• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Discordance training

Aquarius88

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hiho my Cu is stuck on 105.5 disco since 1 week, and i have no idea why i gave him a 120 scroll....
do u know a good method to gain up to 120??.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the balron in blackthornes dungeon to get my Cu to 120 disco (drops were nice). A lot of people disco the dog (or get it to disco itself) and use the slimes pit in SA entrance. I just got a vollum to 120 disco by discoing it and having it fight orges in winter area of tokuno

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I find more often that quantity works better than quality in pets skill gains... I took mine to the Fandancers Dojo to the first room there where 2 fandancers spawn continuously and quickly... it dies it respawns nearly instantly... this kept a steady stream of mid level mobs spawning and my cu able to recast at a fair rate to mana return so he discorded more often...

Hope that helps... also I was doing the invasions at the time so that always had plenty to do ... but the fandancers gained me quite a bit.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm training discord on a 3-slot vollem. gains were ok until I hit 105, now they're extremely hard to get (only 0.1 during each wispering window). I used slimes in the abyss and giant rats so far. what's good to train on from 108+ ? the monsters shouldn't be too hard because it's only a squishy 3 slot vollem... any suggestions?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this will work for your vollem, please keep that in mind.
I discorded my cu sidhe and had her kill slimes and then slugs. I had to use my 2nd acct to keep her alive with greater heals. I also pulled away to get full mana before each whisper. Really not sure if that helped but I was willing to try anything to get discord to 120. Which I did.
Funny thing was, I swore I’d never train discord on any other pet and what do I do? I add disco to another cu!

Last edited:

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
slugs didn't work too well. gained 0.1 over the course of 3 hours when the vollem was discorded. to make things worse it died at one point and lost 0.2 (because it was rounded up after disco ?), so I actually lost points there lol

any other suggestions? this has to be the most painful skill to raise ever...and I thought chiv was bad...

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aww
Feel you pain. Replied to your pm.
I'd put discord and healing in the same category. Horrible skills to gain.
Magical skills are still ok, as long as your pet doesn't have dragon breath. That just prolongs the torture.
Just noticed someone selling a trained pet... 103/120 healing.... The rest were 120. Dunno why people consider them trained when the hardest skills to gain aren't even...!!!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aww
Feel you pain. Replied to your pm.
I'd put discord and healing in the same category. Horrible skills to gain.
Magical skills are still ok, as long as your pet doesn't have dragon breath. That just prolongs the torture.
Just noticed someone selling a trained pet... 103/120 healing.... The rest were 120. Dunno why people consider them trained when the hardest skills to gain aren't even...!!!!
I sell mine at 40 magic and whatever they have healing and call them skilled. I hate skilling. I can get the fighting skills to 120 or whatever.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
BS may find it smart to add Pet SOT's to the UO store? This will not detract from the murderer's bread and butter PS-grabbing and profiteering also since this will have nothing to do with PS? Just an idea that may help some people with things like healing and disco for pets? Just an idea..**ducking for the storm of rotten tomatoes thrown this way**

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BS may find it smart to add Pet SOT's to the UO store? This will not detract from the murderer's bread and butter PS-grabbing and profiteering also since this will have nothing to do with PS? Just an idea that may help some people with things like healing and disco for pets? Just an idea..**ducking for the storm of rotten tomatoes thrown this way**
Ya first thing a returner asks after finding out they eat scrolls. How do I feed it SoTs.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ya first thing a returner asks after finding out they eat scrolls. How do I feed it SoTs.
I can see the SOT's for pets happening, esp on the UO store..Its only a matter of time. And I don't think the murderers will complain too much about them, as it will not affect their precious PS market at all..

Jaela

Journeyman
If you have discord on your character, get to 100+ discord, then go to Dimetresaur's.. position yourself on an island and let it discord it, it will gain off fails+healing will gain, once u hit 105+ in discord, you have to discord your pet so it never successfully discords the Dime.. ive done over 15 120 disco pets, this is by far the fastest method I've found thus far.. PLUS it works healing, 2-3 days of hard work/using whisper every chance, ull be 120 np.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you have discord on your character, get to 100+ discord, then go to Dimetresaur's.. position yourself on an island and let it discord it, it will gain off fails+healing will gain, once u hit 105+ in discord, you have to discord your pet so it never successfully discords the Dime.. ive done over 15 120 disco pets, this is by far the fastest method I've found thus far.. PLUS it works healing, 2-3 days of hard work/using whisper every chance, ull be 120 np.
Sweet! Great info thanks also..Maybe I will finally use that 120 disco scroll, and my one and only 115 healing..

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
wish I had known that one...

I finally found monsters that were low enough to not completely wreck my vollem and grinded it to 120 now. I had my pet discord itself and then used orc choppers, orc scouts and orcish lords to get it to 120. Gains were still brutally slow but at least I always had at least 0.1 skillpoints per wispering round.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm up to 116.1 disco on my cu, just from doing ilshenar champ spawns.

As others noted, quantity matters far more than quality of target, and at least I have the chance of getting something beneficial (pinks, leather off lizardmen and ratmen, etc.). I probably would be close to 120 already if the fool doggie wouldn't go charging into swarms of level 3-4 spawn and dying - and that could be avoided by only sticking around for the first two levels of the spawn.

Rabid Sniper

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but one way that you can train skills like disco and even healing, and magic skills is to use the Eodon dinosaur area. (Near the TRex) The thing with discordance on a pet, is that you can gain on a failure.. So.. Find a nice spot and trap a tough dino that doesnt area attack, isolate him.. and have your pet "all kill" over an island or river or bridge in that area...You can use the natural terrain for this. This is especially useful if you have Discordance yourself and you discord your pet, have him attack.. (maybe get 3 or four isolated monsters so you can rotate for variety. The pet will sit there and discord over and over.. if it has spells it will cast those too. Couple this will use of "Whisper" as often as possible and you can get most skills on your pets up. Its still a grind, but with practice its fairly effective for most pets and skills. If you want to train healing and discordance at the same time.. use the Dimesauruses but make sure you stand back far enough to not get hit with the poison blast.

Jaela

Journeyman

As others noted, quantity matters far more than quality of target, and at least I have the chance of getting something beneficial (pinks, leather off lizardmen and ratmen, etc.). I probably would be close to 120 already if the fool doggie wouldn't go charging into swarms of level 3-4 spawn and dying - and that could be avoided by only sticking around for the first two levels of the spawn.

I completely disagree.. it takes me 1-2 days tops to get 120 disco on a pet doing it through slimes/dimetresaurs..

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Disco training comes in bursts. (>100 disco)

This is something I've seen through several pets.
Non-discoed pet gains about 1.0 every 2h.

Discoed pet gains about 1.0 every 1h.

The gains come in 0.1 in very long intervals, and then all of a sudden you can get a burst of 0.1 within a very short period.
Ive seen points go from 115.4 to 116.1 in 10-15 minutes outside of whispering.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I completely disagree.. it takes me 1-2 days tops to get 120 disco on a pet doing it through slimes/dimetresaurs..
So you're disagreeing with me by effectively agreeing with me, but just differing on the creatures?

The difference between doing the slimes for gains, and the bottom levels of champs, is that you get nothing for killing the slimes - while you can get pinks and minor artifacts to trash for cleanup points from the spawns. Why not multi-task? And, you're far less likely to be falsely accused of unattended stuff moving around at a champ, as opposed to standing there (hidden or not) at a slime spawn.

Frankly, I gained better in the underworld on the acid slugs than the slimes - but that was probably because there's actually more slugs than slimes. Though, it did require a little more healing intervention.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With Cu's I actually take them to the Undead room beyond the Slugs .... they work up their resist and healing all at the same time.... I do occasionally have to pull the Cu off and heal it up but actually got to 120 Discord killing undead but you are right @Basara much more profitable to do low level spawns and have the chance to get pinks... I wanted to use something in Blackthorns to try to get those drops while I was at it but besides the Hellhound spawn the respawn rate of most everything else (besides the red mages maybe) is FAR too slow to be worthwhile. I tried gold eles (these respawn ok), spiders, liches, humans... etc... even the dragons drakes which took to long to get to going round in that maze... and other stuff but yeah the spawn is too slow.

Tokuno has a very nice respawn rate pretty much everywhere... however since you get "NOTHING" out of killing stuff there it seemed pointless. Tried some stuff in shame... but that was too slow... tried wrong but some of the mobs there take FAR too long to kill... Destard is FAR too slow... even went to the bottom of the Orc Cave but again respawn rates were too slow... and you don't really get anything of benefit there. Tried several of the spawns in the Abyss and they didn't seem to do much and again was kinda slow.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You about have to be optimized as a resource gatherer for some of those locations.

Tokuno mobs, since the devs were lazy, have high-count leather but it's all plain leather.

Orc Caves, in the bottom level, if you pass back and forth between the side caves and the central one with the forge, you can kill the Orc Brute for 25 shadow ore a pop, between clearing the eles out of the east room and the bombers, etc. out of the north room. Still not all that fast, but if you need the ore it is quicker than anything other than farming the shadow ele with a dexxer.

While not fast, a means I've used for training disco points lost from the 120 after I got it there, was to use the pet in the shadowguard Bar, Fountain and Armory (solo). My cu uses disco so much down there that I never use the character's own.
What is fast (until you have to wait for the reset after killing the reknowneds) are the goblin mini-spawns in the Abyss (you have so many sets of sparkles from the cu doing it you can't tell what is and isn't discoed). I started doing those when trying to help a group of friends fill a half-dozen harpschords.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

What are the spawns you are mentioning to use @Basara, to get pinks etc? Ty in advance.

XeneX

Adventurer
Discoing your pet is the key to quickly training slow skills, basically all the items in the magics category. 100% concur in quantity over quality. When disco'd by a legendary bard a GM skill will be at 72% and a legendary skill is at 86.4%. It's far faster to gain in the 70's and 80's than the 100's and 110's. I like the slimes in the underworld, but anything in the 50-70 barding range that dies fast and respawns quickly works really well. Still takes time, not something you're going to knock out in a day, but far faster imo than training without disco.

Some discussion around the economics, and there's likely room for both sides of the coin. I choose to train on stuff I can lvl on faster with the idea that I can more quickly take the pet to harder stuff, but there is an argument to be made for taking it slower on more profitable targets.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What are the spawns you are mentioning to use @Basara, to get pinks etc? Ty in advance.
Any of them will work - but Oaks, Twaulo (Weald) and Serado (in Tokuno) have a lot of non-aggro spawn (meaning you will have to issue attack commands). There's two schools of thought on this - if all the spawn is aggro, you have to command the pet less, but if you're having to initiate the attacks, it's more likely to conserve the Cu's mana longer to give it the ability to attempt more discos. I tend to go with the more aggro spawns.

Fel will work as good as the tram-ruleset facets, except that you will get low-level PS for half your drops (with the pinks worth more). And of course, there are other drops in Eodon at the turtle, or the paragon drops in ilshenar, that you can sell or use for turn-in points.

PageBoy

Journeyman
I can see the SOT's for pets happening, esp on the UO store..Its only a matter of time. And I don't think the murderers will complain too much about them, as it will not affect their precious PS market at all..
If you really think that the PS market is in the hands of “murderers” you probably haven’t played a champ spawn in your entire UO life. Seriously, please stop blaming other for your laziness.

Beside that, SoT and SoA for pets would be a nice addon for the UO store

Also, remember that a “murderer” gifted you 2 scrolled Cus ( with several 120 ps) and a legacy kitsune so... maybe we aren’t all so greedy after all

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you really think that the PS market is in the hands of “murderers” you probably haven’t played a champ spawn in your entire UO life. Seriously, please stop blaming other for your laziness.

Beside that, SoT and SoA for pets would be a nice addon for the UO store

Also, remember that a “murderer” gifted you 2 scrolled Cus ( with several 120 ps) and a legacy kitsune so... maybe we aren’t all so greedy after all
You never gave me a PP bake. :sad2:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Beside that, SoT and So for pets would be a nice addon for the UO store

Apologies my friend, you are right. I meant to say PK folk. ( Did not also know you are PVP/PK, you lill rascal you!). Not only that, but other PVP people here have been extremely useful with advice about PVP. I do champs ok, and several times I have worked with a red and his protector char to get nice PS for everyone. Sooo..I stand corrected. And thank you kindly for your generosity! Frankly, nowdays I have accepted PVP/PK graciously, and it just happens if and when it happens. I don't mind it much at all anymore. :devil:

PageBoy

Journeyman
Apologies my friend, you are right. I meant to say PK folk. ( Did not also know you are PVP/PK, you lill rascal you!). Not only that, but other PVP people here have been extremely useful with advice about PVP. I do champs ok, and several times I have worked with a red and his protector char to get nice PS for everyone. Sooo..I stand corrected. And thank you kindly for your generosity! Frankly, nowdays I have accepted PVP/PK graciously, and it just happens if and when it happens. I don't mind it much at all anymore. :devil:
Be raided is part of the fun :p we should all have a red char