• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu hues, questions, price check, etc...

XeneX

Adventurer
I decided to tame some cu's to try and get a black one. They match my outfit and all!

I tamed a lot of them over several days and I think I've found every color but black so far. However, I am having trouble distinguishing some of the colors so I've grabbed the color code for them, and charted them out below with pics from both the EC and CC. I found one guide online reposting something claiming to be from a dev and listing color codes (bottom of Cu Sidhe - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia), but none of those codes match up with the codes for colors I'm finding so I figured that is out of date (or perhaps my tool is pulling a different value than they were giving). Could anyone help match up some of these blue colors with the names I see floating around? From the numbers I saw I think 1301 and 1154 are the less common blue hues but no idea which is which, and no idea what names would go with 2220 and 1319.

As far as intensity goes, how rare is a high 80's or 90's? I tamed a lot of Cu's and the highest intensity I found was 5179 (83.96%). I found 4 in total in the low 80's and maybe 10-15 in the 70's.

Lastly, I did tame the blaze in the pic, he's in my stable on Napa. I don't intend to sell him, but someone was telling me they sell for a ridiculous amount on Atlantic; that they are ridiculously rare. The numbers I've seen are ~1:25000, which is rare but not really sure how to quantify that compared to other items in game which may be unique or nearly so. Is this thing really worth a small fortune on Atlantic? It's 5042 (63.24%) intensity, so not super great, but not terrible either.

Last edited:

XeneX

Adventurer
Color Charts: Cu Sidhe | uo-cah.com
Of course what I had been looking for was on uo-cah. That site impresses me more and more! I managed to find a ton of misinformation on this topic out there, and missed this little gem of a list!

Blaze cu is very rare and they have sold for crazy amounts of gold in the past.
Any idea what those amounts may have been? I heard numbers thrown out as high as 7p and 9p, which seemed stupid high to me, but those throwing the numbers out seemed sincere.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Of course what I had been looking for was on uo-cah. That site impresses me more and more! I managed to find a ton of misinformation on this topic out there, and missed this little gem of a list!
We have a lot of information throughout our site and are always updating it with more . Giving accurate information is important, we always fact check any information before we post it by going through old Dev posts, formulas and with testing to verify that information is correct. If there is any information people are looking for and we haven't posted about it, we always welcome suggestions via private message. We have a good couple dozen half written articles we have been working on but haven't gotten around to finishing yet.

Any idea what those amounts may have been? I heard numbers thrown out as high as 7p and 9p, which seemed stupid high to me, but those throwing the numbers out seemed sincere.
3.5 seems to be the low end lately, if it's good stats it can go up a bit more depending how much someone wants one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and no idea what names would go with 2220 and 1319.
Here are the only names I have seen used for those 3 blues.

upload_2019-3-6_14-52-14.png

I prefer the Echo Blue. It looks more sky blue to me.

XeneX

Adventurer
Here are the only names I have seen used for those 3 blues.
I may have some mild color blindness, but Valorite and Echo look exactly the same to me. The cah site cleared it up though since it had codes matching what I pulled.

The one remaining question I have is around how rare the higher intensities are. I have yet to see one above 83%

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any Cu Sidhe can be built. If you use 120 scrolls your final HP could be +100 of where it begins. Str has very little variance 611 is common. HP is the last thing that you put points in so ts easy to build a 588HP Cu.

You can be picky about resists and not want that one.

Put your Cu in the calculator then go to the planner. If you like it build it.

Then go get another and build it. I also have a few. My Collection

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I may have some mild color blindness, but Valorite and Echo look exactly the same to me. The cah site cleared it up though since it had codes matching what I pulled.

The one remaining question I have is around how rare the higher intensities are. I have yet to see one above 83%
Intensity will typically fall into two categories:
  • Pets that spawn at multiple control slots
  • Pets that spawn at a single control slot
For Pets that can spawn at multiple control slots (e.g. Nightmares, Najasaurus, Reptalons, Skree, etc.), you will have a much easier time finding an 80%+ intensity pet (in the lower control slot), or even a 90%+ pet. 100% intensity pets can also be found with a bit of time investment, but those can still be fairly uncommon.

This is because intensity works on a bell curve, and often that control slot split is somewhere in the middle of the bell curve, so the chances are much greater for the stat values of a pet to spawn in at values that make it high intensity.

However if we look at single control spawn pets, which still spawn on a bell curve, the most common range will be 40% to 60%, with 70% being uncommon, 80% being rare, and 90%+ being almost impossible without a ton of time investment.

So with Cu's, since they are a single slot pet, an 83% intensity one is actually going to be very good. The other thing to consider on Cu's is their overcapped Cold and Energy resists. Technically speaking, a 100% Cu spawn would have 85/85 in these resists, but may not be desirable. You can use the intensity calculator to set a resist threshold to resists you prefer, to see how the pet would rate with artificial resist caps (if you are one that does not want an 85/85 pet).

An 83% Cu with 85/85 resists is probably less desirable than a 75% Cu with low cold/energy, for example.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but Valorite and Echo
I do have red/green color blindness and Sky Blue and Valorite look near identical to me Echo Blue is a lot different.

I have always wondered if different people see colors the same way.