• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CU Healing help

Telchar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello All,
I am stuck trying to raise my Cu's healing skill. I am at 110.3 right now and I am going nowhere fast. I run RC's daily and I also am in Eodon where I have a group of Dino's across a water barrier poisoning my Cu constantly. No gains even if I do this for hours. I know this is a hard skill to raise but come on!!.!.!.!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Discord the Cu, then continue with the dinos. Whispering helps too.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have the same problem. How can discord the cu? I havent disco skill

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Telchar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have this skill on another char and I cannot seem to discord my pet. Everytime I try I get a msg that disco will not work on this

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You need to be guilded or allied to be able to discord outside of felucca.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use the satyrs where the cu’s spawn. It can get hairy but i drag one down by idol. Tell cu too attack then stay until the cu is disco’ed. The satry will provo the wisps and fairies.

Telchar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
OK I went through the agony of creating a bard type char (mythic tokens). I crafted some +15 mucis and +15 disco jewels (2 ea) so we are talking 120 each skill.
The system msg I get is My skill is not up to that task

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cu takes quit a bit of barding. They can above 120 to 160 depending on how they are built. I use a fey slayer harp from the Turn in store. Still takes a few tries on all 120 Bard. I discord other ppls pets and play on another toon.

Telchar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Cu takes quit a bit of barding. They can above 120 to 160 depending on how they are built. I use a fey slayer harp from the Turn in store. Still takes a few tries on all 120 Bard. I discord other ppls pets and play on another toon.
Thx I'll give that a try

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also a bug, that may or may not have been fixed (they've said they fixed it, then it still happened after), where if it's a Cu with Discord, if you accidentally target it with your own "all kill" command, that it will sometimes disco itself (might have to be taking damage at the time).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes the pet I discord will aggro me and I start shooting it. I remove my bow when I remember and ask the person to invis me after success. Gets messy at the Dimes when pets are chasing me around.

Telchar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sometimes the pet I discord will aggro me and I start shooting it. I remove my bow when I remember and ask the person to invis me after success. Gets messy at the Dimes when pets are chasing me around.

LOL I have had similar things happen. A great way to impress all your friends at how tough your new pet is.

Telchar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There's also a bug, that may or may not have been fixed (they've said they fixed it, then it still happened after), where if it's a Cu with Discord, if you accidentally target it with your own "all kill" command, that it will sometimes disco itself (might have to be taking damage at the time).

My dog has no disco so I am safe there.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
About the self disco, my disco Cu happenend somehow to self disco himself last week. dont ask me how but probably by telling him to attack himself. I was not able to reproduce the bug afterwards, but he did get discoed by himself.

The problem was that the disco effect did not disappear, even after leaving him inside or outside the stables, breaking line of sight etc.

The only way how I was able to break disco was to kill him, but then he lost skill points.

So I would not recommend trying to use the bug with self disco.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To wear off the discord - you need to break the line of sight to the bard (your pet) for 11 or so seconds - easiest to be done by casting invis onto your pet ...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To wear off the discord - you need to break the line of sight to the bard (your pet) for 11 or so seconds - easiest to be done by casting invis onto your pet ...
Cast it on yourself not your pet

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blimey Frodo - the bard needs be invisible for a while - and if your pet is the bard (which discorded itself) ... so go figure *shakes head* ...

BTW - I have five (5) legendary pet disco bards on two different shards ... they could be shown to demonstrate, that I'm not completely clueless on this 'topic'

There was a time when pet disco bards could regularly discord themselves - unfortunately, that got 'fixed' in the mean time - but if that is now back as a 'new feature' again - just read back on top and try yourself ...