• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Gone wild twice over 3 days - 110/110 , is this normal?

poom22

Visitor
Hi all

I am new to taming so not sure if this is normal, i'm 110 taming 110 lore

My 5 slot Cu was happy the other day and i got him to attack my friend in Fel to train him, it then went grey and wild , I was able to tame it again but obviously it was unbonded and lost all its skills , then something weird happened - I could not res my friend as it would say ' you cannot perform beneficial acts on this person' ,

Then again yesterday in the middle of Destard spawn it went wild, I could retame again, but it seemed perfectly happy

So I lost all its skills again!

Is this expected behavior?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is this expected behavior?
At 110/110 you have 82% chance to control a max level pet, there is a good chance you have issued too many commands that your pet has refused, this will lower its happiness over time and eventually go wild. You need a minimum of 230 skill points between taming and lore to have a 99% chance of controlling a max level pet. Most will simply recommend 120/120 for safety, masteries etc. but that does not fit everyones temp/budget.

Regarding the rez issue, there are a number of reasons you might get that message, maybe you or your friend are red or in VvV or in a guild war? I'm no expert in that area but I have experienced it under various circumstances so it is a thing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You need 115 Taming and 115 Lore to have max chance (99%) to control a 5 slot pet. You could make 110/110 work before animal training but not with the power of today’s modern pets. Most everyone here recommends real 120 Taming and 120 Lore. This also factors into the mana use for the animal taming mastery. You get a huge bonus at real 120/120.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are many reasons for having 120 taming/lore. More than once I've seen pets go wild at EM events and get guard whacked. You get discorded and not paying attention you issue too many commands and poof your pet is wild. I see too many posts about pets going wild and in every one of them the person isn't running 120 skill. Yet for some reason I still see people insisting you don't need 120 taming/lore skill. To the original poster I am glad to hear you got your pet back. A lot of people end up losing their trained pets in a dungeon or event.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The taming scrolls recently increased in cost because of all the returning players.