very lightly armored foe, it might be better to use a standard strike. PvP Only: Armor Ignore direct damage cap on melee weapons is 35, on ranged weapons is 30

That information is accurate.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does 90% of normal damage to the target... no defense.

Thats my understanding.